Search results

1. B

DIV State Semifinal: Steubenville vs. Kettering Alter

Many care as you are speaking of a generational talent; regardless of geography, he‘s likely one in 700,000. Steve Davis cannot be forgotten and should not. Mentioning his name does not take an iota of due attention from anyone playing in the Ohio state semi-finals. Defense being…….in my...
  2. B

DIV State Semifinal: Steubenville vs. Kettering Alter

While I truly concur with and support your proganstic vision for OHSAA, wining about $16.50 for an athletic ticket is embarrassing to the state‘s residents. You’ll spend that much easily on two mixed drinks or two Starbucks‘ delicacies every day/night and not whine or blink an eye………..why? The...
  3. B

Region 15: #1 Steubenville vs #2 Thornville Sheridan

Something like this, Sheridan 2023 could most likely beat 90% of Division 3 schools, that leaves say 11 or 12, which Div. 3 afforded their only loss. By my count, Sheridan's point differential this year through 13 games is 459-149.....that is staggering. Saying Thornville Sheridan is a drop...
  4. B

#1 Steubenville vs. #13 Indian Valley

The 420 N. 4th Street faithful have seen it consistently for decades, and why we compare to the most nostalgic winning programs in Ohio and have the coach with the most wins in Ohio. Reno is unlike any coach in this state, possibly in all of high school football, as he substitutes numerous...
  5. B

Region 15: #1 Steubenville vs #2 Thornville Sheridan

Really we've had an uncharacteristic streak for this program since mid-year with consecutive games of notably getting better, with apparent increasing discipline, execution focus, and few penalties. Back to the BigRed we know against Indian Valley.......so we need to ask our preference, win...
  6. B

Lack of crowd cause of Ticket Price?

Been enough decisive replies to concede it is NOT ticket prices. It is hard to argue with most other reasons given why attendance is down. What I can confidently share is this Ohio trend is not replicating (to the same degree) in Texas and Georgia. Texas high school attendance seemed quite good...
  7. B

#1 Steubenville vs. #13 Indian Valley

Any coach enshrined into the National High School Football Hall of Fame should be afforded an influential input on playoff site.
  8. B

Canfield at Ursuline

How did LeBron James afford SVSM? Single mom who was a street walker?
  9. B

Big Red vs. Licking Valley

Indeed, well said......and begets increasing envious hater excuses. Match-up of these coaches' wins should be getting more attention. Safe travels Panther fans, the atmosphere will be memorable.
  10. B

Canton McKinley football program

I‘ll offer that I sincerely respect both the McKinley and Massillon programs. I admire and at times envy the pre-game atmosphere at Massillon. I have been many times and I feel the PBTS atmosphere is the only one in the state that rivals and exceeds that of Steubenville’s Harding Stadium...
  11. B

What Would Be An Appropriate Ticket Price for an OHHSFB Playoff Game?

This is one of the better threads on Yappi as well as nauseating, hypocritical, and embarrassing. A lot of varying thoughts and true reasoning being reported regarding supposed observed drops in attendance at Ohio high school football games. Enough have said that ticket/admission price is not...
  12. B

What Would Be An Appropriate Ticket Price for an OHHSFB Playoff Game?

If high school football passion is there like Georgia and Texas, the game fee is not consequential to attendance. Season tickets to many Class 6A schools in Texas is near $200.00, Katy for example is $180.00 (includes parking). I paid $23.00 for a 2021 state semi-final game in...
  13. B

Best team likely not going to make the playoffs?

That’s how Texas does it. More regions with fewer in the region. Most regions have 8 to 10 teams each region, top 4 make playoffs every region. Play every team in region each year.
  14. B

The Most Overrated Team In Ohio is… (Based on AP Rankings)

Yeah. While this is indeed a forum for people to post meaningless and uneducated opinions because politics somehow don't gratiate their opinions fully enough.........asking for overrated opinions of high school athletes, even if the AP poll is trash, shouldn't be condoned.
  15. B

#15, 2-6, "Control Own Destiny"...THE PLAYOFFS KINDA SUCK.

I really don't get all the "ideas" and opinions here. Ohioans (I assume majority here) are ignorant, naive or both if they think OHSAA takes Yappi into account to make executive or financial decisions. First post asked what are we doing about it. You all know the answer, realizing yes that...
  16. B

Recommendations and Suggestions for Making Friday Nights Better at the Stadium

In Texas, I have been to two high school stadiums where you can order food from your seat and then they deliver the food to your seat, including Chick-Fil-A. These were reserved seats for season ticket holders but successful and effective. Also been to several stadiums in other states where...
  17. B

The Current Most Underranked Team In Ohio is…

Wow, are you allowed to write that in the forums? Back on topic, I'm going with Trotwood Madison, Bishop Hartley and Dalton as underatees.
  18. B

Mahoning County with 13 playoff schools... Is there a county with more?

This is silly and naively prideful at best. Not even going to bother with the math, you've already heard several, could add Franklin, Delaware, Fairfield Hamilton, Butler, list will likely go much further on....... This thread should be about the embarrassment of the five Mahoning schools that...
  19. B

Steubenville vs. Cardinal Mooney

Hatred typically bears no intelligence. RRR!
  20. B

Steubenville vs. Cardinal Mooney

I hope so. If they prepare like they did for Linsly, Mooney gets a confidence boost for Ursuline. I for one like the alternative venue and game time, should be a unique atmosphere.