Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Sheridan by 1-8

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Sheridan by 9-16

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Sheridan by 17+

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

19 years ago today this game was played at Crater Stadium in Dover, Ohio.

The Non-fumble call at the 59:40 mark still bothers me today!

Last edited:
Sheridan was the 1 seed in D3 R11 last year. Hardly a drop off.

You guys should watch film…. 85% of teams in Ohio stink in all regions.
Something like this, Sheridan 2023 could most likely beat 90% of Division 3 schools, that leaves say 11 or 12, which Div. 3 afforded their only loss.

By my count, Sheridan's point differential this year through 13 games is 459-149.....that is staggering.

Saying Thornville Sheridan is a drop off is merely a comical, forum fueled gibe likely teemed in bitterness. Notwithstanding, I concede Div. 4 champ already decided.

I didn’t say I agree with the thought of the “big drop-off”……I just think that’s what many believe. I would guess that a lot of people think that Hartley must have been overrated since they lost to sheridan. Not many think that Sheridan is better than they thought because they beat Hartley.

I guess it’s time to hand that trophy over to Glenville. Might as well just cancel the rest of the D4 playoffs right? Maybe you’re right….. maybe you’re not.
The Steubenville Stem Academy will be opening in September. Some talk being thrown around amongst folks that maybe they’ll just call the new building The SHS STEM Academy and manipulating male enrollment in order to select their division. 😉. I say why not, it’s been done before and is within the rules right?

The Steubenville Stem Academy will be opening in September. Some talk being thrown around amongst folks that maybe they’ll just call the new building The SHS STEM Academy and manipulating male enrollment in order to select their division. 😉. I say why not, it’s been done before and is within the rules right?
Man and you think we have haters now!!!...."Wait till they get a load of our STEM Academy"

I'm a Sheridan grad (01') and you won't find a classier guy than Coach Culver. Sheridan has surprised this year, not that they aren't always a top of the line program, but they graduated 20 seniors last fall and seem to have had very little if any drop off. Steubenville is the favorite but Sheridan will come to play and be prepared. The "earn those S's comment stems from Coach S telling the original coach Culver after the 94' game those were earned. It was motivation for the 04' Sheridan win and I know they have great respect for Big Red and Reno.

I'm a Sheridan grad (01') and you won't find a classier guy than Coach Culver. Sheridan has surprised this year, not that they aren't always a top of the line program, but they graduated 20 seniors last fall and seem to have had very little if any drop off. Steubenville is the favorite but Sheridan will come to play and be prepared. The "earn those S's comment stems from Coach S telling the original coach Culver after the 94' game those were earned. It was motivation for the 04' Sheridan win and I know they have great respect for Big Red and Reno.
I met young Coach Culver and spent time with him a few years in a row with him during championship weekend back in the early 2000’s. He was a very impressive and an all class young man. All of us enjoyed his company. It was obvious that whatever he chose to do in life he would be successful. And any knowledgeable fan knows Sheridan will come to play and give us everything they’ve got. I watched a couple of their games and they do the two most important things in the game of football…. They block and tackle and look like they focus on fundamentals. We have to play our best game yet. Roll Red Roll.

After watching the Sheridan v. Hartley game (
) I feel better about thinking Big Red should win this game. I think the keys to the game for Big Red will be...(& I know these could be applied to any game..:rolleyes:.)
1. Eliminating stupid penalties!
2. Win the Turnover battle.

Those two alone severely handicapped Hartley in that game. Those along with some key dropped passes, missed blocks (or not following blockers) were the main reasons Hartley lost the game. Now were some of those due to the play of Sheridan, yes but for the most part, they were self-inflicted.
This will be a really good game and pretty close, but one in which I can see Big Red getting both a lot of passing as well as rushing yards. We will see!

It will come to down to which team wants it more.
At this point in the season both teams are dinged up, tired, coached up, know their strengths and their weaknesses.
Execution, Focus, Discipline and Enthusiasm in blocking and tackling.
Win and move on lose and it’s basketball season.
A rainy night could cause for drops and fumbles.

Watch the Hartley v Sheridan game. Couple things that jumped out.
1. Sheridan had 8 in the box all game and and Hartley feature RB (#12) still gashed them even when it was a obvious run play.
I don't see them stopping the big red running game, plus 8 in the box, plays into the pop pass big red does so well. Adv: BR

2. Sheridan is a very emotional team, so personal fouls penalties will be plentiful.
Adv: Sheridan

3. Rain. Adv: Sheridan since BR is more prone to pass.

4. Kicking game. Sheridan kicks were line drives with the opponent starting at the 35 yard line plus. Big reds kicking game is a weapon. Adv: big red ( maybe the key to the game)

Ultimately, I don't see it. Big Red for the "W"

Yep, the analysis here seems reasonable. Big Red 42 sheridan 20? I like this sheridan team, they seem to find a way. But the bubble may burst this week.

This is the weakest of the D4 regions. Don’t think the champ is coming from this region.
🤣🤣🤣🤣Go ask Ursuline how weak this region is, they barely escaped against Big Red, and Sheridan is no slouch, I’ve been watching their games they can score quickly and tough defense. I predict winner of this game will be in the state finals. ROLL RED ROLL!!!!