Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Alter by 1-8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Alter by 9-16

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Alter by 17+

Votes: 28 26.4%

• Total voters
stevie davis was clutch but...who care's now?Damb,give it a rest with the Big Red shoulda blown em out every team that plays em close.
Didn’t say that and I’m not one to lessen the opponents value. Obviously Alter had a great team. Hell, their RB started at Michigan. I mentioned that they made a great comeback and was simply responding to another who said Alter “gagged” the Extra point. The fact is The Big Red was mauling them for 3 quarters and they made an amazing comeback and could have won. To me, the only score that counts is the one when the clock shows 0:00. Margin of victory is truly meaningless.

Ask dumb questions, get arsehole answers
So it was a dumb question to ask in response to you saying The Big Red is in big trouble (to paraphrase). I simply asked what do you base that on. And you respond with an asinine picture. So who’s the real arse?

Probably does hurt Steubenville more as Alter has been a run happy team since its birth. But we will have to wait and see. better bundle up. Any snow? that would be fun.
True of Domsitz approach. Not true of " birth. " 1st teams ran a pro set T. In order QBs went to: Xavier, Navy, EKU, Middle Tenn, UD and Indiana. All but 1 could throw and the offense and playbook were balance oriented. A different point. Wyoming couldn't establish the run and were behind from jump. Cowboys passed 45x, Alter had 50 runs. If pressed Alter will put it in the air maybe double digits and hit @ 50% on avg. 1400 yds on the year. QB can wing it a decent 30 yards and and recevers run good routes, couple catch well in traffic. Season 0 ratio is nearly 2x1 run 2900/1400. TOs, ball security bit them in the losses as it does everyone in losses. At their weight in DIV pretty tough out bc players understand and execute as coached unless playing from behind. Again, pretty common when playing catch up. Should be a tight game and go full 48.

So it was a dumb question to ask in response to you saying The Big Red is in big trouble (to paraphrase). I simply asked what do you base that on. And you respond with an asinine picture. So who’s the real arse?

Misunderstanding... I was responding to the asinine prediction and then your question about it by suggesting he pulled it out of his arse.

True of Domsitz approach. Not true of " birth. " 1st teams ran a pro set T. In order QBs went to: Xavier, Navy, EKU, Middle Tenn, UD and Indiana. All but 1 could throw and the offense and playbook were balance oriented. A different point. Wyoming couldn't establish the run and were behind from jump. Cowboys passed 45x, Alter had 50 runs. If pressed Alter will put it in the air maybe double digits and hit @ 50% on avg. 1400 yds on the year. QB can wing it a decent 30 yards and and recevers run good routes, couple catch well in traffic. Season 0 ratio is nearly 2x1 run 2900/1400. TOs, ball security bit them in the losses as it does everyone in losses. At their weight in DIV pretty tough out bc players understand and execute as coached unless playing from behind. Again, pretty common when playing catch up. Should be a tight game and go full 48.
2675 Rushing 2445 passing thru 14 games for BR.

Didn’t say that and I’m not one to lessen the opponents value. Obviously Alter had a great team. Hell, their RB started at Michigan. I mentioned that they made a great comeback and was simply responding to another who said Alter “gagged” the Extra point. The fact is The Big Red was mauling them for 3 quarters and they made an amazing comeback and could have won. To me, the only score that counts is the one when the clock shows 0:00. Margin of victory is truly meaningless.
3 qtrs is a stretch. OHSAA stats belie that. Tale of 2 halves according to game log..Alter had pretty deep roster of kids, particularly the underclassmen. Next 3 teams were pretty stout..An OT shootout vs chamion Coldwater in regional final and then back to back titles. Again, Colllaros was the difference maker going 2 ways. Played a good safety.

3 qtrs is a stretch. OHSAA stats belie that. Tale of 2 halves according to game log..Alter had pretty deep roster of kids, particularly the underclassmen. Next 3 teams were pretty stout..An OT shootout vs chamion Coldwater in regional final and then back to back titles. Again, Colllaros was the difference maker going 2 ways. Played a good safety.
I’ll give you that. It was a tale of 2 halves. But it’s like a Nassau golf match. Front, back and total. SHS won the front, Alter won the back and SHS won the total.

Misunderstanding... I was responding to the asinine prediction and then your question about it by suggesting he pulled it out of his arse.
My prediction is a very close game that could go either way. Sounds like both teams are penalty prone. It will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. Drive ending penalties will have an affect in this game. Roll Red Roll.

From watching both teams. I’ve streamed 12 SHS games and watched several of Alters games on video the last couple days (retired 😂). Yes I’m a fan of The Big Red but I can be objective in evaluating them and their opponents. And I think this is a talented Big Red team. Notice I didn’t 33say a better team than Alter. Talent alone doesn’t win games. Over the years Big Red has won more often than not against teams with more talent.
I think both teams agree. 33 dollars for 2 tix is embarassing. I hope a massive collective group of Ohio schools burns the OHSAA to the ground and starts over.
While I truly concur with and support your proganstic vision for OHSAA, wining about $16.50 for an athletic ticket is embarrassing to the state‘s residents. You’ll spend that much easily on two mixed drinks or two Starbucks‘ delicacies every day/night and not whine or blink an eye………..why? The ticket price is not a problem, it’s indeed OHSAA.

Two years ago, I paid $22.00 for a Class 6A state semi-final game in Texas at the Alamodome. Price was what it was, didn’t bother me in the slightest. HOWEVER, the difference was that the money (cash, YES) was collected at the school in the lobby that went to the program/school system, not the UIL.

While I truly concur with and support your proganstic vision for OHSAA, wining about $16.50 for an athletic ticket is embarrassing to the state‘s residents. You’ll spend that much easily on two mixed drinks or two Starbucks‘ delicacies every day/night and not whine or blink an eye………..why? The ticket price is not a problem, it’s indeed OHSAA.

Two years ago, I paid $22.00 for a Class 6A state semi-final game in Texas at the Alamodome. Price was what it was, didn’t bother me in the slightest. HOWEVER, the difference was that the money (cash, YES) was collected at the school in the lobby that went to the program/school system, not the UIL.
I have a choice in drinks etc. I do not have a choice when watching my kids play HS sports.

History is never retired. I see you discussing the storied past of The Big Red quite frequently. And our past is what motivates every Big Red team that takes the field. ROLL RED ROLL.
It absolutely has its place. Was more wanting to hear the nuts and bolts of both 2023 teams.

stevie davis was clutch but...who care's now?Damb,give it a rest with the Big Red shoulda blown em out every team that plays em close.
Many care as you are speaking of a generational talent; regardless of geography, he‘s likely one in 700,000.

Steve Davis cannot be forgotten and should not. Mentioning his name does not take an iota of due attention from anyone playing in the Ohio state semi-finals.

Defense being…….in my estimated 42 years of watching and comprehending the sport, Steve Davis is the best pound for pound football player I have ever seen in high school, college, or pros. He played four ways and never came off the field, can’t say that much.

In unbiased fairness, maybe only close one pound wise could be Darren Sproles.

I don’t think I was whining, more than pointing out the fact that some folks cannot afford that especially when taking an entire family. You’re talking to a guy that buys cross country flights to go see a high school football game. Can’t make fridays game but I’ll be there should we pull off the win. And I think we agree that $16 is not so bad if they shared it with the participating schools. And it’s funny you mention Starbucks. Wife and I just had two frappacuino’s, a blueberry muffin and breakfast sandwich at a total cost of $26.21. And that is a DAILY exercise. It may sound nuts to some folks but what is life without doing what makes you happy. 😊

It absolutely has its place. Was more wanting to hear the nuts and bolts of both 2023 teams.
I hear ya. But ya know once the past is brought up on these forums it becomes a discussion. Most folks on these forums, me included are “last word” type of folks. I’ve said it before, it’s a character flaw for me that is a constant work in progress to fix. Biting my tongue hurts too much for me. 😂

Yes, 2006 was BR 34, Alter 33. I'd rather talk about 2008. Alter 21, BR 6. And it wasn't that close. I like the trend.

How I see it.
1. Alter seems to be young at the skilled position, BR is senior lead at QB, RB, WR...
Alter is a year away. Adv: BR.
2. Trotwood seemed to have Big Red like speed and they did well against Alter
3. Get Alter in predictable passing adv. BR, if not Alter is more than capable of passing effectively.
4. BR needs to practice without a ball all week. Play assignment football.
5. Kicking game is a wash, but slight adv to alter bc of field goals attempted.
6. Whom ever controls the line wins the game.

That said , line play and a SR. lead team at the skill positions puts the RED into the finals. RED by 10.

Dean Martin:

I thought it was "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime". You seem to love Big Red all the time. And "That's Amore".

Roll Red Roll!!! Beat Alter!!!

I don’t think that sounds crazy at all. I feel like we beat a very good team in Sheridan. The Big Red needs to get their focus back. It’s kind of drifted the last 2
How I see it.
1. Alter seems to be young at the skilled position, BR is senior lead at QB, RB, WR...
3. Get Alter in predictable passing adv. BR, if not Alter is more than capable of passing effectively.

That said , line play and a SR. lead team at the skill positions puts the RED into the finals. RED by 10.
That Trotwood speed was losing to Alter 17-7 at halftime . Multiple fumbles in the 2nd half obviously changed the game. BR’s “speed” won’t be anything special they haven’t seen this year IMO.

Alter hasn’t lost a game to a DIV team this year and in their losses they haven’t been beat by double digits yet so I’ll take the points if you want to make a friendly wager …..

How I see it.

Alter was leading Trotwood at the half. By 10 if I’m not mistaken.

VanillaGorilla is creating posts with the appearance that others are making them.
1700675949390.png
That is not a post I wrote.