Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Alter by 1-8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Alter by 9-16

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Alter by 17+

Votes: 28 26.4%

• Total voters
Alter radio stated Friday that they will have all their backfield returning next season. Current QB is a Junior backs are 2 Sophomores and a Freshman. I picked Alter to win R16 before the playoffs started. Basically was a hunch but I noticed they were getting better as the season wore on. I’ve heard some Alter fans say this team is a year ahead of schedule.
GCL Coed will be interesting next year. Badin is losing 19 Senior starters, McNick has a lot returning and a rising Freshmen class with some really good talent that went 10-0 and were never really challenged. CJ always has good athleticism. Fenwick is a mystery and Carroll an enigma. Alter will be the favorite but it won’t be easy.

It's not always true that the past is a certain predictor, yet sometimes pattterns are hard to ignore. These two schools head into the semis history laden. If math is correct between them Steubenville and Alter have made the final four 33 times in the playoff era ( S 20/ A13). Will it make for a great game? Certainly the vet coaches have earned their spurs and are up to the moment. It would be fun to do a look see in how they plan throughout the week- good vignette at minimum.

It's not always true that the past is a certain predictor, yet sometimes pattterns are hard to ignore. These two schools head into the semis history laden. If math is correct between them Steubenville and Alter have made the final four 33 times in the playoff era ( S 20/ A13). Will it make for a great game? Certainly the vet coaches have earned their spurs and are up to the moment. It would be fun to do a look see in how they plan throughout the week- good vignette at minimum.
Two highly successful coaches going at it. Of course I’m biased but I’ll take Reno. ROLL RED ROLL

Alter radio stated Friday that they will have all their backfield returning next season. Current QB is a Junior backs are 2 Sophomores and a Freshman. I picked Alter to win R16 before the playoffs started. Basically was a hunch but I noticed they were getting better as the season wore on. I’ve heard some Alter fans say this team is a year ahead of schedule.
GCL Coed will be interesting next year. Badin is losing 19 Senior starters, McNick has a lot returning and a rising Freshmen class with some really good talent that went 10-0 and were never really challenged. CJ always has good athleticism. Fenwick is a mystery and Carroll an enigma. Alter will be the favorite but it won’t be easy.
Yes should be another fun year. I think Mc Nick will be powerhouse next year. love the QB and they way they hit on defense. Badin is going to have to reload, but the program is very healthy so I expect they will. CJ will be stronger, Fenwick who knows who cares. Carroll wish that they could start building a program. It is a mystery to me as to why they can't build a winner at least every now and then. Even Fenwick comes up a winner a few times.

Yes should be another fun year. I think Mc Nick will be powerhouse next year. love the QB and they way they hit on defense. Badin is going to have to reload, but the program is very healthy so I expect they will. CJ will be stronger, Fenwick who knows who cares. Carroll wish that they could start building a program. It is a mystery to me as to why they can't build a winner at least every now and then. Even Fenwick comes up a winner a few times.
I think McNicholas opens the 2024 season at Steubenville. Their coach, Mike Orlando is a Steubenville native and a graduate of Steubenville Catholic Central

I think McNicholas opens the 2024 season at Steubenville. Their coach, Mike Orlando is a Steubenville native and a graduate of Steubenville Catholic Central
Yes looking forward to attending that game…only 40 minutes from my W. Pa hometown. Orlando likes to schedule up outside the league. Unfortunately that usually puts the Rockets outside the Region top 4 come playoff time .

I really do. But Big Red has a big problem coming Friday night, and Big Rec knows it…..
For once I think The Big Red has more talent, size and speed. Alter also seems like they play an awful lot of younger kids. BUT, when they are executing that option and get methodical they look hard to stop. I think it will be a very tough game to win. If we can just eliminate the drive killing penalties we are difficult to stop. If is the operative word. At this point there are no pretenders or “lucky” teams.

McNick visits Steubenville next year.

Yes looking forward to attending that game…only 40 minutes from my W. Pa hometown. Orlando likes to schedule up outside the league. Unfortunately that usually puts the Rockets outside the Region top 4 come playoff time .
Saw that you guys also renewed with Wheelersburg for 2 more years glad to see that

For once I think The Big Red has more talent, size and speed. Alter also seems like they play an awful lot of younger kids. BUT, when they are executing that option and get methodical they look hard to stop. I think it will be a very tough game to win. If we can just eliminate the drive killing penalties we are difficult to stop. If is the operative word. At this point there are no pretenders or “luckywhat makes you so certain that Red has more talent and speed ? Just curious if there an actual reason or this is just a fans bias?

wh
For once I think The Big Red has more talent, size and speed. Alter also seems like they play an awful lot of younger kids. BUT, when they are executing that option and get methodical they look hard to stop. I think it will be a very tough game to win. If we can just eliminate the drive killing penalties we are difficult to stop. If is the operative word. At this point there are no pretenders or “lucky” teams
What makes you believe Red has more talent and speed than Alter ? I’m just curious if this is just a fans bias or you have specific reasoning for that statement ?

Alter is strong up the middle both sides. QB really runs the offense well. 7/24 when they run they use angles well. 57 is a stud at center 71 has good size. 34 and I think 99 bust on D every play chasing everything. Those were the players that stood out in the handful of regular season games. Also watched the Wyoming game.

Alter is strong up the middle both sides. QB really runs the offense well. 7/24 when they run they use angles well. 57 is a stud at center 71 has good size. 34 and I think 99 bust on D every play chasing everything. Those were the players that stood out in the handful of regular season games. Also watched the Wyoming game.
It all comes down to the average players/roll players in a game like this. Each team has their studs but are the players in the middle better. I like our chances.

wh

What makes you believe Red has more talent and speed than Alter ? I’m just curious if this is just a fans bias or you have specific reasoning for that statement ?
From watching both teams. I’ve streamed 12 SHS games and watched several of Alters games on video the last couple days (retired 😂). Yes I’m a fan of The Big Red but I can be objective in evaluating them and their opponents. And I think this is a talented Big Red team. Notice I didn’t say a better team than Alter. Talent alone doesn’t win games. Over the years Big Red has won more often than not against teams with more talent.

Saw that you guys also renewed with Wheelersburg for 2 more years glad to see that
Curious where did you see this? My son is a Freshmen coach and he had not heard this. I’m glad it’s happening, good competition, I just wish McNick would schedule a non league cupcake once in a while… Steubenville, Wheelersburg, Hartley, Ky State champs Beechwood. Yikes. Then Alter, CJ, Badin, Fenwick.

Curious where did you see this? My son is a Freshmen coach and he had not heard this. I’m glad it’s happening, good competition, I just wish McNick would schedule a non league cupcake once in a while… Steubenville, Wheelersburg, Hartley, Ky State champs Beechwood. Yikes. Then Alter, CJ, Badin, Fenwick.
Some Wheelersburg posters on our site SEOPreps posted and said it was renewed for 2 more seasons so it could be heresay

What are u basing that on?

Here....

booty GIF

Last edited: