#1 Steubenville vs. #13 Indian Valley

Thanks !! I picked it myself. I was just curious. Didn’t Reno get last years sight changed? Does the OHSAA check with him first now?
Any coach enshrined into the National High School Football Hall of Fame should be afforded an influential input on playoff site.

I honestly think IV can hang around until late in this one if they can eliminate the big red offensive plays.. If they start giving up bombs on the Big Red offense it will be over quick.

As a Dover fan and having played both teams, I’d be shocked if BR doesn’t win by 3 or 4 TD’s and, possibly, a running clock. IV is undersized and they have a few good athletes, but they haven’t played anyone close to BR’s talent.

Good luck to IV and I’ll be pulling for them and all the local teams left in the playoffs.

I honestly think IV can hang around until late in this one if they can eliminate the big red offensive plays.. If they start giving up bombs on the Big Red offense it will be over quick.
All due respect to IV, that will be an extremely tall task. Big Red's offense seems to be peaking right now. Last week they had 250 rushing and 260 passing against Licking Valley.

Big Reds offense is definitely firing on all cylinders right now. They always kick it up a notch come playoff time, and that includes the play calling. They want you to double Hill so they have the numbers then.

As a Dover fan and having played both teams, I’d be shocked if BR doesn’t win by 3 or 4 TD’s and, possibly, a running clock. IV is undersized and they have a few good athletes, but they haven’t played anyone close to BR’s talent.

Good luck to IV and I’ll be pulling for them and all the local teams left in the playoffs.
100%......IV is a great running team but BR is tougher than anyone in the trenches. Who is going to cover Hill on the outside is also a question..... Thomas is a great athlete but him on Hill is a huge mismatch.

The Big Red fan base is shrinking as the age of the citizens gets older.Younger people have more things that interest them than high school football. The crowds in the last two weeks were sad, so many pockets of empty seats on the home side. Hopefully as the team proceeds through the playoffs , some of the fans will again show.
A lot of us older fans love the best seat in the house. Live streaming of the games , sitting in front of the big screen TV vs sitting in the cold is a no brainer, lol

What facets of IV’s game will they exploit Big Red with??
If Big Red can't get to the QB fast enough, I can see them hitting a few of those slants or cross patterns for a lot of yards or even TDs. They do a good job of clearing out the middle of the field to open those plays up. Outside of that I don't see them getting much on the ground.

If Big Red can't get to the QB fast enough, I can see them hitting a few of those slants or cross patterns for a lot of yards or even TDs. They do a good job of clearing out the middle of the field to open those plays up. Outside of that I don't see them getting much on the ground.
Number 22 for IV is a hard runner and will not go down with hand tackling. Also, #7 is an all around athlete both on offense and defense. I belief he set a record for interceptions with around 16 for his
career.

Number 22 for IV is a hard runner and will not go down with hand tackling. Also, #7 is an all around athlete both on offense and defense. I belief he set a record for interceptions with around 16 for his
career.
I agree, but I feel in order for #22 to be affective they’ll have to get him the ball in space; I don’t believe he’ll be very effective with attacking the middle of the defense. #7 is a ballhawk and he’ll probably be given the task of guarding Hill, but he’ll have to play up closer than they typically do, and if he does and doesn’t have help, will he be able to keep up with Hill?

I’ve watched three games. In each game, I’ve seen chop blocks by their Dline. 54 just dives at the knees/feet and the other lineman hits the oline at the waist. Haven’t seen it called yet. West Branch got Nate Burress in the same way In 91’. It was a cheap shot vs West Branch no question.

I’ve watched three games. In each game, I’ve seen chop blocks by their Dline. 54 just dives at the knees/feet and the other lineman hits the oline at the waist. Haven’t seen it called yet. West Branch got Nate Burress in the same way In 91’. It was a cheap shot vs West Branch no question.
Still salty against the West Branch progam?lol

This game should be at Dover again but less stadiums want to host anymore so Crater is stuck with a bigger division game because OHSAA milks every sheckel.

Reno got eastern district co-coach of the year with Coach Ifft today.

IV better not do that thing where they play the second half like they’re trying to lose by 10. A sense of urgency is worth 1-3 more possessions.

This game should be at Dover again but less stadiums want to host anymore so Crater is stuck with a bigger division game because OHSAA milks every sheckel.

Reno got eastern district co-coach of the year with Coach Ifft today.

IV better not do that thing where they play the second half like they’re trying to lose by 10. A sense of urgency is worth 1-3 more possessions.
Reno shared district coach of the year with Gardner from West Holmes... Still can't figure out how WH is in the same district as Steubenville, IV and those guys but in a completely different regional..

Reno shared district coach of the year with Gardner from West Holmes... Still can't figure out how WH is in the same district as Steubenville, IV and those guys but in a completely different regional..
My bad Coach Ifft sharing with Tri Valley. I think they have to rob Peter to pay Paul geographically to get even # of teams in regions, that has increased ever since they shrunk D1 and it seems they're having to take from NE and SW geographically to fill out the NW regions.

Who’s playing at crater friday
1699475914179.png