Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me pick them off as you just did....2000...weak Ellet, very weak Firestone....2001...very weak Firestone....2002...Chaney and a very weak Zanesville....2003 finally a strong oc..Boardman was a weak Boardman that year....2004..Copley, Wooster, Timken..nuff said...2005 Copley, Wilson, Timken double nuff said....2006...Rayen...2007...just strong...2008 Ontario...2009....East Tech.....2010 thru 2012..strong schedule but scheduling was hampered by the last game open date...Jeff did not want to play Mooney or Watterson those years...one mistake made was re-upping Fitch...he thought Fitch was going to be weak...2014...strong schedule....2015 Garfield weak...East getting stronger..started making the playoffs instead of Ellet...2016 Gardield and Mt vernon..2017...Northwest...the other three made the playoffs....2018...as stated Columbus West...2019...Asland was down..Brush fell off the map in one year. Your statement about Louisville in the early to mid 2000's is correct..but that is only two scheduled out of conference games...so as I see it...the out of conference scheduling is the same.

Now lets talk QB's..2001 and 2002 David Miller, 2003 and 2004 John Rutan, 2006 and 2007 T.J. Viscuso, 2008 and 2009 Ryan Christiansen. 2010 Jon Spohn, 2011 Josh Peach...2014 Adam Dadich, 2016 Owen Goodheart, last two years Jacob Eckles..who is the best QB's of that group
Ok....so we'll go with "it's the quarterback's fault". Got it. LOL!

Went over to Perry’s first practice this morning, post Wakefield and under new Head Coach Slates.
Very well run and efficient. Saw some offense and a big emphasis on special teams. Panthers have a very good punter and place kicker. Counted 54 players. Looking forward to the scrimmage with SVSM Saturday morning.

Went over to Perry’s first practice this morning, post Wakefield and under new Head Coach Slates.
Very well run and efficient. Saw some offense and a big emphasis on special teams. Panthers have a very good punter and place kicker. Counted 54 players. Looking forward to the scrimmage with SVSM Saturday morning.
Hope Slates has success following Wakefield. Hope he keeps a similar offense too!

Two a day began, and the first game is in 3 weeks. It should be interesting to see how Hoover comes out this year. Hoover has key positions to fill, and the OC has left, but I was not impressed by his decision-making while he was at Hoover. Please post your thoughts on your team or the Federal League in general. We have three weeks left before the season begins.

Who are the key players returning?

Who are the young players who will take a leading role in 2021?

What is your prediction of wins and losses?

Let me pick them off as you just did....2000...weak Ellet, very weak Firestone....2001...very weak Firestone....2002...Chaney and a very weak Zanesville....2003 finally a strong oc..Boardman was a weak Boardman that year....2004..Copley, Wooster, Timken..nuff said...2005 Copley, Wilson, Timken double nuff said....2006...Rayen...2007...just strong...2008 Ontario...2009....East Tech.....2010 thru 2012..strong schedule but scheduling was hampered by the last game open date...Jeff did not want to play Mooney or Watterson those years...one mistake made was re-upping Fitch...he thought Fitch was going to be weak...2014...strong schedule....2015 Garfield weak...East getting stronger..started making the playoffs instead of Ellet...2016 Gardield and Mt vernon..2017...Northwest...the other three made the playoffs....2018...as stated Columbus West...2019...Asland was down..Brush fell off the map in one year. Your statement about Louisville in the early to mid 2000's is correct..but that is only two scheduled out of conference games...so as I see it...the out of conference scheduling is the same.

Now lets talk QB's..2001 and 2002 David Miller, 2003 and 2004 John Rutan, 2006 and 2007 T.J. Viscuso, 2008 and 2009 Ryan Christiansen. 2010 Jon Spohn, 2011 Josh Peach...2014 Adam Dadich, 2016 Owen Goodheart, last two years Jacob Eckles..who is the best QB's of that group
I think you and I will have to agree to disagree on the out of conference scheduling! Lol. But to answer your question about the quarterbacks I’d say Rutan, Viscuso and maybe Dadich if he had somewhat of a line and a WR over 5’10 during his tenure he may have been one of the best. The line was terribly small his junior and especially senior year. If you put any of those three quarterbacks on that 2010 team... watch out.

Ok....so we'll go with "it's the quarterback's fault". Got it. LOL!
I think you and I will have to agree to disagree on the out of conference scheduling! Lol. But to answer your question about the quarterbacks I’d say Rutan, Viscuso and maybe Dadich if he had somewhat of a line and a WR over 5’10 during his tenure he may have been one of the best. The line was terribly small his junior and especially senior year. If you put any of those three quarterbacks on that 2010 team... watch out.
Its nice to see somebody who points out what the QB needs to have a chance to be successful if he has the skills. I will point out the coaching of a kid that had the talent and had never been there....Spohn goes to GlenOak...now need a QB...Lake moved Josh Peach to QB...was the leading returning receiver. He had never been a QB in his high school career to that point. The coaching and the ability of Peach was fun to watch that he threw for 1273 yards that year....so yes it is the quarterback who throws the ball....whats that saying..Jimmie and Joes
Another way to look at jimmie and joes...the year Adam Leonti was the QB...great kid, worked his butt off during practice and after with the coaches, played tough, played hard....but he was the best available to be QB

Last edited:
Dadich threw 14 picks and 8TDs based on lakes stat page on their website. idk bout that one. Rutan was an absolute beast

Two a day began, and the first game is in 3 weeks. It should be interesting to see how Hoover comes out this year. Hoover has key positions to fill, and the OC has left, but I was not impressed by his decision-making while he was at Hoover. Please post your thoughts on your team or the Federal League in general. We have three weeks left before the season begins.

Who are the key players returning?

Who are the young players who will take a leading role in 2021?

What is your prediction of wins and losses?
Green Bulldogs

key players returning- WR/DB Trey Martin, QB Trevor VanHorn, WR/DB Quinn Simmer, OL/DL CJ Dawson, DL Blake Schaffer, LB Jacob Reed, LB Jack Schall

young players to watch- WR/DB Alex Neff, WR/DB Clay Guello

W-L Prediction- 7-3 or 6-4. I'll give a more detailed prediction after the scrimmages

Green Bulldogs

key players returning- WR/DB Trey Martin, QB Trevor VanHorn, WR/DB Quinn Simmer, OL/DL CJ Dawson, DL Blake Schaffer, LB Jacob Reed, LB Jack Schall

young players to watch- WR/DB Alex Neff, WR/DB Clay Guello

W-L Prediction- 7-3 or 6-4. I'll give a more detailed prediction after the scrimmages

Borofan’s thread on the wrestling forum has Blake Schaffer going to Louisville.

not expecting much from the Blue Streaks this year.

Lake of the 90s and early 2000s really doesn't exist anymore. Good luck to all the kids in the Federal League this year!
well with that kind of attitude....

I agree with everything you say except No. 4....since 2000 Lake is 114 wins 110 losses...Jeff Durbin was 72 and 70....go back to No. 2 ..league play has changed...McKinley/Fitch/Boardman as compared to Timken/Wooster/New Philly...looking at No. 3...current boys numbers 471...boys numbers 1991 was 519...at that time Lake was 10 boys under D 1. The 90's had some amazing talented kids...Christpher, Dues, Howerbush, The Kurtz bothers, Braccio, Burghardt...I can throw out more names...lets look at the style of football...lineup in i formation, big line, and a tight end that could block the 5 technique....now you have to play in space, spread the defense, and score at quick pace...look at Bama now...they will just outscore you. Lake has never been a school with a great supply of speed.
i can see the i making a comeback with all these defenses going hybrid to stop the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.