Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I’m a Perry guy. The success they’ve had has obviously been the best stretch in school history. I like your sentiment and I agree with it; but it’s not what I’m getting at.

Projected returning starters for 2021 (Not including special teams)

Green Bulldogs- 14 total, 6 offense, 8 defense
Perry Panthers- 12, 6 offense, 6 defense
Hoover Vikings- 10, 4 offense, 6 defense
Jackson Polar Bears- 10, 5 offense, 5 defense
Lake Blue Streaks- 5, 1 offense, 4 defense

Can anyone familiar with the programs at McKinley, or GlenOak provide a number?

Last edited:
Projected returning starters for 2021 (Not including special teams)

Green Bulldogs- 14 total, 6 offense, 8 defense
Perry Panthers- 12, 6 offense, 6 defense
Hoover Vikings- 10, 4 offense, 6 defense
Lake Blue Streaks- 5, 1 offense, 4 defense

Can anyone familiar with the programs at Jackson, McKinley, or GlenOak provide a number?
Jackson Returns 10 total starters
5 Offense- QB, RB, 3 OL
5 Defense-3 LB, 2 DB

They will be lead by Senior QB Hunter Geissinger and Senior RB Brendan Craig. Definitely going to be a motivated team after losing to Lake, Perry, and Hoover all by the score of 13-14 last year.

Jackson Returns 10 total starters
5 Offense- QB, RB, 3 OL
5 Defense-3 LB, 2 DB

They will be lead by Senior QB Hunter Geissinger and Senior RB Brendan Craig. Definitely going to be a motivated team after losing to Lake, Perry, and Hoover all by the score of 13-14 last year.
The player who impressed me the most last year was senior John Kulich. That kid played with great heart.

I believe this will be the first football season since The Repository revamped their print deadline schedule. People aren't going to be very happy about having to wait until Sunday for printed information on Friday's games.

Does anyone know if FridayNightOhio.com will exist in some way or not?

I believe this will be the first football season since The Repository revamped their print deadline schedule. People aren't going to be very happy about having to wait until Sunday for printed information on Friday's games.

I am pretty sure that The Repository is not that concerned about having people wait.....this is not the Repository we all grew up with

Same thing with the Kent Ravenna Record courier and Akron Beacon Urnial, I mean Journal. These papers are all owned by the same company. No more Saturday sport scores or articles. Let's wait until Sunday!! What a joke!!

Reactions: y2h

The issue is: will the schools take control of their own online streaming revenue and cut the local media out ?

Tell the Repository to go pound sand: we don't need you.

As funny as it seems, there are still those last hold-outs that still wait for the printed rag to show up in their driveways or mailboxes. I shake my head walking down the street in the mornings walking my pup that I still see two or three Sunday papers sitting out there.

As funny as it seems, there are still those last hold-outs that still wait for the printed rag to show up in their driveways or mailboxes. I shake my head walking down the street in the mornings walking my pup that I still see two or three Sunday papers sitting out there.
Hey now...I do enjoy reading the paper and a good cup of coffee!

Funny story my 82 yo dad (and mom) visited us from a few hours away for the first time in awhile and was kind enough to bring me like a month's worth of Independents that I have to get rid of now. LOL. Oh well what are going to do I thanked him.

Funny story my 82 yo dad (and mom) visited us from a few hours away for the first time in awhile and was kind enough to bring me like a month's worth of Independents that I have to get rid of now. LOL. Oh well what are going to do I thanked him.
Lol...i had same thing happen with the Cleveland Plain Dealer....my dad dropped off a few....wasnt worth it, was about a quarter of the pages it used to be. Wasnt the same

buy a bird: the Independents are the perfect cage liner.

I have some older friends that live down the street from me. Every month I get a text saying their box of newspapers is ready for pick-up. I take them to the local vet as they use them to line cages.

Scrimmages

Friday August 6
10 AM- Wadsworth at Green. 6PM- Alliance at Jackson

Saturday August 7
9AM- Akron STVM at Perry. 10 AM- Hoover at Ashland, Dover at GlenOak, Lake at Marlington

Thursday August 12
1PM- GlenOak at Ursuline. 5PM- Euclid at Perry. 6PM Alliance at Hoover, Lake at STVM.

Friday August 13
6PM- St. Ignatius at McKinley, Walsh Jesuit at Jackson. 7PM- Green at New Philadelphia

not expecting much from the Blue Streaks this year.

Lake of the 90s and early 2000s really doesn't exist anymore. Good luck to all the kids in the Federal League this year!
I am curious why the Lake Football program has declined over the years? Is it because Durbin retired? The football tradition seems to be gone...

Friday Night Ohio format currently looks nothing like past formats. It sucks. My Friday Night Ohio.com bookmark brings up the Canton Suppository.com site now. I don't know if it will revert when the season starts. I'm inclined to think it won't. That's OK. WHBC has an awesome post game program giving scores and highlights of games all over Northeast Ohio. I never miss it. Screw the Suppository.

Last edited:
Same thing with the Kent Ravenna Record courier and Akron Beacon Urnial, I mean Journal. These papers are all owned by the same company. No more Saturday sport scores or articles. Let's wait until Sunday!! What a joke!!
Check out Cleveland.com. They will have all the scores statewide and some articles Stark County fans will be interested in. And the WHBC post game show covers games of interest in Northeast Ohio. Can't beat it. That should give fans enough of a fix to last until Sunday when the Suppository graces us with their stories. Almost forgot.....Yappi too for scores and fan updates on games.

Last edited:
Anyone know what happened to Friday night Ohio? The link doesn’t work anymore and doesn’t appear on Google...did the site disband after covid layoffs or something?
My bookmark to Friday Night Ohio now links me to The Suppository.com. Friday Night Ohio is probably a thing of the past. If so, that's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.