SW Ohio Early Front Runners

Cincy_Futbol

Thoughts on early front runners for each division? Small sample size, but something we can actually talk about and not speculate on! Here are my thoughts

D1
St. X seems to be at the top of the heap with two solid wins over East (3-0) and Anderson (6-2). Sycamore and Moeller battled to a 2-2 tie. Sycamore’s wins are over Kings and Little Miami so hard to say how good they truly are just yet. Moeller has only played one game. Mason still yet to play, it will be interesting to see how they do against Moeller. Dayton Carroll strong out of Dayton. Lakota East with ties to Loveland and Milford after their loss to St. X. Early top 5: St. X, Sycamore, Moeller, Mason, Dayton Carroll. Dark Horse: Milford/Lakota East

D2
Summit has had a rough schedule to start the season. Loveland, Elder, Wyoming. They lost a 2-0 lead over Loveland late to lose 2-3 then Elder scores very late in the game to tie 1-1. Then lost to Wyoming 0-2. They have the talent to bounce back. Wyoming beat Oak Hills 1-0 and Summit 2-0 to open the season. Monroe has started 3-0 with three convincing wins, one a 5-2 contest over Alter. Ross seems to have talent out of Dayton and McNick beat IH to open their season. My top 5: Monroe, Wyoming, Summit, McNick, Ross Dark Horses: Indian Hill, Oak Wood.

D3
CCD has had some early positive results along with Mariemont. They have a match up soon. Could decide who is the top team in Cincinnati. DC also a tough squad out of Dayton. Madeira has opened the season with a couple wins. Seven Hills has had a rough start. Top 3: Mariemont, CCD, DC Dark Horse: Seven Hills, Madeira

St X is my #1. Mason and Moeller will be next in line. Sycamore defensively has conceded alot! But they can score. I do like Milford!! They look very good.

D2: It is Wyoming's to lose.

D3: Havent seen any yet.

1. St. X - Solid at every position
2. Moeller - Until they lose, I think those transfers have brought some class (soccer) to what would have been a very average team
3. Sycamore - Agreed with cincysports4
4. Mason or Milford (Mason is an unknown, until they play, Milford has some solid talent in the Senior and Junior classes, but are not deep at all)

Beyond that its really a toss up. Lakota East lost a lot to graduation and transfers, Anderson is pretty solid despite the heavy loss to a loaded St. X and Loveland also has some talented kids in their squad.

D3: TC is a dark horse this year but an absolute thoroughbred the next two years. If you put DC up there TC is right there, as those games are coin flip.

They play Alter next few days. If that score is close look out.

Troy Christian beats Alter 1-0
Dayton Carroll beats Indian Hill 9-0
Mason beats Moeller 2-1
St. X beats St. John’s 4-0

1. St. X - Solid at every position
2. Moeller - Until they lose, I think those transfers have brought some class (soccer) to what would have been a very average team
3. Sycamore - Agreed with cincysports4
4. Mason or Milford (Mason is an unknown, until they play, Milford has some solid talent in the Senior and Junior classes, but are not deep at all)

Beyond that its really a toss up. Lakota East lost a lot to graduation and transfers, Anderson is pretty solid despite the heavy loss to a loaded St. X and Loveland also has some talented kids in their squad.

Mason moves up by beating Moeller IMO, and St. X solidifies number 1 With another win over Toledo St. John’s.
1. St. X
2. Mason
3. Sycamore
4. Moeller
5. Milford
5. Loveland
6. Anderson

Saw X play East to start the season. They are legit great from front to back. Everyone seems to like Milford for whatever reason. Have you guys watched them play? They are pretty average.

Agreed. X is legit. I saw same game. Love to see X and Iggy play. I think i mentioned that to someone on here before. Two best teams in state probably. Not familiar with all Ohio teams but quite a few. And I’ve only seen Milford highlights. A couple good individual players but I think jury is still out.

Mason moves up by beating Moeller IMO, and St. X solidifies number 1 With another win over Toledo St. John’s.
1. St. X
2. Mason
3. Sycamore
4. Moeller
5. Milford
5. Loveland
6. Anderson
That is my top six as well, but I would switch Moeller and Sycamore and switch Loveland and Milford.

Milford has some very good players. I can think of 6 off the top of my head that would probably start for anyone, and decent role players outside of that.

Milford has some very good players. I can think of 6 off the top of my head that would probably start for anyone, and decent role players outside of that.
That said, I have not personally seen them play yet this year, but 3-3 tie to a very average Lakota East team isn’t a great result.

My son's team has five or six Milford kids and 5 or six Loveland kids. I'd take the Loveland kids over the Milford kids in a game. I don't know much besides them. It will be a good game when they play though as the kids have been together since the age shift five years ago.

X beat Walsh Jesuit 1-0 on Sunday. This round robin of "Jesuit Cup" means they will play St. Ignatius at some point soon. TBD as of now.

X beat Walsh Jesuit 1-0 on Sunday. This round robin of "Jesuit Cup" means they will play St. Ignatius at some point soon. TBD as of now.

They won’t play until at least October. Lot’s of other good games between now and then so could really get some big billing if X makes it through September unscathed.

1. St. X
2. Mason
3. Sycamore
4. Moeller
5. Milford
5. Loveland
6. Anderson
I think Beavercreek and Centerville deserve some consideration.

I think Beavercreek and Centerville deserve some consideration.

I was really only talking about the Cincinnati teams, hard to say where Centerville and Beavercreek would slot in unless they have played some of the Cincy teams? I think Beavercreek plays Mason this weekend?

I was really only talking about the Cincinnati teams, hard to say where Centerville and Beavercreek would slot in unless they have played some of the Cincy teams? I think Beavercreek plays Mason this weekend?
I thought gwoc was only playing gwoc. Did that change?

Alter 1-0 Wyoming. Alter team bouncing back from rough start and looking dangerous.
Alter's head coach Ellis had some serious health issues and surgery last month. I heard the surgery was deemed successful and he's on the road to recovery. Don't know if this affected the team and their rocky start or not. Also, I'm not sure if he's back on the sideline coaching or if it's Alter's assistants doing the sideline coaching. Maybe someone here knows.

Alter's head coach Ellis had some serious health issues and surgery last month. I heard the surgery was deemed successful and he's on the road to recovery. Don't know if this affected the team and their rocky start or not. Also, I'm not sure if he's back on the sideline coaching or if it's Alter's assistants doing the sideline coaching. Maybe someone here knows.
Coach Ellis has recovered and is back on sidelines.

Mine hasn’t changed:

1. St X - beat Walsh Jesuit 1-0 to go 4-0
2. Mason - Beat a pretty bad Little Miami team that also got pounded by Kings. We will see if they stay there, I think there are better teams
3. Sycamore - Beat Elder 6-1
4. Moeller - Beat Lasalle 4-3 after being down 3-0. Great comeback. Moellers defense is vulnerable, but have a very good keeper.
5. Milford - Beat W. Clermont 4-2 (the game was not close though)
6. Loveland - Could be a sleeper in my opinion and quietly racking up wins. Beat Turpin 3-0.
7. Anderson

Toss up after that for me.

After seeing this weeks results, any changes to top 5 lists?

What has become clear is that a majority of the talent in D2 and D3 may be in Dayton this year.

D1 Cincy - St. X and Mason sit a top of the list with Sycamore right below them. Loveland seems to be at the top of the ECC with Milford and Anderson quietly below them. Moeller is giving up a lot of goals early.

D2 - McNick has fallen way off since their win over IH. Summit and Wyoming seem to be the best two teams in Cincy. Monroe, Alter, Bellbrook, Tipp, and Oak Wood are all in the conversation for teams who can make it out of this region.

D3 - Seven Hills seemed down and CCD seemed up until Seven Hills beat CCD. Mariemont still a head of the pack. I don’t know if we know enough about Madeira to consider them contenders just yet. Troy Christian’s early results indicate they have a very solid team.

What has become clear is that a majority of the talent in D2 and D3 may be in Dayton this year.

D1 Cincy - St. X and Mason sit a top of the list with Sycamore right below them. Loveland seems to be at the top of the ECC with Milford and Anderson quietly below them. Moeller is giving up a lot of goals early.

D2 - McNick has fallen way off since their win over IH. Summit and Wyoming seem to be the best two teams in Cincy. Monroe, Alter, Bellbrook, Tipp, and Oak Wood are all in the conversation for teams who can make it out of this region.

D3 - Seven Hills seemed down and CCD seemed up until Seven Hills beat CCD. Mariemont still a head of the pack. I don’t know if we know enough about Madeira to consider them contenders just yet. Troy Christian’s early results indicate they have a very solid team.

Madeira just lost leading scorer quite possibly for the season to injury (on top of Xavier signee Ethan Mills to FC Cincinnati Academy squad). I don’t believe all-state caliber center mid has returned yet for Seven Hills. Agree with those who say Mariemont, Botkins, Seven Hills and Troy Christian are most likely district champions. CCD can probably beat any of those teams on a given day.

Southwest Ohio Coaches Poll

Attachments

• 20200905_140059.jpg
    20200905_140059.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 38