SW Ohio Early Front Runners

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 8.21.58 AM.png

Don’t
What has become clear is that a majority of the talent in D2 and D3 may be in Dayton this year.

D1 Cincy - St. X and Mason sit a top of the list with Sycamore right below them. Loveland seems to be at the top of the ECC with Milford and Anderson quietly below them. Moeller is giving up a lot of goals early.

D2 - McNick has fallen way off since their win over IH. Summit and Wyoming seem to be the best two teams in Cincy. Monroe, Alter, Bellbrook, Tipp, and Oak Wood are all in the conversation for teams who can make it out of this region.

D3 - Seven Hills seemed down and CCD seemed up until Seven Hills beat CCD. Mariemont still a head of the pack. I don’t know if we know enough about Madeira to consider them contenders just yet. Troy Christian’s early results indicate they have a very solid team.
Don’t understand the mentality that DII is “Wyoming’s to lose” and “Summit and Wyoming seem to be the best teams in Cincy” and then lump Monroe in with Alter who they absolutely destroyed after beating them last year. Wyoming managed a 1-0 win in the tournament last season and Monroe literally lost no one from that team. Blows my mind

Don’t

Don’t understand the mentality that DII is “Wyoming’s to lose” and “Summit and Wyoming seem to be the best teams in Cincy” and then lump Monroe in with Alter who they absolutely destroyed after beating them last year. Wyoming managed a 1-0 win in the tournament last season and Monroe literally lost no one from that team. Blows my mind

you may have failed to read the top of my post that stated “most talent in D2 and D3 is in Dayton”.

When it comes to Cincy Wyoming and Summit have started to pull away from the pack.

When it comes to Dayton Monroe is atop with Tipp, Bellbrook, Alter, and Oakwood behind them.

I concur on Monroe. Thought they were one of the four best in D-2 in the state last year and have everyone back including t.heir beast....Griffis

Don’t

Monroe is classified as a MVSSCA team... while Wyoming and Summit are recognizably the best teams in Cincy. Another aspect we need to take into account this year is that a scoreline doesn't always reflect the game in soccer.

Monroe is classified as a MVSSCA team... while Wyoming and Summit are recognizably the best teams in Cincy. Another aspect we need to take into account this year is that a scoreline doesn't always reflect the game in soccer.
The scoreline and what we already know about a team are what we have to judge at this point. What we know about Monroe is they were one of the best teams in the State Last year and lost nobody ?‍♂️

Defending D2 state champ Tippecanoe not being on the list is a head scratcher as well. They have won 28 straight games and haven’t lost since 2018.
A belated congrats to Tipp on their great season.

I would imagine Monroe and Tipp would be the top two Dayton D2 teams and we should see them in the next state poll. As both FlyerFan23 and winbypin suggested, it looks like the Dayton D2 rep didn't get his votes in on time. Sometimes it happens.

I think there are certainly some omissions (most likely due to not voting of having not played a game yet), but I also think when its all said and done comparing records isn't that easy either. Some of the aforementioned teams don't play nearly the challenging schedule as others. Tipp is solid I'm sure (haven't seen them play) but they also are only playing a league schedule. Monroe will have a great record as well and does seem to be a great side but also plays in a less competitive league where they play them all twice. I love tournament time!

oakwood and monroe tied 2-2 last night. last year monroe played in the cincy sectional, not dayton. not sure about this year, if indeed there is a tournament

Oakwood 2
CJ 1

Monroe 3
Badin 1

Bellbrook 4
Fenwick 2

With the Monroe - Oakwood tie earlier this week....Bellbrook sits atop the SWBL standings...at least for now. All three will factor in the SW District tourney and perhaps beyond.