Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

One of the SEOP teams that I enjoy watching play, especially at their place.
Meigs vs
Ravenswood, WV
Ripley, WV
Point Pleasant, WV
South Point
West Muskingum

I saw Massillon play Walsh Jesuit in 1998 in person. The current Marion Local would running-clock that Massillon team. My reasoning for saying that it'd be a decent game for a half is that it's ML best 11 vs. Massillon's best 11, school sizes be damned.
Not sure of Massillon that year but find it interesting you didn't pick going up against D3 Walsh Jesuit from 1998 .

Not sure of Massillon that year but find it interesting you didn't pick going up against D3 Walsh Jesuit from 1998 .
Massillon was straight garbage that year. Under .500. Walsh won 34-7, and it wasn't even that close (again, I saw this game in person). Yes, Walsh was state runner-up, but sometimes teams have bad years; 1998 was one of Massillon's.

RUMOR TIME: My wish may be coming true. I have wanted to see St. Ed's vs. St. Joes' Prep (PA) for years. The rumor is next year they are playing. Not Gospel, but hearing from a little birdie. Maybe Ed's posters can do some digging.

RUMOR TIME: My wish may be coming true. I have wanted to see St. Ed's vs. St. Joes' Prep (PA) for years. The rumor is next year they are playing. Not Gospel, but hearing from a little birdie. Maybe Ed's posters can do some digging.
That's what my "hmmmm" was about. Week 2, at home.

Defiance and Bryan.

15-20 miles apart. D3 vs D4. The series when they did play until the early 70s was pretty much even.

Play in everything else.

Sadly with a 9 game league schedule we have no room, but it wouldn't take long for the rivalry to ramp back up.

I’ll speak on behalf of my alma mater
Waverly vs Piketon the schools are separated by less 10 miles in the same county was ended in 2019. Has gone through spells of playing for a while then stopping

Waverly vs Ironton. Is usually both teams first “scrimmage” would like to see them on the actual schedule

Waverly vs Jackson. This was played a lot back in the day and into the lates 2010s before our program went into purgatory.

And for an out of the area game I’d say Waverly vs Wyoming/McNicholas/Alter. Each of these teams are in the region we play but MUCH better competition than what we locally have

In all seriousness, Glenville's '24 nonconference schedule should have some combination of these teams:

St. Edward
Massillon
Hoban
Avon
Toledo Central Catholic
Ursuline
St. Joseph Prep
IMG
Center Grove
Pittsburgh Central Catholic

This type of schedule would prepare Glenville for another championship run no matter what division they're in. I hope it happens
It did have a combination of those teams. Hoban, Avon and IMG

I saw Massillon play Walsh Jesuit in 1998 in person. The current Marion Local would running-clock that Massillon team. My reasoning for saying that it'd be a decent game for a half is that it's ML best 11 vs. Massillon's best 11, school sizes be damned.
I saw Massillon play in 1970 and they would hang 150 on this years ML team. Of course that means nothing. Why don’t you guys just bask in the fact that you have created a dynasty that will never be matched instead of wanting to play the KC Chiefs to prove something.

I saw Massillon play in 1970 and they would hang 150 on this years ML team. Of course that means nothing. Why don’t you guys just bask in the fact that you have created a dynasty that will never be matched instead of wanting to play the KC Chiefs to prove something.
No allegiance to Marion Local; just going off what I've seen. I wasn't alive yet in 1970, so I can't comment on that; while "150" sounds hyperbolic, a solid pasting seems possible. The Massillon of this year would beat Marion Local, pulling away in the fourth quarter. 1998 Massillon was hot garbage; 2023 Marion Local would absolutely take them to the woodshed, akin to last night's Chargers-Raiders game.

And yes, today's Marion Local is undoubtedly the greatest dynasty in Ohio high school football history, because they have the in-game results to back it up. If Massillon wins another dozen in the next 20 years, then they can join the conversation. You could argue Mount Union might be the best dynasty in college football history; sure, 80+% of D-1 would beat them, but it doesn't make their accolades any less impressive.

No allegiance to Marion Local; just going off what I've seen. I wasn't alive yet in 1970, so I can't comment on that; while "150" sounds hyperbolic, a solid pasting seems possible. The Massillon of this year would beat Marion Local, pulling away in the fourth quarter. 1998 Massillon was hot garbage; 2023 Marion Local would absolutely take them to the woodshed, akin to last night's Chargers-Raiders game.

And yes, today's Marion Local is undoubtedly the greatest dynasty in Ohio high school football history, because they have the in-game results to back it up. If Massillon wins another dozen in the next 20 years, then they can join the conversation. You could argue Mount Union might be the best dynasty in college football history; sure, 80+% of D-1 would beat them, but it doesn't make their accolades any less impressive.
More crap. Keep dreaming. LOL.

You have too many gimmies on your list:
Mooney
Ironton
ML
Kirtland
Cass Tech
Pine Richland
Martinsburg
I mean it's called "my list" for a reason so I don't care about your opinion tbh. The topic of the thread was regular season matchups you would like to see so I simply posted my list and I didn't need your two cents. 95% of the matchups that people have posted on here will likely never happen but everybody is allowed to have dream matchups or teams they like to see.....

If Massillon and Marion local played this year Massillon wins 49-0. What in the hell makes you think we will pull away late in the 4th quarter when we was able to hold Akron Hoban to 2 points but yet ML is gonna play better than Hoban? Like I stated before I have a tremendous amount of respect for Marion local and what they do but some of y'all need a dose of reality they are not going to hang with anybody in the top two divisions. I guarantee you Marion local doesn't beat the D1 final 4 teams or D2 final 4 teams. They are not ready for that