Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

Morgantown vs Steubenville. I know there would be a rather large size discrepancy Morgantown being in the new AAAA and Steubenville being D IV. They’ve played in the past bring it back
Morgantown is West Virginia's largest school, with around 2,000 students. They've played Big Red 5x; the most recent series ended in 2018, the previous one in 2012. Big Red is 5-0. I'm not sure why they stopped playing; they currently only play Steubenville in the 5A OVAC playoffs or girls' sports. Wheeling Park has beat them for six straight years, so I'm not sure if Big Red-Morgantown is must-see TV, but it would be nice to pick them up after New Phila drops us.

Morgantown is West Virginia's largest school, with around 2,000 students. They've played Big Red 5x; the most recent series ended in 2018, the previous one in 2012. Big Red is 5-0. I'm not sure why they stopped playing; they currently only play Steubenville in the 5A OVAC playoffs or girls' sports. Wheeling Park has beat them for six straight years, so I'm not sure if Big Red-Morgantown is must-see TV, but it would be nice to pick them up after New Phila drops us.
The only issue I’d see if Morgantown wouldn’t get a ton of points for how the new playoff system is in WV, and how they’ve added a whole other class going from AAA now to AAAA. Outside of that I see no reason not to renew

The only issue I’d see if Morgantown wouldn’t get a ton of points for how the new playoff system is in WV, and how they’ve added a whole other class going from AAA now to AAAA. Outside of that I see no reason not to renew
Yeah, I don't know. The only smaller school they play is Linsly Prep, but 16 of the 25 teams make the playoffs, so catching a L or possibly getting a small number of points from a small school conference opponent shouldn't matter too much if you have a decent football program. Last year, they were a 14-seed and lost their first-round matchup by 50.

I thought to Morgantown games weren’t even competitive.
One game was tight. 2018. I believe Mitchell was injured in the Penn Hills game, and Criss made his first start at QB vs. Morgantown the following week. I think it was 20–14. Morgantown had a shot late but was stopped on 4th down.

Some of these were longtime local rivalries discontinued:
Youngstown Ursuline vs. Boardman
Canfield vs. South Range
Struthers vs. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney
Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas vs. Anderson
Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas vs. Turpin
Youngstown Ursuline vs. Cleveland Glenville

Last edited:
A two-year home and home agreement between Canton McKinley vs. Steubenville Big Red would be a fun renewal of a long-time series, which has not seen these two storied programs play each other for a long-time. Many Cantonians still have not forgotten the nightmare of a Big Red upset of McKinley in 1969. That Bulldog 20-14 defeat to the Big Red was McKinley's only loss of the season. A victory would have positioned Canton McKinley for the state championship in 1969.

A two-year home and home agreement between Canton McKinley vs. Steubenville Big Red would be a fun renewal of a long-time series, which has not seen these two storied programs play each other for a long-time. Many Cantonians still have not forgotten the nightmare of a Big Red upset of McKinley in 1969. That Bulldog 20-14 defeat to the Big Red was McKinley's only loss of the season. A victory would have positioned Canton McKinley for the state championship in 1969.
Who won it in 69?

Logan County

Bellefontaine vs. Findlay (Just this year really)
Ben Logan vs. Mechanicsburg (Would be lopsided right now, but used to be a good game)
Indian Lake vs. WLS (Crazy this game hasn't happened since WCOC)
Riverside vs. Waynsefield Goshen (Old WCOC game and WG finally gotten decent)

Champaign County

Urbana vs. Kenton (Two schools I don't like but seems like they should have played at some point)
Graham vs. Covington (Old Southwest Rivers foes and both struggle alot)
Triad vs. Riverside (Also some good games in the WCOC)

Anderson vs. St. Xavier...this was annually the last game of the season from the mid-90's through 2000, and was often a competitive game. St. X only lost once, but there were plenty of really close games. I would imagine that Anderson would love to pick the game up again, but with St. X playing a significantly tougher schedule and traveling like they do, they would likely opt out. St. X would win most years, but there would certainly be some competition.