Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

The only way Ironton could work would be to make it an 2 day trip. I’m sure the gate money would allow for the expense. Everyone of those games you mentioned makes perfect sense. Problem is after week 3 wouldn’t they all be in league play and unable play us. And I’m not sure all of those teams would be willing. I’m sure Harding and Fitch would be, but I’m not sure about the others. Are Harding and fitch both independents.
I think Warren and Fitch play independent schedules. The Warren scrimmage might be a sign of a future matchup. Some of those teams I mentioned would be nice replacements for New Phila and Park after they drop us.

I agree that Celina and Bellefontaine should play. I was really hoping we would meet up in the state semi’s this past fall. Since 1972 they have only played once, and that was a playoff game in 1995. Remember that Bellefontaine was a charter member of the WBL in 1940-41 but left after 1964-65.
I REALLY wish we had met up this year.

The series is D.O.A as long as the WBL plays a 9 game conference season. I don’t blame them but along with the MVL doing it, really limits our ability to find OOC games.

I mentioned Steubenville-Fitch previously in this thread. Those two got together on short notice back in 2020 and it was a heckuva game........ a one point overtime.
Yeah, I'm not sure why Fitch didn't want to extend the contract.

The Tank ain't that big. There isn't that much gate money to be had.
Does it seat 5,000. I don’t think the fan bases will travel that well because of distance but each game would pack the places with local people.
I was in bellaire in 95 when ironton came up for regular season game.It should happen one of these years.
Bellaire vs Steubenville is another game that makes sense.

I REALLY wish we had met up this year.

The series is D.O.A as long as the WBL plays a 9 game conference season. I don’t blame them but along with the MVL doing it, really limits our ability to find OOC games.
Since 1972, Celina has played Greenville 24 times, Versailles 13, Coldwater 8, Lima Senior 5, and Toledo Woodward 1. Celina has natural rivals in Coldwater and Greenville and probably at one time Bellefontaine. Just not enough space in the calendar to play them all in football.

Does it seat 5,000. I don’t think the fan bases will travel that well because of distance but each game would pack the places with local people.

Bellaire vs Steubenville is another game that makes sense.
Punching down are we?

I think he may have been providing an example that Ironton traveled up to play Bellaire in ‘95. Bellaire made the return trip to Ironton in ‘96. Steubenville is only 30 minutes further for Ironton. It’s a stretch, but a home and home could work.
Clinton-Massie made a trip to Steubenville a few years back. That’s a haul too. Not as far as Ironton, but a haul nonetheless.

Punching down are we?

I think he may have been providing an example that Ironton traveled up to play Bellaire in ‘95. Bellaire made the return trip to Ironton in ‘96. Steubenville is only 30 minutes further for Ironton. It’s a stretch, but a home and home could work.
Clinton-Massie made a trip to Steubenville a few years back. That’s a haul too. Not as far as Ironton, but a haul nonetheless.
Is D5 a real punch down from D4? We punch up a lot more than we punch down. But I see your point. It probably wouldn’t be much of a game.

La Salle v. Hoban. Most combined D2 titles in the last decade, but have never played each other.
LS v. TCC. Harder with the Irish joining the Detroit league, but would be interesting.
LS v. Ursuline. We've never played them, but would make for a good matchup.
LS v. Iggy. The rest of the GCL schedules them on occasion.
LS at Avon. I understand that, being a public school, they may not have the travel budget for a regular season game, but I really respect their coaching staff and program, and would love to drive up there for a game.

In short, any solid D1-D3 program within the state that would play us, so we could get our out-of-state schedule back below 3.
Lasalle should step up and schedule the Benedictine Bengals!

I thought they were D5. That would be punching down.
They dropped back to D6 in 2021 or 2022. Bellaire has had a handful of solid D4, D5, and D6 teams over the last 20 years. QB N. Davis (05) and QB N. Rocchio (06) led two of their best teams in the last 20 years, but they've only had one team that would've been favored against Big Red since I've been alive, and that would be 95 Bellaire.

They dropped back to D6 in 2021 or 2022. Bellaire has had a handful of solid D4, D5, and D6 teams over the last 20 years. QB N. Davis (05) and QB N. Rocchio (06) led two of their best teams in the last 20 years, but they've only had one team that would've been favored against Big Red since I've been alive, and that would be 95 Bellaire.
In the 2000’s both schools’ best teams were during the same seasons ‘03, ‘05, ‘06. Both had deep playoff runs…both won regional championships in all 3 of those seasons. BR would have had the upper hand, no doubt (2 state titles).

‘96 Bellaire would have been a great matchup with BR. Judging by common opponent, SCC, game could have gone either way. I feel the same about 1997.

From ‘07-present, it’s all Big Red. Nothing to speak of for Bellaire in that time.

Either way, these teams will never matchup. I just don’t see Bellaire ever having the same resurgence Ironton has had over the past 5-7 years. Tradition is there, but the other things needed to make a great program are missing.

95 wasn’t one of our better years. Good solid team, but one of the very few years we didn’t make the playoffs. I remember the 95 BHS team. They were outstanding. I’d have to agree with you.

What were the scores? If my memory is any good we did lose to CCHS right?
1995, they lost 6-0.

In 1996, they won 7-6, ran the ball 50x and had 4 fumbles.

1997 was Rich Saccoccia's first year. They were up early and won 28–13.

In 1998, they threw one pass and rushed for about 600 yards. Winning 41-0.

Morgantown vs Stuebenville. I know there would be a rather large size discrepancy Morgantown being in the new AAAA and Stuebenville being D IV. They’ve played in the past bring it back