Region 18 Final: Coldwater (12-1) vs Liberty Center (13-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WRONG!!!

CB is based on total enrollment. If a kid comes from another school and is in band he still counts in the CB number.
Football: • In the sport of football, all students in grades 10 through 12, plus any ninth grade student who played in a varsity regular
season contest (including ninth-graders who played but later were not part of the team due to injury, transfer, move,
quit, dismissal, etc.), MUST annually be entered in the rostering system and assigned a specific tier.
• NOTE: This is a change from past practice when all students in grades 9 through 12 were entered.
• It does not matter on what team the students in grades 10 through 12 played (varsity, junior varsity, reserve, Gold squad,
Black squad, etc.). Each of those students in grades 10 through 12 (including students who were on the roster but later
were not part of the team due to injury, transfer, move, quit, dismissal, etc.) MUST be entered.
• Only enter ninth grade students if he/she played in a varsity regular season contest.
• Any ninth-grader who participates in one play in a varsity contest shall count as having played in a contest (a play nullified
due to penalty does not count). Counting whether a student played in a contest for Competitive Balance purpose

L

Your mistaken emis is from enrollment cb is a number based on balance from doing well in a sport and adjust your number based on enrollment to move you up or move you down in a division . Good try but It just seems there’s alot of Napoleon ppl who think kids who went to a Parochial school”belong” to them when the parents sent them there instead of there public school system and knew it was a better school choice for their kids.
Hey genius. Yes, the original enrollment amount is the kids in the school like always. CB is the additional number added to said enrollment when you take into account those outside the district playing football, or for private schools the kids not from the approved feeder schools.

Your snippets you post just show the enrollment like it's always been..

Again, how well you do in a sport is NOT A THING. Never has been.

Please, Educate yourself before coming at thavoice. I've provided some great information to review.

Last edited:
Football: • In the sport of football, all students in grades 10 through 12, plus any ninth grade student who played in a varsity regular
season contest (including ninth-graders who played but later were not part of the team due to injury, transfer, move,
quit, dismissal, etc.), MUST annually be entered in the rostering system and assigned a specific tier.
• NOTE: This is a change from past practice when all students in grades 9 through 12 were entered.
• It does not matter on what team the students in grades 10 through 12 played (varsity, junior varsity, reserve, Gold squad,
Black squad, etc.). Each of those students in grades 10 through 12 (including students who were on the roster but later
were not part of the team due to injury, transfer, move, quit, dismissal, etc.) MUST be entered.
• Only enter ninth grade students if he/she played in a varsity regular season contest.
• Any ninth-grader who participates in one play in a varsity contest shall count as having played in a contest (a play nullified
due to penalty does not count). Counting whether a student played in a contest for Competitive Balance purpose
So what part of "all students in grades 10-12" do you not understand? So a kid who is a sophomore, junior or senior who comes from another district and plays in the band, counts against CB.

So what part of "all students in grades 10-12" do you not understand? So a kid who is a sophomore, junior or senior who comes from another district and plays in the band, counts against CB.
English was what my school struggled the most teaching, but after multiple people's 'reading' of this I'm thinking I may have judged my alma mater too harshly.

No.
It does not. Do you not read where it states played the sport?

You really think CW, with that 1 CB, has just one OE kid in HS?

Please, read what I've provided from the OHSAA.

The all students refers to all FB players in 10-12, plus frosh who.played on varsity contest.

Last edited:
LC has had a great program before during and long after this season is over.
No.

The all students refers to all FB players in 10-12, plus frosh who.played on varsity contest.
LC doesn’t have 39 maybe 10 kids at max that play football and 4 are freshman. This number is inflated somehow

No.

"Played the sport" statement only applies to freshmen. These are two different qualifying statements. That's why it says "plus."

The 10-12 group plus the 9th grade group.

LC has had a great program before during and long after this season is over.

LC doesn’t have 39 maybe 10 kids at max that play football and 4 are freshman. This number is inflated somehow
Again. Research.

In football, tier 2 kids have a multiple of 3..
Tier 2 is a multiple of 1.
Tier 0 is mutple of 0.
And those are added to the overall enrollment.

So yes, you likely do not have 39 OE kids who played.

By appying math, CW had 1 OE kid who played and LC had anywhere from 13-39.

Last edited:
"Played the sport" statement only applies to freshmen. These are two different qualifying statements. That's why it says "plus."

Stop.
Please.

By your reasoning you're saying CW has 1 OE male in HS ...

@Thavoice is correct. It's all grade 10-12 roster members (IMO "students" is a dumb way to state it in the bylaw) plus any 9th graders that played last year that are considered for being assigned to a Tier other than zero. They do not put all grade 10-12 students into the rostering system.

Last edited:
@Thavoice is correct. It's all grade 10-12 roster members (IMO "students" is a dumb way to state it in the bylaw) plus any 9th graders that played last year that are considered for being assigned to a Tier other than zero. They do not put all grade 10-12 students into the rostering system.
Thavoice is always right!

He’s right about the particulars of CB but a bit fat weenie for using it as a red herring here.
Just posting facts. . I was actually researching Watterson and Bellefontaine and checked out a few other teams in the MAC.

It doesn't matter though.. LC is a freight train and while I see it closer than last year this doesn't really play into the results.

If anything, it taught a few people quite a bit and dispelled some myths because, as we know, knowledge is power.

I agree with you. lol
As for the game, Coldwater isn't outgunned in this like many think. Should be a very good game that can go either way. Wish I could watch it, but I'll be watching the Flyers.
I'd catch your flyer game but I can't miss Coldwater s last game.

In other news at work today, I heard through the grapevine about two LC kids breaking their arm last week? Anyone else know anything about it?

In other news at work today, I heard through the grapevine about two LC kids breaking their arm last week? Anyone else know anything about it?
Notta seems like rumorsville have family members on the team there are 2-3 kids who are out but non starters. Kruse had a leg issue late in the 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter on a long run but that was it and Rentz filled in just fine. Unless it happened in practice LC is 100%

WRONG!!!

CB is based on total enrollment. If a kid comes from another school and is in band he still counts in the CB number.
Do you not read the source he posts or just spout nonsense? It literally explains how the CB is done via that link @Thavoice posted. It goes through how the rosters are used for each sports CB. Man, sometimes I’m reminded this sites free for everyone…

Just posting facts. . I was actually researching Watterson and Bellefontaine and checked out a few other teams in the MAC.

It doesn't matter though.. LC is a freight train and while I see it closer than last year this doesn't really play into the results.

If anything, it taught a few people quite a bit and dispelled some myths because, as we know, knowledge is power.
Shooting Star GIF

How is that?
Because he says stuff like this:
39 is a big number so everyone can infer what they want but it's quite obvious......
and this
Many private schools would blush at that amount.

Wast aware CW was facing an all star team.
I have no idea where LC’s players come from, but it’s likely a product of open enrollment. ML gets kids from Montezuma, New Bremen gets kids from St. Marys, and heck, even Botkins gets a boatload of kids from Wapak. It goes on all the time, and odds are it has nothing to do with sports.

and this

I have no idea where LC’s players come from, but it’s likely a product of open enrollment. ML gets kids from Montezuma, New Bremen gets kids from St. Marys, and heck, even Botkins gets a boatload of kids from Wapak. It goes on all the time, and odds are it has nothing to do with sports.
Montezuma is a bunch of old rich people that live on grand lake. Saying ML get people from montezuma is like a cow in a rainforest.

and this

Do you mean the motivation for OE? Yeah, maybe this is normal for them but a 39 CB is an eye popping number... especially for a public school. 5th highest in D5. Not really sure what Marion, NB and botkins CB are.

Last edited:
F

and this

Of course its OE. Many schools have it.

So you dont think 39 is a high number,? 5th most in all of D5.

MAC schools total of 22.
Anna 4
Versailles 2.
Coldwater 1.
St Henry 0.
Minster 4
New Bremen 6.
Marion Local 1.
Ft Rex 0.
Parkway 4.
Dsj 0.

So, LC alone has almost double the MAC....combined, so yes, I believe my comments are warranted as rhey are factual in nature.

Celina 3
Wapak.4
Badin...87...

Last edited:
The western circle is Freedom Township, heavy farming family population and a lot attend a Lutheran school that runs K-8. Napoleon schools decided to shut down their Vo Ag program a while back so a lot of families from this area open enrolled to Pettisville and Liberty Center which both have very strong FFA programs. The eastern circle is a no man’s land where the far edges of 4 schools districts meet(Liberty Center, Swanton, Anthony Wayne and Otsego) AW is a huge district that continues to grow so you see open enrollments to the three smaller schools from this area.
IMG_8623.jpeg