Region 18 Final: Coldwater (12-1) vs Liberty Center (13-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As entertaining as this post has been, it is really sad to watch grown adults try to discredit what kids have done and accomplished to make it this far. I am sure Coldwater is not holding kids back or recruiting a quarterback no more than LC is recruiting kids for football. I am from Napoleon and they actually had a special levy to try and build an ag center for the school due to how many kids were moving out of the district due to not having vo ag. Should really stick to talking about the game instead of trying to discredit these fantastic ball clubs.
Isn't it crazy how just a set of facts can lead to such a crazy discussion and speculation?

I dont think anyone is trying to discredit any of the kids per se, except for those actually bringing up names of kids.

Not much else to really talk about the game.
You have the immovable object of LC and the flash and finesse of CW and last year it was a laugher.
I bet LC is happy to see the region matched with SWO instead of having to face Perry or South Range next week.

Most in MAC country and just hoping the Cavs can keep it interesting enough and not get run ruled.

As was stated before, we have a lot of kids that live in areas just outside of our district that come to liberty. we also have a great ag program that brings in kids from the circle in the prior post.
I was a few pages behind when I replied. He, however, in that post was just saying that it was all because they went to private school in elementary school. That wouldn't matter if they lived within the district. That map helped paint the picture better.

As entertaining as this post has been, it is really sad to watch grown adults try to discredit what kids have done and accomplished to make it this far. I am sure Coldwater is not holding kids back or recruiting a quarterback no more than LC is recruiting kids for football. I am from Napoleon and they actually had a special levy to try and build an ag center for the school due to how many kids were moving out of the district due to not having vo ag. Should really stick to talking about the game instead of trying to discredit these fantastic ball clubs.
Yes please.

We don't care who we play just as long as we get to play and play our brand of football.

I know. And now Little Old Liberty Center is gonna have to play them. I hope the LC kids get off the bus. Coldwater plays in the MAC. LC doesn't have a chance. We are happy we made it this far.
Based on the recent open enrollment conversation let’s just hope little old Coldwater is able to get off the bus against the IMG Academy of northwest ohio

You mean the new "Ag Education" building with the indoor practice and sports improvement wing that Napoleon tried to pass last May?

This week has been dragging on. I’m Ready to see some smash-mouth football from LC, and some speed from CW.

Little facto checkers going on
Coldwater population was 4721 in 2021
Liberty Center population 1097 in 2021
School districts LC bumps into Delta Wauseon Napoleon Swanton Otsego and Anthony Wayne a lot of Rural Area I can’t tell what coldwater is surrounded by but I know there is a few smaller schools in the area Liberty Center has all big schools besides Delta that surrounds them. I know this doesn’t say much but Coldwater is 4x the size of Liberty Center and I think one of the bigger D5 schools. They use to be D4 if I remember correctly before Division 7 started for a few years?

Attachments

• IMG_0507.png
    IMG_0507.png
    404.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0506.png
    IMG_0506.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 41
CW was D6 recently so I'd be sunrises if it's a large D5 school. I'd have to check it out.

CW is surrounded by st Henry to the south by like 5 miles, city of celina to the east by about 8 miles, Rockford (Pw) to the north about 15 miles maybe and Ft rec to the west around 10 miles.

Very rural area and I'd say an absokute vast majority of kids live 5 miles or less from the school.

I know I am obviously biased but it's a fantastic town with a great setup. The school is small dab in the.middle.of town and a large park in the middle of town as well that's a focal point in the summer.

Gorgeous area. But anyways....

Keys to the game:
The first drives by each team will tell us alot. LC likes to put a stranglehold on the defense with long drives.
I feel if CW wins the toss they should take the ball and not defer because rhe last thing you want to to is KO, have a patented 5-7 min LC TD drive and half the qtr gone. It then puts an added pressure on the offense.

If the game is tied after 1 drive each tomorrow, we MAY be in for a good one. If it's 7-0 LC then ya might as well pack up and best the line at kewpee.

Will def be interesting for sure.

Little facto checkers going on
Coldwater population was 4721 in 2021
Liberty Center population 1097 in 2021
School districts LC bumps into Delta Wauseon Napoleon Swanton Otsego and Anthony Wayne a lot of Rural Area I can’t tell what coldwater is surrounded by but I know there is a few smaller schools in the area Liberty Center has all big schools besides Delta that surrounds them. I know this doesn’t say much but Coldwater is 4x the size of Liberty Center and I think one of the bigger D5 schools. They use to be D4 if I remember correctly before Division 7 started for a few years?
CW is at 171 enrollment plus 1 cb for 172.
LC is at 137 enrollment plus 39 CB for 176.

158-205 is the range for D5.

CW has been D4 at times when there was 6 divisions, and went to 5 and also 6 recently. B Population and atufent enrollment has been fairly stagnant over the years.

Last edited:
CW was D6 recently so I'd be sunrises if it's a large D5 school. I'd have to check it out.

CW is surrounded by st Henry to the south by like 5 miles, city of celina to the east by about 8 miles, Rockford (Pw) to the north about 15 miles maybe and Ft rec to the west around 10 miles.

Very rural area and I'd say an absokute vast majority of kids live 5 miles or less from the school.

I know I am obviously biased but it's a fantastic town with a great setup. The school is small dab in the.middle.of town and a large park in the middle of town as well that's a focal point in the summer.

Keys to the game:
The first drives by each team will tell us alot. LC likes to put a stranglehold on the defense with long drives.
I feel if CW wins the toss they should take the ball and not defer because rhe last thing you want to to is KO, have a patented 5-7 min LC TD drive and half the qtr gone. It then puts an added pressure on the offense.

If the game is tied after 1 drive each tomorrow, we MAY be in for a good one. If it's 7-0 LC then ya might as well pack up and best the line at kewpee.

I agree. The first drive by each will tell us a lot.

So I can't make the game this week and the Tigers live stream won't be live. So what radio station (if any) will have this game? I have to assume a local one will but we are fighting with Patrick Henry's game as well.
Help.

So I can't make the game this week and the Tigers live stream won't be live. So what radio station (if any) will have this game? I have to assume a local one will but we are fighting with Patrick Henry's game as well.
Help.
Last week the LC game was on defiance 105.7

Keys to the game:

Very well put, would have to agree, have to come out and punch them in the mouth if you want to win, otherwise you won’t catch back up.

Very well put, would have to agree, have to come out and punch them in the mouth if you want to win, otherwise you won’t catch back up.
More like CW needs to be like Buster Douglas and survive Mike Tyson s early barrage going for the knockout punch.
CW cannot win this game in the 1st half but they can lose it in the first half.

So I can't make the game this week and the Tigers live stream won't be live. So what radio station (if any) will have this game? I have to assume a local one will but we are fighting with Patrick Henry's game as
Help.

Rise and Shine campers because its G A M E D A Y !

It may be a little cold.
It may be a little wet.

but doggone it, go support your team tonite. Offer still stands, if you feel the tickets being too expensive and the reason you are not going, hit me up and Ill pay your way.

Part 5 in this series of biggest upsets of all time is shared accomplishment between the same team.

Can Coldwater pull of the upset and be included on this list?

2005 Coldwater won their first State Football Title, but many teams are one title chumps and the legacy wasnt born until 2007when the Cavaliers took that next step with 2 victories fit for Hollywood.

November 11th, 2007.
Coldwater 59
tuAKA (the university of Archbishop Kettering Alter) 52
3OT.
Coldwater was down 28-7, and 42-21 before mounting the improbable comeback win.
Alter had the Borland kid who went to Wisky, and then the 49ers.
CW offensive assistant coach was the QB of that team.
It was such an incredible game, Alter's video guy sold copIies of it around the area.

December 1st, 2007.
State Championship
Coldwater 28
tuYCM 27.
Cardinal Mooney was ranked 11th in the Nation according to ESPN and had 4 D1 recruits (Notre Dame, although this QB/DB was injured) 2 Penn State and 1 Oklahoma.

YCM took a 2 TD lead, CW stormed back to take the late lead. The Cardinals drove and scored a TD and decided to kick the EP, but on the attempt they failed to squeeze the Schlarman and the kick was blocked, sealing the Cavalier victory.

If a ragtag group of kids can beat two private, star studded programs on the way to a title then the 6 seeded, second place Cavaliers who were beaten by a D7 team can hang with LC and maybe, just MAYBE, shock the world like they did in 2007 and beat what most consider an unbeatable opponent.

Do you believe in miracles?

I do.

Winning team 27
Non Winning team 24.

God Bless the USA.
God Bless the MAC
and May God Bless the Coldwater Cavaliers!