Region 18 Final: Coldwater (12-1) vs Liberty Center (13-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't get 'over your skis' too far. There are definitely some 'good' teams out there. IF they beat CW, LC would have to play lights out to beat either Perry or South Range. (you remember them)
They graduated a lot but I think there speed is slower the last year if you think it’s the same LC team that South Range played last year you are mistaken.

I don't care which side you're rooting for...if anyone thinks it's going to be a blowout either way, you're either just trying to get folks riled up or you're just plain clueless. Liberty Center gave up a lot of yards thru the air last week, which isn't good heading into a Coldwater game with a QB who throws the ball all over. On the other hand, the LC defense is probably the that LC has seen in years...maybe never this good.

I don't see Coldwater being able to run the ball much at all, but guess they'll get their yards a few scores thru the air. The question will be can Coldwater stop the LC run game. I think the LC run game will outscore (barely) the Coldwater passing game.

BOTH of these teams are on a mission....and both teams will very much be "up" for this game...both teams hit hard....both teams are well coached, etc., etc. etc....Good luck to both teams and hope that one of these two will be the eventual state champs!
LC didn’t give up a lot of yards they had 1 play that was 30 plus at that was a screen reversed up field for 55 yards by #7 other then that it was short 7-12 yrs passes besides a 13 yd td 252 yds and 1 td isnt a lot when they are a pass heavy team

They graduated a lot but I think there speed is slower the last year if you think it’s the same LC team that South Range played last year you are mistaken.
I wouldn't count on that 'speed' assumption. Also, I recognize that LC is different, but are the Tigers 35 points different? If both win Friday, we get to find out.

LC didn’t give up a lot of yards they had 1 play that was 30 plus at that was a screen reversed up field for 55 yards by #7 other then that it was short 7-12 yrs passes besides a 13 yd td 252 yds and 1 td isnt a lot when they are a pass heavy team
You're correct...if you take away the completed passes, LC gave up very little thru the air🤦. If LC gave up 250 to a QB who was getting hit every third play...you can bet that Coldwater will have plenty of yards thru the air. I don't know if it'll be enough to overcome the LC rushing attack, but Coldwater will get they're share of yards and points Friday night.

It just might come to down to who plays the cleanest game in regards to turnovers and penalties. LC has very few turnovers on the year...4 maybe? However, they've also had their share of inopportune big penalties. Will be an interesting game.

Give me roughneck football, 48-17 LC is my prediction. LC leads by a score going into the half. Then LC turns UP the bully ball.

Legit question, what schools in the MAC run the Delaware Wing T?
None.
CW just bullies the much smaller schools in their conference not named Marion local and when it comes to a power running team on the playoffs they cannot handle them.

It will be closet than last season but LC won't have a problem with the cava7iers.

That's what I'm thinking as well I feel like coldwater is more battle tested. I understand LC is a good team but looking at the scores they haven't had a close game or had anybody punch them in the mouth it would be interesting to see how they handle this game because going forward it doesn't get any easier. You're not going to be blowing anybody out like they have recently definitely should be a good ball game
7/10 LC opponent's made the playoffs this year. Just sayin

Looks like LC broadcast will be video delay with audio only unless they can work there magic spectrum will live stream the game on the internet for $9.99 such a joke the OHSAA loads there pockets from ticket sales no need to steal the live stream from other schools who have broadcast the whole season free of charge for people such a shame if it was on TV that’s one thing but taking the live stream is just morally not right so many schools given fans a free view and the state comes in and takes it from them desperately trying to make money anyway it can.

This doesn’t say as much as it used to.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but I have been a fan from afar of the MAC since watching Versailles way back in the 90’s. I would imagine last years game left a sting to Coldwaters pride. I’d bet on them…if I were a betting man.
Versailles didn't enter the MAC until 2001. They won a bulk of their titles pre MAC.

Part 2 in the series of greatest upsets of all time.

Can Coldwater pull off this upset and be added to the biggest upsets of all time?/

October 1781.

The Siege of Yorktown, which essentially ended the American Revolution.

If a ragtag militia group can defeat a professional Army of British Redcoats to end the war, then the 6 seeded, 2nd place Cavaliers who were defeated by a D7 team can hang around LC for at least a half.

Do you believe in miracles?

I do.

Winning team 34.
Non winning team 14.

Can Coldwater pull off this upset and be added to the biggest upsets of all time?/

October 1781.

If a ragtag militia group can defeat a professional Army of British Redcoats to end the war, then the 6 seeded, 2nd place Cavaliers who were defeated by a D7 team can hang around LC for at least a half.

I do.

Winning team 34.
Non winning team 14.
There are miracles than there are biblical miracles. What you are expecting is parting of the sea type miracle. Suppose to rain Friday which will make your miracle that much more biblical in proportion.

October 1781.

I do.

Winning team 34.
Non winning team 14.
Now THATS what I’m talking ‘bout.

6/10 CW opponents made the playoffs with 2 of them playing each other in a D6 Reg final with a 3rd playing in a D3 Reg Final this week
dont forget about that peewee team playing for a D7 Reg. final, thats 7/10 unless youre only counting the ones the cavs beat.
MAC is 15-2 vs non-conference opponents in the 2023 playoffs.

Last edited: