Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Struthers by 1-8

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Struthers by 9-16

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Struthers by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The visitor side stands are gonna be a huge problem struthers brings the entire town with them better get to this game super early if u want good seats
I don't doubt you're right, but the frequency & duration of "those stands won't fit us" over the years is one of my favorite things about talking playoffs on Yappi. 🤣

As far as "good seats" - it's a regional final between 2 public schools, can't imagine folks won't be there early.

They have a very nice running back in Rome Cox #9 he is big and runs well for his size..
They have about 4 recievers who can all make plays and can find open spots in the zone (which is why WB shoulda tried some man) when Poochie breaks contain.
#3 Tavon Castle is his go to.. quick,atheltic, good hands
#1 Pugh is probably his number 2 reminds me of more of a possesion reciever always makes the right plays for a first down
#22 and I wanna say #25 were also very respectable for 3 and 4 recievers!

Thanks. Any info on the defense?

What I noticed against WB is the DE’s from canton south crashed very hard on every play, that was the main reason that the WB didn’t have anywhere to run, they didn’t even care to watch out for the QB run, they won’t be able to do that this week or dukes with have a field day….

On the flip side Struthers secondary played great against LC, but Snyder is way better with his legs, Struthers cannot miss tackles this week and play great red zone defense and keep everything in front of them from the 20-20 and make CS make long sustained drives

Looks like a quality venue. Wonder why they chose to go so small with the visitors seating?
My guess is that once the visitor side has filled up, the rest will venture to the other side like they did last week against LC.
This is a good location for both schools so no one can really complain like in other threads.
Lucky for us we barely hit the Akron limits so shouldn't be any traffic delays.

Another thing to consider is the weather. If it gets bad, it could lessen the amount of fans willing to deal with the wet conditions.

And you're right, it's almost brand new and looks great. Finished in 2019. Would have preferred Ravenna, but it's better Chardon plays there. They usually end up getting the short end of the stick & driving far distances compared to their opponent.

Last edited:
Looks like a quality venue. Wonder why they chose to go so small with the visitors seating?
The old stadium had wood bleachers that were in bad shape. Visitors side might have been condemned. They replaced the visitor stands with new metal bleachers. A few years later, they built the new stadium and brought those over to save on costs.

Who are some names/numbers to watch for CS, besides Snyder?
Regular season stats per the Canton Repository:
Rushing:
Snyder - 92 - 1196 yards
Cox- 103 - 681 Yards
Culver - 85 - 486 yards

receiving
Castle - 77 - 1199 yards
Wilson - 36 - 840 yards
Pugh - 43 - 568 yards

And 2 that are not known for transfers and open enrollees, a bunch of kids who grew up there!
Not to cause a ruckus, but CS has (and has had in years past) transfers from Massillon. Not that it matters, but it is a thing.

More power to 'em. Hope they win.

My guess is that once the visitor side has filled up, the rest will venture to the other side like they did last week against LC.
This is a good location for both schools so no one can really complain like in other threads.
Lucky for us we barely hit the Akron limits so shouldn't be any traffic delays.

Another thing to consider is the weather. If it gets bad, it could lessen the amount of fans willing to deal with the wet conditions.

And you're right, it's almost brand new and looks great. Finished in 2019. Would have preferred Ravenna, but it's better Chardon plays there. They usually end up getting the short end of the stick & driving far distances compared to their opponent.
Want the weather as bad as possible. The forward pass hopefully is not possible. Monsoon conditions hopefully

I'd said Snyder is the best player on the field in this game. I think he makes the plays when CS needs them and they sneak out of Tallmadge with a win in something like a 28-21 type of game.

This game should be a great game with contrasting styles. If Struthers can control the ball and get a few stops... this game will easily swing in their favor.

It would be so cool to see Struthers get to state. I had family on W. Omar who played for the Cats. I wish they were around to see this!
Hearing you guys reminisce about relatives/friends from the past makes me think of my own relatives and good friends who too would enjoy all of this. Sadly, most of them are gone. These are folks who witnessed the Mooney game on a cold, snowy night from YSU (3-21) and a 20-0 loss to SVSM also at YSU. Those teams had some pretty awesome athletes, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
I still remember my godmother sitting in her special chair in her old house on Frank Street watching the girl's team from Columbus. (I was at the game). She told me she prayed the rosary the entire game. Obviously, it worked.

So many great memories over the years. And what's so amazing about this year is how very far they've come with just our own home-grown talent. They've definitely silenced the doubters. Talk about serious overachievers. :banana:

Regardless of the result Friday, these fine gentlemen will have definitely left their mark in Struthers for years to come.
I never imagined this team doing anything like what they've done. We all should be so very proud of them. I am.

Go Struthers!

.... as an aside, my post ended up #78 which was the year the girls won state.

Im not sure of the rushing stats total, but both Struthers RBs and the QB all had over 1000 entering week 9. Kinda crazy in this day and age of football

Vindy never has really accurate stats. Stats are done in the next couple days from the last weeks game. Saturday morning stats are rarely correct for Struthers

I just looked it up again. Prior to week 13…
Dukes - 1071
Braham - 1168
Carter - 1187

Even if those numbers are regular season only, Dukes wouldn’t have gone over 1000 until week 10.

It is possible that the Vindicator is wrong. But wouldn’t those stats have come directly from Bayuk?

Vindy never has really accurate stats. Stats are done in the next couple days from the last weeks game. Saturday morning stats are rarely correct for Struthers

Posted Nov 10, The day of last weeks game. Not the post game article, which was posted November 11 and didn’t contain any stats. The preview.

I was reading the Vindicator this morning and am confused as to why the newspaper keeps saying that Struthers is playing in its first regional title game. "Both schools are seeking their first-ever regional title. In fact, both schools are playing in a regional championship for the first time."

The first part is true. Second isn't. I was at the 1987 game at Stambaugh with Mooney playing Struthers. I could have sworn it was for the D3 Region 9 championship.

Am I wrong here?