• Struthers by 1-8

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Struthers by 9-16

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Struthers by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How exactly is he taking a cheap shot?
Don't play dumb. You do that whole "they're not really D4" garbage, implying that they're fudging their enrollment in order to win football games. Bullshrimp! Their enrollment has declined because kids in those neighborhoods are going to charter schools or moving to the suburbs. They're not the only one. Most Eastside Cleveland schools have declined in enrollment as well. So it's not some conspiracy by Ginn to game the system or whatever else you anti-Glenville dopes wanna believe. Do you think they really want declining enrollment? No! They wanna be back in D1, competing with Ed's, Mentor, GCL South, Springfield, Pick North, and the like. But until either their enrollment vastly increases or the OHSAA allows schools to play up, they're in D4.

So stop whining and deal with it!

Don't play dumb. You do that whole "they're not really D4" garbage, implying that they're fudging their enrollment in order to win football games. Bullshrimp! Their enrollment has declined because kids in those neighborhoods are going to charter schools or moving to the suburbs. They're not the only one. Most Eastside Cleveland schools have declined in enrollment as well. So it's not some conspiracy by Ginn to game the system or whatever else you anti-Glenville dopes wanna believe. Do you think they really want declining enrollment? No! They wanna be back in D1, competing with Ed's, Mentor, GCL South, Springfield, Pick North, and the like. But until either their enrollment vastly increases or the OHSAA allows schools to play up, they're in D4.

Delusional

Reactions: y2h

You realize I have no rooting interests in D-IV right? I don't have a dog in this fight.
That being said I am not afraid to speak the truth and call a spade a spade. What Glenville is doing gives them an unfair advantage over every other D-IV school, there is no disputing this fact, they are exploiting loopholes in the system to gain an unfair advantage, that is 100% fact and cannot be disputed. The only saving grace is that they are not technically cheating or doing something that is explictly not permitted, they are operating in the grey area.

By the way you have yet to answer the question which was
"How exactly is he taking a cheap shot?"
I will be anxiously awaiting your answer

Reactions: y2h
Let's see: you have X kids who attend Glenville. That's Glenville's base EMIS number. You have Y kids who attend GA but play for Glenville. They get thrown onto Glenville's base number as addbacks. Then you have all the kids who live in the Glenville zone, attend GA, and don't play football. They don't get counted at all. Those kids are as much a part of Glenville's potential talent pool as are kids who attend class at Glenville (because that's the only place they could play), but they don't get counted. So yeah, GA is a way to deflate Glenville's numbers.

If he’s patient the MAC will come calling. He seems like the kind of player you want. Dude wins games. He’s plenty big enough at 6’1” and 175.
I agree the MAC should offer him but they haven’t because he isn’t really 6’1 or 175. He might be 6’0 in his spikes and 165 after a big meal. Still, he’ll fill out and it’s crazy that none of the MAC or YSU has offered him already

I don’t know a lot about Glenville, but has it ever been discussed that they become independent in football, like Massillon or Hoban, and get out of the senate league? They haven’t lost a league game in years. I don’t see how playing teams like Cleveland Rhodes or John Adams would help them become better. Has Glenville and Massillon ever played each other?

They’re gonna get their D4 ring when realistically they should be in D2 or D3. In those 2 they would lost to Massillon/hoban and tcc. It is what it is at the end of the day but when you defend Grenville you’re just lame

They’re gonna get their D4 ring when realistically they should be in D2 or D3. In those 2 they would lost to Massillon/hoban and tcc. It is what it is at the end of the day but when you defend Grenville you’re just lame
Lol , this coming from the almighty kittens fan that lost 4 games and still validating that your team is the best ever. Comical. Go ahead, say I’m lame next. Lmao.

Glenville won their first public school football title last year in D4. The year before they lost to Ursuline in Regional Finals. Ursuline then lost to Maddie in one of the best title games ever.

Bottom line- you want to win a ring, you gotta beat a big dog somewhere along the way. Also, they’re playing in the division assigned to them by OHSAA.

PS- I’ve followed Glenville threads for last few years, some of you have an healthy fascination with this topic.

I don’t know a lot about Glenville, but has it ever been discussed that they become independent in football, like Massillon or Hoban, and get out of the senate league? They haven’t lost a league game in years. I don’t see how playing teams like Cleveland Rhodes or John Adams would help them become better. Has Glenville and Massillon ever played each other?
The district doesn't allow member schools to leave and go independent. It's not like a suburban league with high schools from different districts. The CMSD (Cleveland Municipal School District) runs the league for its member schools. Now Glenville was allowed to play two extra non-league games this year. That will continue into the future. I agree: playing schools like Rhodes, Adams, East Tech, and John Marshall don't do anything for Glenville or for those schools. I'd much rather Glenville play Massillon, Hoban, Ursuline, Ed's, Avon, Moeller, etc. But at least they have a few more non-league games in which to schedule those schools. That's the best they can do right now.

And yes, Glenville and Massillon have played before. Massillon beat them 36-14 (I think) in '96. Glenville beat Massillon in the 2009 Division I state semifinals 31-17.

Last edited:
"How exactly is he taking a cheap shot?"
I will be anxiously awaiting your answer
When you said "[t]hey (Canton South) would have a real shot if Glenville didn’t exist in d 4 (The biggest joke of all time)."

Your insinuation that Glenville is not a D4 school was the cheap shot.

When you said "[t]hey (Canton South) would have a real shot if Glenville didn’t exist in d 4 (The biggest joke of all time)."

Your insinuation that Glenville is not a D4 school was the cheap shot.
But how is it "cheap?"
Incidentially, he made a true statement

But how is it "cheap?"
Incidentially, he made a true statement
Glenville's enrollment is D4. That's not a joke. That's a fact. The OHSAA agrees. I'll take the word of Ohio's governing body of high school sports over the word of a bitter, jealous hater like you any day

Glenville's enrollment is D4. That's not a joke. That's a fact. The OHSAA agrees. I'll take the word of Ohio's governing body of high school sports over the word of a bitter, jealous hater like you any day
I never said Glenville was not D-IV
I simply said they exploit a loophole to gain an unfair advantage over every other D-IV school however I will go as far as to add that they don't deserve any accolades or credit for winning state last year or if they win this year. If they did not utilize this loophole they would either be D-II or D-III and lose to Hoban or TCC et al or they would be D-IV and not have most of their good players and would have already lost long ago.

You realize your team got smoked too right ? lol
Yah but the difference is you and a few otherslike big mouth spread had Struthers to win everything even before the season started and blasted anyone that disagreed which includes range. And then you lose 4 games and make every excuse on why you lost? 🤣 We beat you fair and square every single year and this year all I heard was how lucky we were at the end of our game. Oh yah, maybe not you but definitely spread who hides behind a keyboard and comes out to say Struthers is the greatest. Difference is we STILL own the ne8 And to top it off you didn’t even finish second this year! lol
So What about the kittens now that I broke it down? Going to put me on ignore list when the facts hurt? 😂

You realize your team got smoked too right ? lol

Yah but the difference is you and a few otherslike big mouth spread had Struthers to win everything even before the season started and blasted anyone that disagreed which includes range. And then you lose 4 games and make every excuse on why you lost? 🤣 We beat you fair and square every single year and this year all I heard was how lucky we were at the end of our game. Oh yah, maybe not you but definitely spread who hides behind a keyboard and comes out to say Struthers is the greatest. Difference is we STILL own the ne8 And to top it off you didn’t even finish second this year! lol
So What about the kittens now that I broke it down? Going to put me on ignore list when the facts hurt? 😂
You’re an idiot I said they would be 7-3 8-2 lol

Hides behind a keyboard? Do you want to meet me or something? I’m confused? I know you’re a fan but still. If you do, however, please send me your address and I will come and meet you. I will even bring an 8 x 10 autographed picture.

I picked Struthers to win the league this year. I thought that they brought enough back to win it. I sure was wrong. SR definitely surprised me. So did Poland.

Next year it will be either SR or Struthers at the top.

You’re an idiot I said they would be 7-3 8-2 lol

Hides behind a keyboard? Do you want to meet me or something? I’m confused? I know you’re a fan but still. If you do, however, please send me your address and I will come and meet you. I will even bring an 8 x 10 autographed picture.
🤣 comical now a tuff guy to go along with your Struthers kingdom.