Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Struthers by 1-8

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Struthers by 9-16

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Struthers by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When the playoff seedings were finalized my first thought was struthers makes it to the regional final and was my early pick to win it... However after watching South in person last week Poochie may be to much of a wildcard... I am hoping for a great game to watch! Not picking a winner just yet....
Yes Snyders a stud no doubt about that but struthers has the perfect offense to keep him on the bench I think that’s why they are favored by 5 points by drew pastuer

I know how good the Canton South QB is as a dual threat QB, but how many passes a game does Canton South usually throw?

It’s not impossible, but it’s a lot harder to stop a dynamic run game when they have a QB that can run extremely well, put the numbers in the offense favor. Excited for this one

Struthers will win
South struggled with a team South Range running clocked
Struthers needs to have that attitude that South hasn't seen
That means absolutely nothing at all the last last two weeks CS have been the underdog and have came out victorious. Don't sleep on CS they are a dangerous team right now playing good football. The start of the season everybody was questioning their defense now their defense is starting to become somewhat stout so I definitely wouldn't count Canton south of this game bro it's definitely going to be a good game I like both teams so I really can't choose but if I had to pick I will give South the edge rn 35-21. Hope everybody stays safe good luck both teams

That means absolutely nothing at all the last last two weeks CS have been the underdog and have came out victorious. Don't sleep on CS they are a dangerous team right now playing good football. The start of the season everybody was questioning their defense now their defense is starting to become somewhat stout so I definitely wouldn't count Canton south of this game bro it's definitely going to be a good game I like both teams so I really can't choose but if I had to pick I will give South the edge rn 35-21. Hope everybody stays safe good luck both teams
Good thing for Struthers is they faced 2 really good passing offenses so far in the playoffs with girard and lake catholic, they’ll battle and be prepared

When the playoff seedings were finalized my first thought was struthers makes it to the regional final and was my early pick to win it... However after watching South in person last week Poochie may be to much of a wildcard... I am hoping for a great game to watch! Not picking a winner just yet....
Struthers' online has been consistent all year long. Very good coaching staff that has their kids believing. It will be interesting to see what defensive adjustments they make to stop Canton South.

Good thing for Struthers is they faced 2 really good passing offenses so far in the playoffs with girard and lake catholic, they’ll battle and be prepared
Yes, but they haven't faced a true legitimate dual threat QB this year I think. So that will be a new challenge. The Girard QB was mostly all pass.

I know how good the Canton South QB is as a dual threat QB, but how many passes a game does Canton South usually throw?
Against WB he was 21-30 for 233 yards, no interceptions and 22 rushes for 142 yards. A lot of those 22 rushes were scrambles on pass plays, that's what make him dangerous, WB did everything right on some plays and he would take off for a first down. A lot of heartbreaking plays. But he also will stay in the pocket, take a hit and deliver a strike

Last edited:
The kid has a lot of experience and can hurt you if you take someone out pass coverge- but I do think Struthers has the type or team to win this game.. canton south had long time consuming drives against WB, not really big plays. A perfect game plan. This will be a fun one.
Struthers has had success the last 3 weeks getting pressure only rushing 3/4 without blitzing if they’re able to do that they’re gonna be in good shape. One thing about Struthers is they all rally to the ball, and they hit with everything the LC QB took some very big shots on Friday night props to that kid for keep getting up

Struthers has had success the last 3 weeks getting pressure only rushing 3/4 without blitzing if they’re able to do that they’re gonna be in good shape. One thing about Struthers is they all rally to the ball, and they hit with everything the LC QB took some very big shots on Friday night props to that kid for keep getting up
South's running back is good too, he is a very big running back. I think he's 220-230 and runs hard. He broke about a 30 yard TD against WB and looked fast

All of them (haha).

He's actually not a true "dual threat" in that they want to run him a certain amount during the game. But if he catches you in man with the db running away from him on a roll out - look out. If you sit in zone to defend the flat he'll run to that edge hard just as the wr is streaking past your safety & launch it.

As many have said, Struthers has the offense to keep the ball away from CS. CS's defense is playing better now than at any point during the season so should be a heckuva game.

Assuming that parking will be the same as the regular season, here is the parking:

1. Main Parking Lot
2. Softball Parking Lot
3. Rec Center (Overflow)
4. Methodist Church (Not sure if they will be allowing parking for playoffs)
H. Handicap Parking

Parking in 1 & 3 and the bottom H, you will be coming in at the South gate at field level
Parking in 2 and the top H, you will come in at the 50 yard line above the home stands.
Parking in 4, depends which way you go. There is a baseball field in the big open field directly between that lot at the football field. Go to the North of the field and you will come in the 50 yard line gate. Go to the Southside, you will come into the South Gate.

1699835962532.png

Struthers fans will be coming in on East Ave. Since they are the visitors, the East Ave entrance is the best option. Canton South Fans will be coming in on Munroe Road. If lots 2 and 4 are open, they will be your best bet as you will come in the gate and walk down the steps to your seats.

The visitor stands aren't real big at Tallmadge. Just depends how many fans Struthers brings. You can see the picture here:

1699836837701.png

Home stands have chairbacks in the yellow sections above. They are very good seats. Tallmadge's stands are very steep on the home side. Good view from high in the stands if you prefer sitting high.

I’ll add on for local food options for anyone coming in early.

Closest to the stadium is all of the businesses out in Brimfield Township, which is exit 31 off of I-76 (according to Google this is where Struthers will be getting off, this would be one exit past where Canton South would be being told to exit by Google). Lots of chain fast food and Applebees, local recommendation would be The Basement, regional chain that’s at the very back of the plaza by Kohls.

If you come into town there’s a handful of local stuff on the circle, all 5-10 minutes from the stadium. Danny Boys/The Firehouse, Tres Potrillos, West Ave. Tavern would be the main ones, plus a few fast food and smaller things. Sammie’s is on South Ave. but is a little more out of the way.

Mike’s Place in Kent is also probably only 10 minutes from the stadium or a hair less, but they will be slammed, guaranteed.

Last edited:
I’ll add on for local food options for anyone coming in early.

Closest to the stadium is all of the businesses out in Brimfield Township, which is exit 31 off of I-76 (according to Google this is where Struthers will be getting off, this would be one exit past where Canton South would be being told to exit by Google). Lots of chain fast food and Applebees, local recommendation would be The Basement, regional chain that’s at the very back of the plaza by Kohls.

If you come into town there’s a handful of local stuff on the circle, all 5-10 minutes from the stadium. Danny Boys/The Firehouse, Tres Potrillos, West Ave. Tavern would be the main ones, plus a few fast food and smaller things. Sammie’s is on South Ave. but is a little more out of the way.
Thanks for looking out. Is the drive in just off the circle still open? You got me thinking of those coney dogs I used to get there. Would order 3 and usually end up wearing the better part of 1 of them.
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

Thanks for looking out. Is the drive in just off the circle still open? You got me thinking of those coney dogs I used to get there. Would order 3 and usually end up wearing the better part of 1 of them.
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF
It’s for sale if you want to buy it, lol

They gave up the A&W branding and tried it on their own before I ever moved here, which was 2020. I think 2021 was their last year. They opened for about a month, and the owner essentially threw a hissy fit that high schoolers were going and getting jobs that paid better elsewhere and closed instead of paying everyone something more than minimum wage. Tried using all of the tired excuses of the time like claiming they were all just sitting at home collecting enhanced unemployment - no, they just went somewhere that paid more than $4.50 an hour tipped wage.

The one in Kent is closed til Spring too I think.

The

The way Struthers fans act in the stands it might be a good idea lmao
When I usually go back home for games I sit on the visitor's side because it rarely gets full. Plus, I go early and get a 50-yard line seat which is superb. Another plus is you can see and hear the Cat fans when we score. Quite exhilarating to say the least.
But God, the sun blasting you in the face for at least the first quarter is a bit too much to take.

And just exactly what are you insinuating? That Wildcat fans are hooligans and/or undesirable folks?
No wonder you went on the LC side.
:p:p(n)

As I said above I think Struthers has the style of offense that can keep South's offense off the field but it goes without saying that if Struthers cannot execute and run the ball this game has the potential to become a blow out. After watching Buchtel have success running the ball wide against South I thought WB would be able to duplicate that with Mr. Mulinix. Wrong! South's defensive front was much quicker than WB's OL and beat them to the spot of the attack all night long. WB could not block them and as a result South pretty much shut down a very good offense. Struthers' OL has been a strength of the team this season and that will have to continue if they are to have a chance in this game. Good luck to both teams.

GO CATS! The red ones. :)

Who are some names/numbers to watch for CS, besides Snyder?
They have a very nice running back in Rome Cox #9 he is big and runs well for his size..
They have about 4 recievers who can all make plays and can find open spots in the zone (which is why WB shoulda tried some man) when Poochie breaks contain.
#3 Tavon Castle is his go to.. quick,atheltic, good hands
#1 Pugh is probably his number 2 reminds me of more of a possesion reciever always makes the right plays for a first down
#22 and I wanna say #25 were also very respectable for 3 and 4 recievers!

As I said above I think Struthers has the style of offense that can keep South's offense off the field but it goes without saying that if Struthers cannot execute and run the ball this game has the potential to become a blow out. After watching Buchtel have success running the ball wide against South I thought WB would be able to duplicate that with Mr. Mulinix. Wrong! South's defensive front was much quicker than WB's OL and beat them to the spot of the attack all night long. WB could not block them and as a result South pretty much shut down a very good offense. Struthers' OL has been a strength of the team this season and that will have to continue if they are to have a chance in this game. Good luck to both teams.

GO CATS! The red ones. :)
I agree with South being quicker than WB on the line , but I would still encourage Struthers to test the outside . I have watched the first half of the WB game 5 times now and other than the first play of the game to the short side, WB never tested the edges . Mullinix bounced it outside numerous times but they were all interior runs initially. If you’re going to limit your running game to that small patch of turf between the tackles with a small back and an immobile qb , defenses with no worry of containment, you are going to wind up and attack you like a pack of wild dogs.

Last edited: