PAC 2023

Stizostedion

You don't add a private to replace private you just kicked out, especially one that could see a huge influx in attendance in the upcoming years with the unrest at Aquinas
Getting rid of CVCA did not make sense for the strength of the league. This is not about the senseless whims of the league members who are afraid of competition. Adding CCC makes competitive sense. Adding Mogadore makes competitive sense. Because some schools are afraid of competition does not change that.

Raylan_Givens

Getting rid of CVCA did not make sense for the strength of the league. This is not about the senseless whims of the league members who are afraid of competition. Adding CCC makes competitive sense. Adding Mogadore makes competitive sense. Because some schools are afraid of competition does not change that.
Stitz- this, for me, is the best/ most accurate post you’ve ever made. Until the participants of The Blue Cup hit puberty & their boy parts drop, the PAC is very likely to vote scared on who they let in.

ShootNation

Stitz- this, for me, is the best/ most accurate post you’ve ever made. Until the participants of The Blue Cup hit puberty & their boy parts drop, the PAC is very likely to vote scared on who they let in.
Always weird the large teams in the conference want to talk down to the small programs. The EBC is looking to add members, why doesn't Northwest go join back in with their old pals and get the boost in competition they want? Remember, these small schools are the same ones that just voted in the current largest member of the conference less than two years ago. It's not insane that the public D5-D6 portion of the conference with under 500 students in their building would want to add someone of a similar makeup to their conference, it's about more than just football

Raylan_Givens

Always weird the large teams in the conference want to talk down to the small programs. The EBC is looking to add members, why doesn't Northwest go join back in with their old pals and get the boost in competition they want? Remember, these small schools are the same ones that just voted in the current largest member of the conference less than two years ago. It's not insane that the public D5-D6 portion of the conference with under 500 students in their building would want to add someone of a similar makeup to their conference, it's about more than just football
I'm not affiliated with any schools in the conference. Friends with lots of folks who work in league schools though. My point was that Fairless led the charge to get CVCA out of the conference & Tuslaw, well we all saw how Tuslaw admin felt about competition in dropping the Dalton game.

I'm not admonishing those entire districts (and apologies if it came across that way). But those 2 administrations drop a 50+ year old back yard rivalry with a smaller school & lead the charge to kick out CVCA. Reminds me of the country lyric "if you look and listen close enough, a man will tell you who he is"

Mr. Red Raider

When is CVCA supposed to leave the PAC-7? I think they would be the best bet for the Metro Conference. If they would replace a team, Cloverleaf has to be the odd team out travel-wise.

CasualFan24

I'm not affiliated with any schools in the conference. Friends with lots of folks who work in league schools though. My point was that Fairless led the charge to get CVCA out of the conference & Tuslaw, well we all saw how Tuslaw admin felt about competition in dropping the Dalton game.

I'm not admonishing those entire districts (and apologies if it came across that way). But those 2 administrations drop a 50+ year old back yard rivalry with a smaller school & lead the charge to kick out CVCA. Reminds me of the country lyric "if you look and listen close enough, a man will tell you who he is"
Hmm....do they play this before or after Ring of Fire?

Rich Kotite

2022-01-19.jpg
The boys down at The Elms clubhouse in the vast western Massillon suburbs are 70 years past puberty. Right now they heard some scuttlebutt about social security cuts coming out of Congress and they're hoppin' mad. Adding schools to the PAC is low on the priority list for this old guard of the Mustangs (and Tigers).

Not wanting to affiliate with private schools does not equal scared of competition.

Raylan_Givens

Not wanting to affiliate with private schools does not equal scared of competition.
No, but dropping Dalton sure sounds like being scared of competition. And telling CVCA "you guys are good in every sport" & "you keep winning the all sports trophy" does as well.

BTW - you don't have to believe those quotes, but ask someone who sat in the league meetings last fall before the move was announced. If they're honest they'll tell you who said it. Cue the Johnny Cash . . .

Rich Kotite

No, but dropping Dalton sure sounds like being scared of competition.

Because only The Bleu Cup matters. There shall be no other rivalry ever. Ever. Dalton? Pffffft. The ladies in those minivans with those horseshoe static stickers in the back window believe in The Bleu Cup and so should you!

And telling CVCA "you guys are good in every sport" & "you keep winning the all sports trophy" does as well.

I have no problem being at 7 schools but at this point what was the point of asking CVCA to leave other than to water down the league? I realize CVCA is a fine Christian school and the language around Koach's fence was spicier than a coney dog at Rusty Railz Tavern which might have offended CVCA but we coulda kept them around.

The Infidel

Because only The Bleu Cup matters. There shall be no other rivalry ever. Ever. Dalton? Pffffft. The ladies in those minivans with those horseshoe static stickers in the back window believe in The Bleu Cup and so should you!

I have no problem being at 7 schools but at this point what was the point of asking CVCA to leave other than to water down the league? I realize CVCA is a fine Christian school and the language around Koach's fence was spicier than a coney dog at Rusty Railz Tavern which might have offended CVCA but we coulda kept them around.

Great place. That's actually in Northwest Indian Territory.

Rich Kotite

FYI - Mick's Fencing from New Franklin now has a fence installation special. Buy one Koach France Fan Profanity Fence, get the second Pappas Soundproof fence at 80% off!

TopCat

Something on which I can agree with you! I've been in the minority, but I've advocated for years for adding Canton Central Catholic to the PAC. I've also recently thought it would make a lot of sense to add Mogadore, if that opportunity presented itself. League strength would automatically improve with the addition of either or both schools.

Raylan_Givens

Something on which I can agree with you! I've been in the minority, but I've advocated for years for adding Canton Central Catholic to the PAC. I've also recently thought it would make a lot of sense to add Mogadore, if that opportunity presented itself. League strength would automatically improve with the addition of either or both schools.
For me CCC is the answer. I know they’re private but the “you’re getting too big” issue some have w/ CVCA is not a concern w/ CCC (The campus limits that). They also likely be the smallest school in the league on a regular basis so that could diminish the big bad parochial school spectre

Mogadore would be great for football but not sure the appeal for the rest of the sports exceeds the impact of travel.

We here all love football but these administrators have to balance the books and diesel prices aren’t going down anytime soon. Don’t be surprised if thy end up going with the easiest(aka- cheapest) option.

cuyahogacuse

B32EBC96-1ECD-4513-9BE4-C07A2FFB42A1.jpeg
Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

ball 4

For me CCC is the answer. I know they’re private but the “you’re getting too big” issue some have w/ CVCA is not a concern w/ CCC (The campus limits that). They also likely be the smallest school in the league on a regular basis so that could diminish the big bad parochial school spectre

Mogadore would be great for football but not sure the appeal for the rest of the sports exceeds the impact of travel.

We here all love football but these administrators have to balance the books and diesel prices aren’t going down anytime soon. Don’t be surprised if thy end up going with the easiest(aka- cheapest) option.
There is meeting of Portage County schools in several weeks about expansion with schools from another conference.

BTN_12

I'm interested to see Northwest in 2023. Having Miraglia back will be really nice....Does Badger get more comfortable at QB, can they develop a more balanced passing attack? Is there a better option at QB, can Badger play WR? 4 or 5 new starters of the O-line.....lots of questions marks there...
Very valid questions. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.