Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

Actually we were sitting having dinner in Bruges next to a couple from South Africa, and the guy tries to engage me on Drumpf/Uncle Joe, who is better/worse etc. I was like "dude...I'm on vacation." 🤣
^^^^
This is the way. It's deflect, listen or war. If I'm on vacation...

When traveling it's easier to just accept they're over focused on us. I give no opinions on us nor on them. The ones I hate are the fellow American "apologizers." I will make them feel small. As far as non-Americans, sometimes letting them have their say results in a friend. If they get too derogatory or look like they're going to drone on, I remind them a bit about their own country, cuz I'm good on that topic.

Actually we were sitting having dinner in Bruges next to a couple from South Africa, and the guy tries to engage me on Drumpf/Uncle Joe, who is better/worse etc. I was like "dude...I'm on vacation." 🤣
Dude was thinking, "effing Americans don't give a about anything". But then he thought about it a little longer and surmised that you probably also are then not posting on the debate forum, hence you must not be a liberal.

Lots of electic mowers in the neighborhood. I'll keep my Honda, 7 years of first pull starts. It is amazing and I hope I don't jinx it. On the other hand the batter powered Ryobi leaf blower and edger are amazing. I'll bet they catch on eventually. Mowers aren't there yet, imo
I think within the next few years you'll see the change. I know when I was looking the stores were about half and half, gas/ electric mowers. They are becoming more popular. My old mower was 5-6 years old and started on the first pull, but there were just some smaller things starting to go wrong with it and it was time for a change.

I think within the next few years you'll see the change. I know when I was looking the stores were about half and half, gas/ electric mowers. They are becoming more popular. My old mower was 5-6 years old and started on the first pull, but there were just some smaller things starting to go wrong with it and it was time for a change.
Small things? I think you were just looking for a reason, be honest you just wanted a new one and electric was its name. Mine is not mowers but vehicles 4 or 5 years old nothing wrong I just get the urge to own a new one. Right now I own a 2018 and the lack of new vehicles on the lots just might make this one I have a keeper for a few more years anyway.

I am betting you missed your chance to hear how people outside the states think.. Back in 1985 on Holiday in Germany a wonderful young German couple asked me what did I think of President Reagan. Loaded question so I reversed told him I need him to tell me first what he though of him and then I would tell him honestly what my thoughts were. He told me he did not like Reagan's South American foreign policy. I would have never guess that response. I then told him I was pleased that under Reagan our inflation had dropped way down which made my life much better I then got to tell him how I could understand his point and I hope he understood mine. We wished each other well and left with good feelings and understanding of each view.

Love the movie.

Small things? I think you were just looking for a reason, be honest you just wanted a new one and electric was its name. Mine is not mowers but vehicles 4 or 5 years old nothing wrong I just get the urge to own a new one. Right now I own a 2018 and the lack of new vehicles on the lots just might make this one I have a keeper for a few more years anyway.
I have a 2014 Toyota Rav and it's got another 150,000 miles to go - at least! A good mower is $500 or less. They are meant to be disposable.

I have a 2014 Toyota Rav and it's got another 150,000 miles to go - at least! A good mower is $500 or less. They are meant to be disposable.
Got married in 1970 and bought a new mower to cut our lawn after at least five years that wonderful mower burned a valve and quit running. Told my dad and he says I will bring you a old mower I have it still run fine and will mow your gas until you fine what you want. The mower he brought me was 21 inch mower that was bought in 1956 and mowed his large yard for many years until the self propel transmission boke and he had to fix, push only or replace. My dad replaced I pushed it for several years on my lawn and when I threw it out for the new one it still was running fine. You are right mowers are disposable. By the way the mower was so old parts to fix the transmission were not available.

The other day my wife and I went to a yard sale up the street. I saw a yearbook from the school where my mother had taught for one year following her college graduation in 1945, The book was from 1945-46 and contained 3 pictures of her. I forked over the 50 cents.
Sometimes you have to over pay to get something you find and really want. Great find!!!!!

20180323_102210.jpg

Bought a used Toro mower at an auction several years ago. The mower is over 30 years old and I abuse the h*** out of it. Use it to mow down all the overgrown areas and flower beds. Still starts on the first pull every time. I can't kill it.

Bought a used Toro mower at an auction several years ago. The mower is over 30 years old and I abuse the h*** out of it. Use it to mow down all the overgrown areas and flower beds. Still starts on the first pull every time. I can't kill it.
Toro needs to hire you to do a commercial for them.

Gonna hit my million mile mark on Delta on the 26th, which will net me a sweet backpack, a gift card and some luggage tags that I probably won’t ever use lol.
How much money was spent by you or your employer to get those wonderful free gifts that you might or might not ever use. Hope you have a closet with a little storage for those items.

Had a decent lunch today with four high school buddies and four other old guys. at the Nulltown Country Kitchen in Nulltown, Indiana, alongside the scenic Whtewater Valley Railroad, the Whitewater Canal, and the Whitewater River. For some reason, the waitress, upon serving us our food, immediately started asking if we wanted to-go cups. A good time was has by all without the need to contact either Art or Dale.
1665613044025.png

What wonderful and not so wonderful weekend of sports for my 13 year old grand daughter. The softball team had a bad weekend could not get their bats to come alive and had a error problem in the field. Just not normal so after four games and a 1 win and 3 losses they were on their way home. Also the good during the week end she played a league game for the soccer team she plays on. They played the team that had not been beaten and had allowed only two goals in league play. My granddaughters's team already had one loss in the league and came out and played this undefeated team and play they did. Final score they gave that undefeated team their first loss beating them 4 to 1. If you love sports and a granddaughter like I do this was a happy and sad weekend. Weather a little cool in the morning but other than that great time spent.

Last edited:
What wonderful and not so wonderful weekend of sports for my 13 year old grand daughter. The softball team had a bad weekend could not get their bats to come alive and had a error problem in the field. Just not normal so after four games and a 1 win and 3 losses they were on their way home. Also the good during the week end she played a league game for the soccer team she plays on. They played the team that had not been beaten and had allowed only two goals in league play. My granddaughters's team already had one loss in the league and came out and played this undefeated team and play they did. Final score they gave that undefeated team their first loss beating them 4 to 1. If you love sports and a granddaughter like I do this was a happy and sad weekend. Weather a little cool in the morning but other than that great time spent.
Just got aa report that at this time my grand daughter's soccer team has moved into first place. I want you to know this is not just the local community leagues but both soccer and softball are both select teams

Last edited:
I am betting you missed your chance to hear how people outside the states think.. Back in 1985 on Holiday in Germany a wonderful young German couple asked me what did I think of President Reagan. Loaded question so I reversed told him I need him to tell me first what he though of him and then I would tell him honestly what my thoughts were. He told me he did not like Reagan's South American foreign policy. I would have never guess that response. I then told him I was pleased that under Reagan our inflation had dropped way down which made my life much better I then got to tell him how I could understand his point and I hope he understood mine. We wished each other well and left with good feelings and understanding of each view.
B.T.

before Twitter