Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

So they were not some borrowed tool? If I borrow a tool that is the one I will breck the handle or the tool. I have bad luck when I borrow.
Not borrowed. This idiot leaves them outside in weather leaning against the house because he's too lazy to walk back and forth to/from the tool shed. ?

I have a smaller (auto) shed at the back of the drive and a utility room, but using them would make too much sense. Might build a "tool closet". Nah.....

Last edited:
This is equally positive and frustrating.

Have had issues the last 3 summers starting my mower with the pull start. I have taken it apart easily 20 times. Pull rope broke, spring not catching, not recoiling, coil came undone, etc etc etc. It was a sense of frustration that I was looking into getting a new one.

FInally.....the coil actual snapped so I was forced to replace the pull system with the spring, wheel, cord, casing, etc. Cost me like 20 bucks. No big deal (reminds me, I need to cancel my Prime membership as I joined to get free two day shipping). Took maybe 20 minutes to replace today and now........

It starts on teh first pull for the first time in like 5 years. So freeing, and frustrating, that why didnt I do that in the first place!!!

Related topic...over the years I wondered if all the work I put on my yard was worth it. Raking all the thrash twice a year, fertilizing spring, summer and fall, pulling of any and all weeds. This spring was gone for 6 weeks and didnt have the chance to do what I normally do this spring and well.......i now know all the work was worth it and will start it back up.

The boy was telling me this summer, 'you're yard is falling behind the MAC standard' and I concurred and just responded I was trying to fit in more with the locals.....but in reality it bugs the hell outta me how it looks.

Have had issues the last 3 summers starting my mower with the pull start. I have taken it apart easily 20 times. Pull rope broke, spring not catching, not recoiling, coil came undone, etc etc etc. It was a sense of frustration that I was looking into getting a new one.

FInally.....the coil actual snapped so I was forced to replace the pull system with the spring, wheel, cord, casing, etc. Cost me like 20 bucks. No big deal (reminds me, I need to cancel my Prime membership as I joined to get free two day shipping). Took maybe 20 minutes to replace today and now........

It starts on teh first pull for the first time in like 5 years. So freeing, and frustrating, that why didnt I do that in the first place!!!

Related topic...over the years I wondered if all the work I put on my yard was worth it. Raking all the thrash twice a year, fertilizing spring, summer and fall, pulling of any and all weeds. This spring was gone for 6 weeks and didnt have the chance to do what I normally do this spring and well.......i now know all the work was worth it and will start it back up.

The boy was telling me this summer, 'you're yard is falling behind the MAC standard' and I concurred and just responded I was trying to fit in more with the locals.....but in reality it bugs the hell outta me how it looks.

Pee Wee lawn care. Learn from the big boys.

Got breakfast from a local Mexican bakery/restaurant, got a panes which is just Spanish for bread but it’s black beans, rice, eggs, queso, crema in a fluffy piece of bread. Now I’m eating it on the covered part of the deck at my lake house listening to the much needed rainstorm come through.

When the winds, the weather are just right, and the bugs get blown in, we'll get thousands of swallows feasting. Sometimes it's the neighbor behind, or next door or a nearby park. Today it was our turn.

When you see those outer space fights with all the tie fighters, imagine being in the middle of that. They are that thick. It looks random at first. Groups of three will make a run, then another group and another group. Others packs on different paths, darting and tight swoops. Feet from your head but never touching. Watching them zoom through trees or chain link fences makes me wish I could be one for an hour. One year it was so think, it looked like someone waving a football field sized blanket over head. I've thought about throwing bread balls up in the air to see if they'd get caught but decided that was too much me trying to play master of the domain. Can't stand those people. Ill sit on the ground and read a book, while they fly around me.

There are people that can just pour liquid down their throat and not do the swallow thing. I had a cousin that could do that when she was young. she left almost al full glass of milk and her mother complained about not drinking it and my cousin picked up the glass and poured the milk down never taking a swallow.

There are people that can just pour liquid down their throat and not do the swallow thing. I had a cousin that could do that when she was young. she left almost al full glass of milk and her mother complained about not drinking it and my cousin picked up the glass and poured the milk down never taking a swallow.
My mind went into the gutter.

Offer placed and accepted last week on a house in Cincy. Wedding anniversary was Wednesday. Inspection came back today with some minor issues but nothing major. Happy hour at 5 with some expensive bubbly and some fat filets on the grill a couple hours after with a fine bottle of red to celebrate the move back to the Buckeye State and fun as hell first 3 years of marriage.

Bittersweet to leave Arkansas. I can’t speak for the rest of the state but NWA is awesome. I’ll look back very fondly on my time here.

Trying something out for the Wife

Screenshot_20220918_105950.jpg

I just learned that Seth Dillon runs the Babylon Bee site which is the funniest fake news site on the internet next to CNN.

Got back on Friday from 2 weeks in Europe. Had a most excellent time. ✌️
Did you have any meet and greet time with the locals? What is their take on inflation and how do they think winter and the cost of heating will effect them?

My normal gas mower was on the slow die the last few years, and getting it serviced (I'm obviously not as gifted and patient as you with fixing things), so the back wheels finally broke in April - as I was going to mow. So I decided to get a new one. My yard is not big so I've always had the walk behinds. So this time I got an electric. One of the E-Go's. Pretty nice so far. A little quieter, only beef is my battery dies about 10-15 minutes before I'm done, so I have to recharge to finish up later - I just knock out my trimming then.

As far as what my lawn looks like? Heck as long as it's cut, I really don't care and in my neighborhood, it appears most others don't either. It's funny how some pockets of neighbors it becomes a friendly competition. 🤣

My normal gas mower was on the slow die the last few years, and getting it serviced (I'm obviously not as gifted and patient as you with fixing things), so the back wheels finally broke in April - as I was going to mow. So I decided to get a new one. My yard is not big so I've always had the walk behinds. So this time I got an electric. One of the E-Go's. Pretty nice so far. A little quieter, only beef is my battery dies about 10-15 minutes before I'm done, so I have to recharge to finish up later - I just knock out my trimming then.

As far as what my lawn looks like? Heck as long as it's cut, I really don't care and in my neighborhood, it appears most others don't either. It's funny how some pockets of neighbors it becomes a friendly competition. 🤣
Lots of electic mowers in the neighborhood. I'll keep my Honda, 7 years of first pull starts. It is amazing and I hope I don't jinx it. On the other hand the batter powered Ryobi leaf blower and edger are amazing. I'll bet they catch on eventually. Mowers aren't there yet, imo

Did you have any meet and greet time with the locals? What is their take on inflation and how do they think winter and the cost of heating will effect them?

Actually we were sitting having dinner in Bruges next to a couple from South Africa, and the guy tries to engage me on Drumpf/Uncle Joe, who is better/worse etc. I was like "dude...I'm on vacation." 🤣