Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

Just thought i would report that I just got to mark off two things on my long bucket list of this I want to do. I crossed the Ohio river by taking a ferry. I asked the boat worker if I could get a discount for being a repeat customer and then told him My parents and I crossed using this ferry service in either 1953 or54. He just let out a chuckle. Asked me my last name and told me he did not remember us crossing and he does not forget anyone that uses the service. I told him we did it in a 1950 ford. light beige in color. Still did not remember. I then drove along the Ohio river on the Ky side, using routes 8 and 10, beautiful color. Crossed back into Ohio by bridge into Portsmouth and had a early dinner at the Scioto Ribber Restaurant which took another item off the bucket list. On the remainder of the ride home my wife questioned why the color in Ohio did not come close to that in KY. Time of day is my only guess. If you do not know what the Ribber is know for it is their steaks, ribeye or NY strip in two sizes small 16oz or large 32oz.

Last edited:
Just thought i would report that I just got to mark out two things on my long bucket list of this I want to do. I crossed the Ohio river by taking a ferry. I asked the boat worker if I could get a discount for being a repeat customer and then told him My parents and I crossed using this ferry service in either 1953 or54. He just let out a chuckle. Asked me my last name and told me he did not remember us crossing and he does not forget anyone that uses the service. I told him we did it in a 1950 ford. light beige in color. Still did not remember. drove along the Ohio river on the Ky side, using routes 8 and 10, beautiful color. Crossed back into Ohio by bridge into Portsmouth and had a early dinner at the Scioto Ribber Restaurant which took another item off the bucket list. On the remainder of the ride home my wife questioned why the color in Ohio did not come close to that in KY.
Nice! What is your age again?

Saved the cost of buying a switch timer and the hassle of programming/re-programming by buying dusk-to-dawn sensor LED floodlights for the front porch. Was skeptical as the bulbs are in cans in the overhang, but working great for the past three days.

Positive...with a negative.
Hit the lake the last three days and took advantage of the good weather. Saw some Bald Eagles.....'Murica' but then scheduled to have it taken out and stored for the winter.

"Til next year lake life....till next year.

Recently had my 14th and 15th successful exit from a perfectly good airplane and was offered an invitation to jump a few times in North Carolina in a few weeks.

At some point this may catch up with me so I think I may pass on that, but we shall see!
Where do you normally exit this perfectly good airplane?

I just received some good news that slow boat from China has finally made it and a part I have wanted to buy for almost a year will be in the warehouse in Illinois on the 28th of this month and will be delivered to my house sometime early Dec. My wood shop remodel can now begin.

I just received some good news that slow boat from China has finally made it and a part I have wanted to buy for almost a year will be in the warehouse in Illinois on the 28th of this month and will be delivered to my house sometime early Dec. My wood shop remodel can now begin.
Pm me if you're looking for any additional equipment. Dad's stuff has been sitting for 3 years. Nice Rockwell table saw.

Pm me if you're looking for any additional equipment. Dad's stuff has been sitting for 3 years. Nice Rockwell table saw.
After almost losing my left thumb when a board kicked back and put my thumb into the running blade I am the proud owner of a Saw Stop table saw. My wife demanded this. I will be honest there are still some tools I would like to have but my shop is over crowded now and I spending time and money trying to redesign it to make more room with out building a whole new shop at my old age.

Just thought I would reportt that I am still waiting for my part I order to be shipped. They promise me it is in the warehouse and that they are just so behind in shipping and my turn has not arrived yet.

Schitts Creek Wow GIF by CBC

I would like to up date this. I ordered this part on Nov 17 2022 with the promise of it being in the warehouse on the 28th of Nov and shipped as out to me soon as possible. It is now Jan 5th 2023 and after several phone calls and broken promises I have been informed the item is on the UPS truck and is heading east soon to be at my house. Anyone want to bet that this item I have wanted for over a year will arrive damaged?

Bills player Demar Hamlin has been awake, has made remarkable progress the last few days and at least right now, it appears he may be ok. Praise the Lord!

I would like to up date this. I ordered this part on Nov 17 2022 with the promise of it being in the warehouse on the 28th of Nov and shipped as out to me soon as possible. It is now Jan 5th 2023 and after several phone calls and broken promises I have been informed the item is on the UPS truck and is heading east soon to be at my house. Anyone want to bet that this item I have wanted for over a year will arrive damaged?
Your story is very common today. Cross your fingers