2023 TRC football

Just tell us that your either one of the coaches already. All your comments on this situation are almost unreadable. You clearly have NO idea what you're talking about. They have no team!! Good coaches will lose with bad players - Bad coaches will win with good ones. If their are NO kids and continually getting worse over 3 seasons, the issue is clearly at the top. Ridgemont has won like 10 games in 10 years. And they still field a team every season. Why you may ask - because the last few coaches have treated kids well and gave them something to buy into and also gave them some sense of security. This Morgan guy has no business working with kids - or at least coaching them. @Allsports1 , you need to retire from this thread if you have nothing but absolute tomfoolery to provide.

Oh yes, continue to blame the kids. You are such and inspiration.

I guess the rest of us are wrong and must accept that there is something Inherently wrong with all the kids born between 2005 and 2008 in the 45318 zip code… how unfortunate :’(
the rest of you? do you mean the 5 people on here that only talk crap just because a few agree with you don't mean your right and your about the only one that comes hard at the coach. might be you have a personal problem with him. only thing you can say is its coaches fault. your a waste of my time so really anything you post i will just skip over. I can tell you know it all maybe you can be their next coach.

the rest of you? do you mean the 5 people on here that only talk crap just because a few agree with you don't mean your right and your about the only one that comes hard at the coach. might be you have a personal problem with him. only thing you can say is its coaches fault. your a waste of my time so really anything you post i will just skip over. I can tell you know it all maybe you can be their next coach.
It’s a pretty low bar, probably could lol

It’s a pretty low bar, probably could lol
wow all Covington coaches must be bad. Looks like a lot of their boy sports are down from the past with wins and numbers. basketball Wrestling track baseball. is that the football coaches fault?

Last edited:
I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. I am guessing Covington is going through a down cycle of male athletes, and at the same time the coach has done something to turn away kids. Not a good combination.

The question most posters on here don't know the answer to is: Is Coach Morgan doing things the right way and kids aren't rising to the challenge? or is he doing something wrong that is turning kids away from the program? 99% of us don't know that answer, so we really don't know what to think. We just see a once proud program reduced to losing transfers to Bradford and wish for better for them. I hope they get things back on track.

Was told that that Covington was in the upper 20s this year. With 22 freshman. What hit me about those numbers was last year that had 23 players with 3 seniors.

So that mean of the 20 kids that were left, around 5 are playing again….? So he they lost their whole team for the 3rd year in a row!
Wow

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. I am guessing Covington is going through a down cycle of male athletes, and at the same time the coach has done something to turn away kids. Not a good combination.

The question most posters on here don't know the answer to is: Is Coach Morgan doing things the right way and kids aren't rising to the challenge? or is he doing something wrong that is turning kids away from the program? 99% of us don't know that answer, so we really don't know what to think. We just see a once proud program reduced to losing transfers to Bradford and wish for better for them. I hope they get things back on track.
I agree with you a lot of things happen new coach new league hit a down few years. and in my opinion about 2 years they will be good again 10-0 good no clue. i feel that way if they fire Morgan or keep him.

You know what all those teams had… varsity schedules 🤩
they played a varsity schedule last year. they should have played a JV schedules they had 20 some kids they just didn't want to get them hurt. what i hear they talked to the other teams both agreed to cancel the games. They got to schedule games that the kids could compete in. Minster, Ft.Loramie, west Milton really didn't want to play, their kids would have had to be pulled early. but you know everything so maybe next time they can call you and ask what should they do.

they played a varsity schedule last year. they should have played a JV schedules they had 20 some kids they just didn't want to get them hurt. what i hear they talked to the other teams both agreed to cancel the games. They got to schedule games that the kids could compete in. Minster, Ft.Loramie, west Milton really didn't want to play, their kids would have had to be pulled early. but you know everything so maybe next time they can call you and ask what should they do.
I’ll be waiting next to the phone 🫡

I can’t remember if people posted about scrimmages. Any info on that? I think Covington has a 3-way with Graham and Tri-Village
Not sure on the scrimmages. I usually don't take much away from first scrimmages as they are usually ran more like a practice and are meant more to get a feel of how the kids respond to hitting and playing against someone in a different color jersey. The preview scrimmages I think give you a better glimpse of what a team will look like the rest of the year.

If anyone has any info on the scrimmages please share. Would like to catch a few to see how the league will shake out this year.

Not sure on the scrimmages. I usually don't take much away from first scrimmages as they are usually ran more like a practice and are meant more to get a feel of how the kids respond to hitting and playing against someone in a different color jersey. The preview scrimmages I think give you a better glimpse of what a team will look like the rest of the year.

If anyone has any info on the scrimmages please share. Would like to catch a few to see how the league will shake out this year.
I agree. The Jamborees are way more informative. I was more interested in those anyway

Ok thanks for making my point. Some just get on here to talk bad about others. If that’s all you have to do is trash the coach then I think you need a new hobby. Best of luck to you l. I hope you have a great day.
This is why coaches aren't supposed to get on an anonymous public forum. All your gonna do is piss yourself off trying to defend yourself. Lmao. Maybe spend more time trying to figure out how to fix your team and less time worrying about your image.

This is why coaches aren't supposed to get on an anonymous public forum. All your gonna do is piss yourself off trying to defend yourself. Lmao. Maybe spend more time trying to figure out how to fix your team and less time worrying about your image.
Well, just to clear it up I don’t coach. Just a fan of all sports and get tired of hearing people blame everything on a coach.

Well, just to clear it up I don’t coach. Just a fan of all sports and get tired of hearing people blame everything on a coach.
90% of a schools success in sports is on the coach. Player turn out, development, x’s an O’s, lifting programs, conditioning programs. All that is on the coach. It really is frustrating when you hear coaches say they didn’t get the numbers this year or don’t have the athletes. Maybe as a coach spend time in the school talking to the kids get kids to join that never would have. Spend time making sure your middle school and pee wee programs are healthy. A lot a coach could do but they choose not to and don’t want to take blame for their bad programs.

Small towns, typically, will have peaks and valleys in enrollment and talent level. A good coach will build based on that Ava try to minimize the peaks and valleys. The MAC seems to have a formula that works. Those guys just reload.

90% of a schools success in sports is on the coach. Player turn out, development, x’s an O’s, lifting programs, conditioning programs. All that is on the coach. It really is frustrating when you hear coaches say they didn’t get the numbers this year or don’t have the athletes. Maybe as a coach spend time in the school talking to the kids get kids to join that never would have. Spend time making sure your middle school and pee wee programs are healthy. A lot a coach could do but they choose not to and don’t want to take blame for their bad programs.
I’ll agree with you that your coach helps build a program but if you look around the numbers are down all across the state. People from Covington are not used to seeing their team not be on the winning side. They haven’t had very many down years in a long time. Seen it with Piqua when they’re doing great Coach Neves is a phenomenal coach, but when they are not winning, you hear them say he needs to go. But they have a few freak athletes, it changes the program Versailles used to be dominant in the 90s. The stretch when they were not as good they blamed the coach now with them making nice runs in the playoffs they back their coach. Miami east has had multiple up-and-down seasons with the same coach. So yes, the coach could help, but he can only do so much.
kind of like in junior high. If you have three or four boys that are men, your junior high can dominate. Ansonia this year could be very dominant is it because they had a coach change or because they have some really good athletes. Try Village was pretty darn good when they had a freak athlete at the quarterback position. Covington dominated when they had a pro running back on their team. If it’s all coaching, you would never see a good coach team hit a low. But for some reason, some schools have multiple state championships in a cluster. I’m not saying that Covington’s coach is a great coach or not. I have no idea. I think he walked into a rebuild few years. I hope he can turn it around. I would like to see them good again and I’m pretty sure the town of Covington would like the same but sitting on a chat form bashing somebody when no one really knows all the answers or problems I don’t think it will ever help.

Last edited:
Small towns, typically, will have peaks and valleys in enrollment and talent level. A good coach will build based on that Ava try to minimize the peaks and valleys. The MAC seems to have a formula that works. Those guys just reload.
I agree with you the MAC is a different breed. They also have high 90 to 98% participation. Is it because them kids don’t want to be working on the farm or are they just all farm fed hard-working kids I know if I was a good football player I would want to go play with a team that’s going to win over a team. that’s going to be just ok. You see this happening a lot kids transferring. Why would I wrestle for Piqua if I can make the lineup at Graham And if football is not my life and we’re just going to be OK do I just focus on one sport? In small schools one sport athletes can really hurt.

Covington is suffering from a couple of bad decisions by the athletic department where hiring is concerned. They don’t want to back down from it, so, they are sticking with their guy. Hats off to them. I’d say this horse has been beaten enough.