2023 TRC football

Unless ansonia and northeastern lost a lot to graduation I think Riverside has a tall order to get into league play with only 1 loss. Add on top of that replacing their RB I think Riverside finishes 7-3 or 6-4
Yeah, got my league and overall mixed up. Maybe it's wishful thinking that this league gets more competitive. Right now, in football, it's Milton and then everyone else.
Riverside does bring some talent in. I think the Pirates give the Bulldogs a rough game this year. But MU is still the frontrunner. Great program and coaching.

Unless ansonia and northeastern lost a lot to graduation I think Riverside has a tall order to get into league play with only 1 loss. Add on top of that replacing their RB I think Riverside finishes 7-3 or 6-4
I think NE was senior laden. Ansonia is an unknown. I think Riverside matches up well with them.
I saw that Milton scheduled Valley View and Versailles in the same season? Seriously? Are they expecting another banner class or what?
ME will be good in a couple of years from what I'm hearing. Maybe Bethel will become the new "team to beat". Any insight?

I think NE was senior laden. Ansonia is an unknown. I think Riverside matches up well with them.
I saw that Milton scheduled Valley View and Versailles in the same season? Seriously? Are they expecting another banner class or what?
ME will be good in a couple of years from what I'm hearing. Maybe Bethel will become the new "team to beat". Any insight?
Milton plays Versailles and Graham in 2024. This is the last year they play Valley View. The Spartans replaced Milton with Coldwater starting in 2024.

You are correct. National Trail dropped MU after '23 and MU picked up Tigerball. VV dropped MU after '24 and MU replaced them with Graham. MU has Versailles AND Valley View in '24. '25 is Versailles/Graham.

That's a rough schedule. Is Milton on a different level than in the past? Seems like that is a high level for even a Milton

I see Covington and Arcanum have mended fences. The Buccs take on 2 former CCC schools and Ft Laramie.
Bethel vs Northeastern, Kenton R, and Urbana. Ok.
East has Greenon and Carlisle that will test them.
Lehman takes on Perry, Southeastern and Benjamin Logan, they'll start 0-3.

That's a rough schedule. Is Milton on a different level than in the past? Seems like that is a high level for even a Milton
No. MU just couldn't find anyone to play. They were close with Arcanum, Kenton Ridge and a few others, but couldn't make it work. Trading Valley View for Versailles is pretty similar, but the one overlap year where they play both is pretty rough.

My prediction:
Milton gets the crown at 7-0/6-1
Bethel with a strong year 5-2 they are coached well
Everything else is up in the air
Northridge loses a lot but last year JV was quick
Miami East sits back but strikes next year for the crown
Covington gets better this year
Troy Christian struggles this year with no jr high to help groom.
Lehman may be a sleeper, O/D line return with 2 senior linebackers. New Head Coach was the DC last 10ish years so i look for them to be aggressive. Heard they brought back the old play caller from recent years that had a lot of success
Riverside loses a few key athletes but numbers are good so I imagine next man up mentality. I see them having an average season may sneak a couple close ones out

My prediction:
Milton gets the crown at 7-0/6-1
Bethel with a strong year 5-2 they are coached well
Everything else is up in the air
Northridge loses a lot but last year JV was quick
Miami East sits back but strikes next year for the crown
Covington gets better this year
Troy Christian struggles this year with no jr high to help groom.
Lehman may be a sleeper, O/D line return with 2 senior linebackers. New Head Coach was the DC last 10ish years so i look for them to be aggressive. Heard they brought back the old play caller from recent years that had a lot of success
Riverside loses a few key athletes but numbers are good so I imagine next man up mentality. I see them having an average season may sneak a couple close ones out
Who do you think Milton loses too? Bethel was pretty bad last year. Jumping up that much? Could be, it is high school. I think Riverside has to get the nod for conference champs. I hear Milton will be down a lot this year. Plus they have a rough ooc with Valley View and Dayton Oakwood. They could start 1-2 or 0-3. Bethel needs to improve a lot to challenge Riverside. Also, I heard that Covington will likely play a scaled down schedule again. If so, who are some possible replacements for Milton and Riverside? I don’t see Covington playing either of those two. Maybe not Northridge again.

Who do you think Milton loses too? Bethel was pretty bad last year. Jumping up that much? Could be, it is high school. I think Riverside has to get the nod for conference champs. I hear Milton will be down a lot this year. Plus they have a rough ooc with Valley View and Dayton Oakwood. They could start 1-2 or 0-3. Bethel needs to improve a lot to challenge Riverside. Also, I heard that Covington will likely play a scaled down schedule again. If so, who are some possible replacements for Milton and Riverside? I don’t see Covington playing either of those two. Maybe not Northridge again.
I caught a few of Bethel's games last year. You could tell they were close but still young and buying into the new coach. They are definitely on the right trajectory. I think they go anywhere from 5-2 or 3-4 depending on how Miami East and Lehman respond to the coaching changes. They could easily be a year off yet, but they will be one of the teams to beat in the years to come.

Miltons Jv's played most of the second half in just about all the conference games which is huge. To say they are going to be down big is far fetched for me. Coach Pearce will have those boys ready to rock for league play. If they lose a game in the league it'd be very close. For any D7 school in this league to get the nod for conference champs is like comparable to catching santa coming down the chimney. Not saying its impossible for one of the D7 schools to have a hell of year. I think the D7 school will be competing for the most part but it flat out comes down to numbers and they are competing with with a couple D4 and D5 teams which will be a tall order to win the crown.

Miltons Jv's played most of the second half in just about all the conference games which is huge. To say they are going to be down big is far fetched for me. Coach Pearce will have those boys ready to rock for league play. If they lose a game in the league it'd be very close. For any D7 school in this league to get the nod for conference champs is like comparable to catching santa coming down the chimney. Not saying its impossible for one of the D7 schools to have a hell of year. I think the D7 school will be competing for the most part but it flat out comes down to numbers and they are competing with with a couple D4 and D5 teams which will be a tall order to win the crown.
How many kids are out at Milton? Just curious. And I’m not arguing your points.

Is there any Covington guys in the chat that know what the numbers look like over their this year? Seen on the Bradford update page that 3 kids Transferred from Covington to Bradford don’t think that’s been the case in the history it’s usually been the other way around.

Is there any Covington guys in the chat that know what the numbers look like over their this year? Seen on the Bradford update page that 3 kids Transferred from Covington to Bradford don’t think that’s been the case in the history it’s usually been the other way around.
If Bradford can get 30 kids before Covington can, that’s sad. I believed they (Covington) needed a coaching change this last offseason.

Riverside had a 7on7 with New Bremen, West Liberty, and Northwestern on Thursday. In my biased opinion I thought Riverside was the best team there, nobody scored more than the pirates did.

But 7on7’s very rarely translate to real football, so now to get the pads on and get the big boys involved!

Riverside had a 7on7 with New Bremen, West Liberty, and Northwestern on Thursday. In my biased opinion I thought Riverside was the best team there, nobody scored more than the pirates did.

But 7on7’s very rarely translate to real football, so now to get the pads on and get the big boys involved!
I think the pirates are going to be very good this year. With Milton being down, it could be a year to sneak out a win and a championship.

Interesting. New Bremen is a wild card to me and we'll see how they do against Mechanicsburg but considering West Lib...they have been down and may not be the best to judge for a 7-7, they are kind of a full package deal and can be very good. Northwestern, they couldn't beat themselves out of a wet paper bag in a 7-7 or inter-squad scrimmage.

Dont get me wrong, I love Riverside football and going to games in De Graff and I love how hard those kids play and there always seems to be talent there.. I even picked them to beat Northridge but in reality, MU is the team to beat. When MU is down they are probably still better than most if not all TRC teams when they are up

IMO, MU needs to look to join the CBC or OHC and those conferences would probably exchange Northwestern or Catholic Central...lol.

Last edited:
For PED's or street drugs? Not that I want my kid out there doing drugs, but if a school came to me and said they wanted to drug test my 15yr old kid I would have a problem. Seems like a massive overreach from the school in my opinion.
Not sure maybe someone would be able to explain.