2023 TRC football

dograt

What are your thoughts on next season in the Three Rivers Conference?

Milton-Union graduates their big, talented class. They certainly will come back to the pack some. Does someone else win the league in '23?
Who will step up to challenge them?

Will a new coach in Casstown revive the Vikings?

Will year 3 of the Morgan era in Covington show improvement?

Year 2 in Bethel and T.C.?

Who will be the top players?

Has Miami East announced their new HC yet?

Also, will Covington have enough improvement on numbers to complete a varsity season?

In My opinion Covington just kicked the head coaching question down the road for a year. Without having there schedule in front of me, I don't know who they can play that they can beat. Then at that point idk how you bring back a coach with 1 varsity win over 3 years.

Hunter Folkerstma was announced as the new Miami East head coach. He played football at Bowling Green and was Tippecanoes OL coach the past few seasons. He is young and very energetic. He should do a great job at Miami East after spending the last 3 years learning under the Burgbachers

What are your thoughts on next season in the Three Rivers Conference?

Milton-Union graduates their big, talented class. They certainly will come back to the pack some. Does someone else win the league in '23?
Who will step up to challenge them?

Will a new coach in Casstown revive the Vikings?

Will year 3 of the Morgan era in Covington show improvement?

Year 2 in Bethel and T.C.?

Who will be the top players?
I'm curious to see if any other teams will take the top spot in the TRC. As you mentioned, MU graduates a phenomenal senior class, they've won the TRC title both years of the league's existence. Will someone new take the top spot?

New coach at Miami East should be an improvement for their program, no offense to Coach Current, but some younger energy is exactly what they need to revitalize their program.

Bethel seems to be trending upward, TC had a rough season in year 1 for their new coach, not sure if that is because of the coach or the low numbers.

I think Northridge will always be a contender with their size, athletes, and coaching stability.

Riverside graduated some good players but also bring a decent amount back, hopeful they can win league the year. Just not sure how likely that is as a D7 school in a league with the majority of schools being bigger.

I'm an outside up here on Logan county, So I don't get to excited about this league. But I'm surprised there isn't more chatter an excitement from the Miami County folks.

i look for Milton Union to win this league again. they may have lost a bit, but they bring back some really good players.

how long do Riverside and Sidney Lehman stay happy in this league? Lehman seems to be very down right now, and Riverside has a couple of long trip (and as Weiskittle mentioned above, are from Logan County and have no roots in this league).

i look for Milton Union to win this league again. they may have lost a bit, but they bring back some really good players.

how long do Riverside and Sidney Lehman stay happy in this league? Lehman seems to be very down right now, and Riverside has a couple of long trip (and as Weiskittle mentioned above, are from Logan County and have no roots in this league).
The only problem is, Is where do they go if they leave.

The NWCC kept moving north, most of the schools are over an hour away. Plus half the schools are struggling just to field a team. The TRC was the saving grace. OHC would be the goal if the North ever lost a member.

At least until there is a better option, and I don't think there is one right now. Maybe the OHC?
Lehman finished right in the middle of the league in boys fall sports (and they are recognizably down).
Riverside is doing OK in the sports they field. They are down a few sports compared to some of the league though. That might be helping them? Not having boys soccer or CC might mean more kids play football? Or look at it the other way...Maybe kids at the bigger league schools who play soccer or run cross take away from football and even the numbers advantage they have out by a little bit?

My biggest frustration has nothing to do with the other member of the league, its that Riverside graduates in the 50's now and it will be the 40's soon. Again nobody's fault, but it's frustrating to constantly go against schools so much larger.

For football at least, in the other sports I don't think school size plays as big of a part.

My biggest frustration has nothing to do with the other member of the league, its that Riverside graduates in the 50's now and it will be the 40's soon. Again nobody's fault, but it's frustrating to constantly go against schools so much larger.

For football at least, in the other sports I don't think school size plays as big of a part.
I mean they got 2nd last year in football so I don't think it's a major deal.

It’s not a TRC sports, but does a bowling state championship could as the 1st team championship for the league?

Last edited:
Anything new?

I heard Lehman might have a new coach? Any confirmation on that?

Any other TRC news?

Any summer updates from the TRC? A couple new coaches with ME, Lehman, curious how everyone is doing. It’s almost football season..!

How do people think the final standings will shake out this year?
MU- They lose everybody, but until someone beats them I'm putting them here.
Bethel - Biggest school now has buy-in from the kids. Mears only gets better.
Riverside - fundamentally sound. Platfoot returns
Miami East - New coach energizes players
Northridge - probably won't actually fall this far, but lost alot and if I want to put others higher someone had to drop...
Covington - Youth starts to mature
TC - Having a middle school program will eventually help them, but not seeing rewards yet
Lehman - Coaching changes foster instability.

I'm positive I'm wrong, but it's fun to try.

Last year in June I predicted:
1 MU 7-0
2t Northridge 5-2
2t Riverside 5-2
4 Bethel 4-3
5 Miami East 3-4
6 Covington 2-5
7t TC 1-6
7t Lehman 1-6

reality was:
1 MU
2 Riverside
3 Northridge
4 Bethel
5 Lehman
6 Miami East
7 TC
8 Covington

not terrible.

Last edited:
MU- They lose everybody, but until someone beats them I'm putting them here.
Bethel - Biggest school now has buy-in from the kids. Mears only gets better.
Riverside - fundamentally sound. Shockey is top returning rusher in the league.
Miami East - New coach energizes players
Northridge - probably won't actually fall this far, but lost alot and if I want to put others higher someone had to drop...
Covington - Youth starts to mature
TC - Having a middle school program will eventually help them, but not seeing rewards yet
Lehman - Coaching changes foster instability.

I'm positive I'm wrong, but it's fun to try.

Last year in June I predicted:
1 MU 7-0
2t Northridge 5-2
2t Riverside 5-2
4 Bethel 4-3
5 Miami East 3-4
6 Covington 2-5
7t TC 1-6
7t Lehman 1-6

reality was:
1 MU
2 Riverside
3 Northridge
4 Bethel
5 Lehman
6 Miami East
7 TC
8 Covington

not terrible.
I agree with MU. Bethel will be tough and will only get better.
Is Shockey back? I thought he was a senior?
The rest is a crapshoot with Northridge being the favorite of the field. I think you are correct with Miami East, but will take a couple years.

Pretty good predictions from last year. You have any of those for College or Professional where I can make some money? lol

The Pirates get the crown this year.

Riverside 9-1
Bethel 8-2
Milton 8-2
Northridge 7-3
Everyone else will beat each other up. Results will be deceiving. Very weak league this year. VERY. Even the Bulldogs will be really weak. I think valley view beats them by 49. I'm thinking they get beat by National Trail in a close game. Riverside will win it's share. They are the only hope for any playoff win.

View attachment 43051View attachment 43052View attachment 43052View attachment 43051

Riverside 9-1
Bethel 8-2
Milton 8-2
Northridge 7-3
Everyone else will beat each other up. Results will be deceiving. Very weak league this year. VERY. Even the Bulldogs will be really weak. I think valley view beats them by 49. I'm thinking they get beat by National Trail in a close game. Riverside will win it's share. They are the only hope for any playoff win.
I have no issues with your predictions, but if MU loses to VV and Trail, then goes 8-2, they won't be 3rd in the league :LOL::LOL:.
I'm guessing you meant 5-2 as just a league record? MU as 6-4 or 5-5 overall?

Riverside 9-1
Bethel 8-2
Milton 8-2
Northridge 7-3
Unless ansonia and northeastern lost a lot to graduation I think Riverside has a tall order to get into league play with only 1 loss. Add on top of that replacing their RB I think Riverside finishes 7-3 or 6-4

Milton does have returning some decent running backs, linebacker or two and defensive backs. Need to develop an offensive and defensive lines. Back ups have size, but they need to develop. The biggest need is the quarterback position. Supposedly a sophomore has potential in that position. The back ups got plenty of playing time in late game situations last year do to all the blowouts, which is a help. A lot of question marks, but Coach Pearce has a track record of developing good teams. Time will answer these questions.