2023 Glenville Football

Yeah putting a d1-d2 size/speed team in d4 doesn't make for a good tournament experience. Not to say they can't be beaten, but it's pretty obvious they're built different than the field.
Glenville is just doing what they can to win, no different than any other school. They're not breaking any rules

Your a Walsh guy, your reciever last year and jv quarterback year prior who lives in twinsburg
Is now the starting quarterback at Glenville?
Guess he moved from twinsburg and is now living in glenville school district!
The better question is why was that kid not going to be the starting QB for Walsh in 2023? Walsh choose a kid that’s about 5’7 and can’t throw that well. The kid that’s starting for Glenville is a better athlete and was spinning it today during the 7v7 at Hoban.

The better question is why was that kid not going to be the starting QB for Walsh in 2023? Walsh choose a kid that’s about 5’7 and can’t throw that well. The kid that’s starting for Glenville is a better athlete and was spinning it today during the 7v7 at Hoban.
Heard its more than football. Walsh will be fine now and in the future at QB.

Had to be some off the feild issues, politics, money, or daddy ball because it clearly obvious that kid was the best QB of the 4-5 that Walsh has. The incoming freshmen at Walsh has some potential that came from Akron amour. He should have been at Hoban but the offense doesn’t fit a pocket passer or a passer at all, lol.

You can live anywhere in Cleveland or surrounds and attend Ginn Academy. That's true. But if you want to participate in extracurricular activities, you can only play for the school closest to your residence. For example, a Ginn Academy student who lives in Maple Heights can only play for Maple Heights High. A Ginn student who lives in West Park can only play for John Marshall High. A Ginn student who lives in Glenville can only play for Glenville High. And so on.
So if a student lives in an suburb where his parents own their home and he attends Ginn Academy, he must play sports at the public suburban school where he lives even if Glenville High School is the closest CMSD school to his parents' residence?

I think the obvious is Ted Ginn Jr. What a player and the speed was incredible. The Dolphins had this kid and IMO, wasted his talent. Hard to believe he is pushing 40.

Also, curious to what the Tarblooder faithful feel is their all-time team.
Macnjnc's Alltime Glenville Team:

Ted Ginn Jr Wr Ohio State
Freddie Lennix Safety (Cincinnati)
Dareus "Superman" Hiley DB/WR (Ohio State) "The one who started it all"
Latwan Anderson Athlete/WR/KR Miami Hurricanes
Troy Smith QB Ohio State
Bryant Browning OL Ohio State
Cardale Jones QB Ohio State
Donte Whitner Safety Ohio State
Marshon Lattimore Ohio State
Aundrey Walker OL USC
Christian Bryant CB Ohio State
Shane Wynn WR/KR Indiana
Frank Clark LB/DE Michigan (Michigan??? still haven't forgiven him)
Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati
Ray Small WR Ohio State
Jermale Hines Ohio State

Last edited:

Yes looks like Walsh was going with the short kid! But it wasn’t decided yet. I think Walsh was sick of one year starting quarterbacks. Trying to get a two year starter. But just a guess. Nice athlete but nothing was promised. He might have beaten the kid out. He left for the more sure job. Glenville had a hole at quarterback. Had they not gotten him. Glenville Probably went with wildcat offense.
Glenville will have running clock in at least 12 games this year. Start season thru playoffs.
Hope they represent against IMG

Troy Smith QB Ohio State
Aundrey Walker OL USC
Shane Wynn WR/KR Indiana
Ray Small WR Ohio State
Jermale Hines Ohio State
Good to see you back, Mac.

Always wondered what Freddie Lennix could have been. A dynamite player with crazy football instincts.

So if a student lives in an suburb where his parents own their home and he attends Ginn Academy, he must play sports at the public suburban school where he lives even if Glenville High School is the closest CMSD school to his parents' residence?
Yes. The Ginn Academy student from the suburbs can only play for the high school in the district where they live

Troy Smith QB Ohio State
Aundrey Walker OL USC
Shane Wynn WR/KR Indiana
Ray Small WR Ohio State
Jermale Hines Ohio State
Thanks and a very impressive list!

Always wondered what Freddie Lennix could have been. A dynamite player with crazy football instincts.
PDC

A seek and DESTROY type player. Where ever the ball was Freddie was on the scene ready to "decleat" the ball carrier.
You couldn't miss that #7 when he played for the Ville. He never was really standing still when he hit you he was always coming fast with momentum thus it was typically a reckless collision/POP when he hit you.

I forget what game it was but they had to carry the boy off the field after he literally knocked himself unconscious after one big hit.
A high school level Ed Reed if I ever saw one; he literally JUMPED out at you if you was at a game he was in. The boy could hit, played extra hard and gave you EVERYTHING he had. A player that left if all out on the field. Truly one of my favorites to watch play. LOVED Freddie.

Attachments

• Freddie Lennix.jpg
    Freddie Lennix.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Troy Smith QB Ohio State
Aundrey Walker OL USC
Shane Wynn WR/KR Indiana
Ray Small WR Ohio State
Jermale Hines Ohio State
A few names I’d add

Marcus Hall OL OSU
Mike Edwards DB/WR Tennessee and Hawaii
Jayrone Elliot DL Toledo
Cordale Scott WR Illinois
Jermil Martin FB OSU

Some of these guys may be a notch below your list. But Edwards belongs on there for sure.

I see what you're saying regarding eligibility being tied to the district school closest to the parent's residence outside the district. However, just about every eastside suburb is closer to a CMSD high school that is not Glenville. Collinwood, John Hay, JFK, John Adams create a natural barrier between Glenville and most east suburban addresses (perhaps with a few exceptions for some Cleveland Heights addresses).

PDC

A seek and DESTROY type player. Where ever the ball was Freddie was on the scene ready to "decleat" the ball carrier.
You couldn't miss that #7 when he played for the Ville. He never was really standing still when he hit you he was always coming fast with momentum thus it was typically a reckless collision/POP when he hit you.

I forget what game it was but they had to carry the boy off the field after he literally knocked himself unconscious after one big hit.
A high school level Ed Reed if I ever saw one; he literally JUMPED out at you if you was at a game he was in. The boy could hit, played extra hard and gave you EVERYTHING he had. A player that left if all out on the field. Truly one of my favorites to watch play. LOVED Freddie.
Agree.

I saw him run down an Ignatius RB who probably had 10 yards on him. He played with tenacity too. Would have loved to see him sideline to sideline against that great Colerain team of 2004.

Don’t know much about the kid from Walsh, but I’m guessing you don’t know much either because he slung the rock at the Massillon 7v7. He was definitely on par and looked better than the other QBs there, and that’s saying something considering Medina, Whitmer, Riverside and Massillon were there.
He’s not tall, but I’d guess him to be closer to 5’10”. All I know is he balled out when I saw them against Riverside and Toledo Whitmer. Threw a TD on every drive.
Last year, I saw the new Glenville QB at a JV game and he struggled to throw it accurately. My guess is the Walsh coaching staff knows a thing or two about choosing their QB because they keep churning them out.

Don’t know much about the kid from Walsh, but I’m guessing you don’t know much either because he slung the rock at the Massillon 7v7. He was definitely on par and looked better than the other QBs there, and that’s saying something considering Medina, Whitmer, Riverside and Massillon were there.
He’s not tall, but I’d guess him to be closer to 5’10”. All I know is he balled out when I saw them against Riverside and Toledo Whitmer. Threw a TD on every drive.
Last year, I saw the new Glenville QB at a JV game and he struggled to throw it accurately. My guess is the Walsh coaching staff knows a thing or two about choosing their QB because they keep churning them out.
Development is everything!! The Glenville QB is now working with the same coach that produced Troy Smith and Cardale Jones. His mechanics was bad coming from a staff that knows a thing or two about choosing QB’s!! Their fault and lost, not the kids!! Diamond in the rough!!! 💎

Troy Smith QB Ohio State
Bryant Browning OL Ohio State
Aundrey Walker OL USC
Shane Wynn WR/KR Indiana
Ray Small WR Ohio State
Jermale

PDC

Appreciate that. I’ll make a concerted effort to re-establish my presence.
Brah you need to do more research. Glenville had players before 1999!

Who would be some of the projected starters for this year's Tarblooders?

I know about Bryce West (Ohio State commit), Ruel Tomlinson, D'Shawntae Jones, but are there any other kids to look out for that could make an impact on either side of the ball?