2023 Glenville Football

These aren’t big games to the kids, accordingly to one fan base, because the games aren’t going to draw a lot of local fans that haven’t moved away. Nothing to see here.
I’ll disagree as I’m sure you do. I’ll be there to see the Eagles, Knights, and Tarblooders. And congrats on getting Mason back, kid is a stud!

What's your attendance prediction for each Saturday game?
Luring Bounty Hunter GIF by DefyTV

You missed my sarcasm. I think these are great games! One fan base seems to think the amount of fans that show up dictates otherwise…
I caught it! I was saying I disagree as I’m sure you do with the person saying no one cares about the games on Saturday.

Sorry to say , Virginia D-3 ? That’s not as good a game as advertised, Glenville by 20

Glenville has IMG. That’s what I want to see!
Even if they lose , the speed of game and hitting will be worth it. And a lot of individual matchups

Yea, I’m pretty sure it’s OH D3, but they’re loaded and beat some upper division teams last season. They have a few D1 kids, not as many as Glenville but they’re a strong opening opponent. @Hoban and @IMG will be HUGE tests for Glenville. They’ll have a tough scrimmage on the 11th to get them ready.

So who's playing QB for the Tarblooders now that the Walsh transfer is ineligible?
That could be a real sticky situation. Because of the rules surrounding multi-school districts and participation, it would be interesting to hear how a kid who is not eligible now would have been eligible the first 5 weeks. If it's been ruled that he still lives in Twinsburg, then it would seem that he is/was obligated to play for the CMSD school closest to his house -- which is not Glenville.

Last edited:
That could be a real sticky situation. Because of the rules surrounding multi-school districts and participation, it would be interesting to hear how a kid who is not eligible now would have been eligible the first 5 weeks. If it's been ruled that he still lives in Twinsburg, then it would seem that he is/was obligated to play for the CMSD school closest to his house -- which is not Glenville.
Regardless of which CMSD school athletic eligibility is vested, the transfer rules also apply. If a student transfers, he is ineligible for the second half of the regular season and the tournament.

Last edited:
Regardless of which CMSD athletic eligibility is vested, the transfer rules also apply. If a student transfers, he is ineligible for the second half of the regular season and the tournament.
That is true -- but he must be playing at the school at which his eligibility is vested in order to play the first half of the season. That is, if a kid is supposed to play for school A but plays the first 5 games for school B instead, wouldn't that be cause for school B to forfeit those first 5 games?

I’m hearing it’s just paperwork, for like 8 transfers
Once addresses are verified they will be Eligible.
They don’t want to play kids before they are verified otherwise they would forfeit any games they play in and maybe playoffs.
So there is hope they will be eligible. Some may be able to prove they are legitimate living in Glenville district others may not.
No idea.
OHSAA doesn’t meet all the time

This is absurd. I don't know when the paperwork for these kids was submitted (maybe last week). But assuming it was sent in before the season, it is ridiculous if (if) OHSAA hasn't yet made a ruling. They say they're all about participation opportunities, yet they, through their own inaction, appear to be denying those opportunities.

But again, if any of those kids are not living in the Glenville attendance zone, that puts the 4 wins from the first half of the season in jeopardy.

I hope Witten and West are okay. Especially Witten, who I don't believe came back after making a long catch down the sideline.

This is absurd. I don't know when the paperwork for these kids was submitted (maybe last week). But assuming it was sent in before the season, it is ridiculous if (if) OHSAA hasn't yet made a ruling. They say they're all about participation opportunities, yet they, through their own inaction, appear to be denying those opportunities.

But again, if any of those kids are not living in the Glenville attendance zone, that puts the 4 wins from the first half of the season in jeopardy.
It pulls nothing!!!

Hoban too much for Glenville, unfortunately. Although you never want to lose, at least they competed until the end against a Top 5 team on their home field. These types of games are what a team needs if they wanna win championships. You need to be pushed, be challenged, against equal or (on paper) better teams. I hope that these two teams continue to play in the future. I don't want this to be a one-off.

Hoban too much for Glenville, unfortunately. Although you never want to lose, at least they competed until the end against a Top 5 team on their home field. These types of games are what a team needs if they wanna win championships. You need to be pushed, be challenged, against equal or (on paper) better teams. I hope that these two teams continue to play in the future. I don't want this to be a one-off.
Glenville played Hoban with backups!!!!

Hoban usually has trouble getting local games. I’m guessing they will play as long as Coach Ginn wants to keep scheduling them. I know Avon will renew Glenville for as long as Coach Ginn wants to keep that series going. Glenville is a tough test for anyone. Teams that want to test themselves will want the Tarblooders on their schedule.