2023 Glenville Football

Today Damarion witten 4star TE just committed to Ohio State
That gives northeast Ohio 4 kids 2024 class going to OSU
2 from eds
2 from Glenville
I was very happy to see Witten, and especially West, commit to OSU!

You also have Hamilton from Avon and Roebuck from Ed’s committing to that other school up in Ann Arbor. And they are not the last Power 5 commits for 2024 from NEO. This is a very talent-rich season in NEO, which is great to see because there have been some recent years that were a little dry.

My updated prediction, Glenville goes 15/1 only loss is to IMG. They beat avon, and Hoban.
Hoban only game that is within 10 points!
Glenville top 3 team in state!
Too much speed and firepower!
Might struggle early with quarterback
But as season rolls so does glenville

another note ! Bryce committed to Ohio state today
O-H
They can certainly beat Avon and Hoban, and will certainly be favored over Avon and no worse than a toss up versus Hoban, but neither of those teams will go down easily.

If Glenville had an all-time team, how many of them have played professionally at some point?
I think the obvious is Ted Ginn Jr. What a player and the speed was incredible. The Dolphins had this kid and IMO, wasted his talent. Hard to believe he is pushing 40.

Also, curious to what the Tarblooder faithful feel is their all-time team.

A bit surprised he couldn’t get a bigger offer. I understand his measurables but he sure can make plays! Good luck to him this year. We will miss watching him in green and gold.

His size (maybe 5’9 160) certainly has a lot to do with his available college opportunities at the moment. With a college strength and conditioning program he should be able to develop his body more for the rigors of D1 football. And with the advent of the transfer portal, the mid-majors have become like a minor league system for the power 5 programs. Whatever happens, best of luck to Ky.

Word is some kids have come over to The Ville from Lutheran West. The Tarblooders are going to be GOOD this year - better then last year. Good Luck.

His size (maybe 5’9 160) certainly has a lot to do with his available college opportunities at the moment. With a college strength and conditioning program he should be able to develop his body more for the rigors of D1 football. And with the advent of the transfer portal, the mid-majors have become like a minor league system for the power 5 programs. Whatever happens, best of luck to Ky.
Well, turns out Ted Ginn would be their number 2 receiver, because Chris Chambers is also an ex-Tarblooder. Their WR3 would be 6 year NFL vet Justin Hardee. They'd have Troy Smith and Cardale Jones splitting snaps at QB. Their whole defense would have had NFL experience. If they could field an offensive line (they did have a couple OL play pro, but it was in the 1930's), they would probably be as good or better than just about every other all-time team in the country.

Edit: I meant to reply to Gamma Gobbler.

Last edited:
Word is some kids have come over to The Ville from Lutheran West. The Tarblooders are going to be GOOD this year - better then last year. Good Luck.
Yes kids probably transferred from Luthern west,
As did for sure kids from Benedictine. As well as a qb transfer from Walsh. Who lives in twinsburg.
None of these kids transferred into Glenville school. Which I thought was a prerequisite to avoid sitting out second half of season and all playoff games. They all transferred into Ginn academy! Now that’s a loop hole.
All these kids live in that 15-20 block area???
It’s a joke. Grab an address cmon down don’t have to even go to Glenville. Go to Ginn academy.
When you leave a private school you must go back to your public school. In your district. Didn’t know you can just jump into a charter school and pick your district! But with that said Glenville will be top 3 school in state and play D-4. And have running clock through the state championship game! Now on bright side Glenville is supplying Ohio State kids I get to root for. And helping kids get college scholarships. And helping kids in general.

Well, turns out Ted Ginn would be their number 2 receiver, because Chris Chambers is also an ex-Tarblooder. Their WR3 would be 6 year NFL vet Justin Hardee. They'd have Troy Smith and Cardale Jones splitting snaps at QB. Their whole defense would have had NFL experience. If they could field an offensive line (they did have a couple OL play pro, but it was in the 1930's), they would probably be as good or better than just about every other all-time team in the country.

I could be wrong, but I think Chambers went to Bedford

Latwan Anderson could have been great was the number 6 athlete in nation , committed the U.

but now is doing 7-10 in a government building!
But the old heads at Glenville said he was one of the best. Hopefully he gets out soon and turns it around. He was always pleasant.
Don’t forget about coby Bryant is playing corner for Seattle and his brother Christian Bryant (3 year starting safety at Ohio state) had he not had that horrible ankle break his NFL career would have been a lot longer!
Pierre woods New England patriot Super Bowl winner

Latwan Anderson could have been great was the number 6 athlete in nation , committed the U.

But the old heads at Glenville said he was one of the best. Hopefully he gets out soon and turns it around. He was always pleasant.
Don’t forget about coby Bryant is playing corner for Seattle and his brother Christian Bryant (3 year starting safety at Ohio state) had he not had that horrible ankle break his NFL career would have been a lot longer!
Christian Bryant was a favorite of mine as a Buckeye. He hit like a freight train! Unfortunately, his physical play took a huge toll on his body.

I thought Anderson went to St. Ed

They had Bryant Browing who was a starter at OSU and bounced around the NFL and Aundrey Walker, a 4/5 star LT who chose USC over Ohio State (and got some NFL looks) on the OL.

The one position where I'm probably blanking is RB. They've had some good ones but the best HS one that I can remember being a beast in HS was Tim Connor. Little ball of muscle who was like 5-8/180 but ran like he was 6-1/220. Pretty sure he went to Eastern Michigan.

And yes, Chris Chambers was definitely Bedford. His senior year he was teammates with Lee Evans (i think a sophomore at the time). Both went on to star at Wisconsin and Chambers was a 2nd round NFL pick and Evans a top 15, first round, pick. Both had very good NFL careers.

They had Bryant Browing who was a starter at OSU and bounced around the NFL and Aundrey Walker, a 4/5 star LT who chose USC over Ohio State (and got some NFL looks) on the OL.

The one position where I'm probably blanking is RB. They've had some good ones but the best HS one that I can remember being a beast in HS was Tim Connor. Little ball of muscle who was like 5-8/180 but ran like he was 6-1/220. Pretty sure he went to Eastern Michigan.

And yes, Chris Chambers was definitely Bedford. His senior year he was teammates with Lee Evans (i think a sophomore at the time). Both went on to star at Wisconsin and Chambers was a 2nd round NFL pick and Evans a top 15, first round, pick. Both had very good NFL careers.
Devine Redding was a good RB for Glenville his senior year. He also played for Austintown Fitch and Mineral Ridge in HS.
He went on to play at Indiana and had two 1,000 yard seasons before turning pro. He was undrafted and spent a very short time with the Chiefs and Buccaneers but didn't play in any NFL games.

I can only speak for myself, but as a Big Red fan I think it’s great for D4 as a whole that loaded talented team is in the division. I read some of the other comments & it’s not my place or concern if Glenville is “exploiting loopholes” that private school powers have been accused of from time to time in lower divisions, but you can not argue that the CMSD has been losing population for years. They dropped from D1 to D3 pretty quick, & where were those cheating arguments when Ursuline beat them in the D4 regional finals a few years ago? I think I remember those Ted Ginn coaching comments after the game.

They are by far the most talented team in the D4, & it’s gonna take a monumental effort or luck to take them out. Any competitive program or team should welcome the challenge. If you think you’re a state caliber team you have to believe you belong on the same field with them/play like it. If they roll you before the finals…you probably would not have won D4 anyways.

I notice that lack of “hard work beats talent when talent does not work hard”,

Suck it up buttercup, life ain’t fair, sometimes in life you get the short end of the stick

Trophies should be earned, not given

Glenville just works harder, & wanted it more.

He did go to St Edward but transferred before his senior season and graduated from Glenville. I think he even went to another high school prior to St Edward.
I believe he attended Euclid as a freshman before transferring to St. Edward as a sophomore. He was shown the door after his junior year and finished up at Glenville. Ridiculously talented football player with equally ridiculous maturity issues.

Many of these great Tarblooders would tell you that Dareus "Superman" Hiley was the best athlete to ever put on the red and black. Washed out at Ohio State for academic reasons, but was electric on the football field.

Many of these great Tarblooders would tell you that Dareus "Superman" Hiley was the best athlete to ever put on the red and black. Washed out at Ohio State for academic reasons, but was electric on the football field.
Wasn’t he in the same defensive backfield with Ginn and Jemario O’Neil. Crazy amount of talent on that team.

I can only speak for myself, but as a Big Red fan I think it’s great for D4 as a whole that loaded talented team is in the division. I read some of the other comments & it’s not my place or concern if Glenville is “exploiting loopholes” that private school powers have been accused of from time to time in lower divisions, but you can not argue that the CMSD has been losing population for years. They dropped from D1 to D3 pretty quick, & where were those cheating arguments when Ursuline beat them in the D4 regional finals a few years ago? I think I remember those Ted Ginn coaching comments after the game.

They are by far the most talented team in the D4, & it’s gonna take a monumental effort or luck to take them out. Any competitive program or team should welcome the challenge. If you think you’re a state caliber team you have to believe you belong on the same field with them/play like it. If they roll you before the finals…you probably would not have won D4 anyways.

I notice that lack of “hard work beats talent when talent does not work hard”,

Suck it up buttercup, life ain’t fair, sometimes in life you get the short end of the stick

Trophies should be earned, not given

Glenville just works harder, & wanted it more.
I agree with everything you said, except the last statement. You need to add "and gets top players". Not saying its wrong, but its a fact. There are other programs that want it bad and work hard, but just dont have the resources to pull kids in.