2023 Glenville Football

Glenville has been a successful program for years and a state title was a long time coming. Same with Ed's, we were a powerhouse in the 70s and 80s but due to a few factors just had two runners up and I think only made the playoffs 6x despite routinely going at least 8-2 most years. I'm still shocked the '04 Glenville team lost to McKinley after running the table on Ed's and Ignatius, the loss to Davidson I thought stung a lot in '09, with the TD being called back late in the game. All while they've pumped up Ohio State's ranks with a lot of really good Buckeye football players and at one time I think was the high school with the second most NFL players.

I was happy to see them win one and I don't think its a good argument to say that powerhouse public schools aren't good for Northeast Ohio football. I do not think they should be in D4 given the advantages they have in a large district but the way the rules are are the way they are. One thing I think that's lost in the discussion are the other CMSD coaches. I know over the years there have been some outspoken over the open enrollment policy. In the late 2000s there was an article about Cleveland JFK almost making the playoffs and how the coach felt if he had a player from the previous year, who was on Glenville's roster that season. I think the old Rhodes coach also had a lot to say about it too. I think they have a right to ask questions and criticize for sure. But the fact remains, the city wants to talk about positive things with its schools and a football championship translates a lot easier than a lot of other stories.

Success becomes a magnet. Glenville has proven they can get football players to the next level. Now they also can get you a ring. I'd rather see these kids playing football than plenty of other things they can be getting into. And I don't want to take away from the work that they've put in. They've gone toe to toe over the years with the state's best at times. Not a lot of other teams can boast that.

Ginn Academy opened in 2007
2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4 Pandemic Year No Season
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
Somebody please remind me where they cheated......... ILL WAIT
#IgnoranceIsIGNORANT
They didn’t cheat. They did exploit loopholes though.

Regions and Division assignments have been released, and this will make people mad, but Glenville with a 0 for CB numbers. They are again in division 4 region 14.

Tarblooders easy favorites to win the region and the state title.

Why are there teams west of Glenville in region 13 Northeast Ohio region and Glenville is in region 14 Northwest Ohio?

CB of 0?????

Something going on there and it needs investigated...

Regions and Division assignments have been released, and this will make people mad, but Glenville with a 0 for CB numbers. They are again in division 4 region 14.

Tarblooders easy favorites to win the region and the state title.

For comparisons sake, here are Glenville's CB numbers since the inception of the initiative:
2017-50
2018-16 (Glenville received post-season ban for use of players who should have been assigned to other districts)
2019-19
2020-11
2021-due to OHSAA bylaw 2, 2020 numbers used again
2022-0
2023-0

Three years removed from the pandemic (which wreaked havoc on the CMSD), and with the Glenville football program undergoing a clear resurgence, I would expect a return to their mean as far as CB numbers. As I've said before, pretty much every other CMSD school has a CB number with the districts open enrollment policy. Does seem odd that Glenville is throwing up donuts again.

For comparisons sake, here are Glenville's CB numbers since the inception of the initiative:
2017-50
2018-16 (Glenville received post-season ban for use of players who should have been assigned to other districts)
2019-19
2020-11
2021-due to OHSAA bylaw 2, 2020 numbers used again
2022-0
2023-0

Three years removed from the pandemic (which wreaked havoc on the CMSD), and with the Glenville football program undergoing a clear resurgence, I would expect a return to their mean as far as CB numbers. As I've said before, pretty much every other CMSD school has a CB number with the districts open enrollment policy. Does seem odd that Glenville is throwing up donuts again.
There's nothing odd about it. All of Glenville's football players live in the Glenville zone. If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, then they need to present said evidence to the OHSAA.

Honestly, I wish Glenville's competitive balance was high enough that they could move up to D2 or D3. I'd love to see them win a state championship in a higher division because it'll make all of the anti-Glenville whiners whine some more. That is priceless

There's nothing odd about it. All of Glenville's football players live in the Glenville zone. If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, then they need to present said evidence to the OHSAA.

Honestly, I wish Glenville's competitive balance was high enough that they could move up to D2 or D3. I'd love to see them win a state championship in a higher division because it'll make all of the anti-Glenville whiners whine some more. That is priceless
I think that is what many who post on here would like to see. But, they can only play in the division they are assigned by the OHSAA. I'd venture someone will give them a game in the post season like Van Wert did last year.

I would love to see an Avon/Glenville rematch in the playoffs, even one with Hoban. Those games would have to be highly attended, especially at neutral sites in the playoffs.

I'll take you at your word Dex. I have no evidence to the contrary nor am I advocating for an investigation. On the other hand, I can certainly understand the skepticism from others who see a school losing students a rapid pace, receiving no incoming students from out of district (unlike almost every other CMSD school), and yet somehow has returned to the talent-laden days of old.

Glenville has been a successful program for years and a state title was a long time coming. Same with Ed's, we were a powerhouse in the 70s and 80s but due to a few factors just had two runners up and I think only made the playoffs 6x despite routinely going at least 8-2 most years. I'm still shocked the '04 Glenville team lost to McKinley after running the table on Ed's and Ignatius, the loss to Davidson I thought stung a lot in '09, with the TD being called back late in the game. All while they've pumped up Ohio State's ranks with a lot of really good Buckeye football players and at one time I think was the high school with the second most NFL players.

I was happy to see them win one and I don't think its a good argument to say that powerhouse public schools aren't good for Northeast Ohio football. I do not think they should be in D4 given the advantages they have in a large district but the way the rules are are the way they are. One thing I think that's lost in the discussion are the other CMSD coaches. I know over the years there have been some outspoken over the open enrollment policy. In the late 2000s there was an article about Cleveland JFK almost making the playoffs and how the coach felt if he had a player from the previous year, who was on Glenville's roster that season. I think the old Rhodes coach also had a lot to say about it too. I think they have a right to ask questions and criticize for sure. But the fact remains, the city wants to talk about positive things with its schools and a football championship translates a lot easier than a lot of other stories.

Success becomes a magnet. Glenville has proven they can get football players to the next level. Now they also can get you a ring. I'd rather see these kids playing football than plenty of other things they can be getting into. And I don't want to take away from the work that they've put in. They've gone toe to toe over the years with the state's best at times. Not a lot of other teams can boast that.
Glenville has no more of an advantage than any other open-enrollment school, public or private.

About the other Senate Athletic League schools:
There is nothing stopping any of those schools from doing what Glenville had done. Open-enrollment goes both ways. Rhodes has been pretty good in boys basketball. I'm pretty sure most of their roster doesn't live in Old Brooklyn (Rhodes zone). Okay. But so what? They attract good players who want to be apart of something special. That's no different from Glenville football.

The real problems are poverty and joblessness. They have plagued cities like Cleveland for over 40 years. If anyone wants to know why city schools are always on the bottom, there's your answer. It's hard to have competitive youth sports programs when you have 30% poverty rates and double-digit unemployment rates.

I would prefer Cleveland to have robust, stable neighborhoods similar to what suburban communities have. Look at cities like Seattle, Portland and Vancouver. Their city schools can compete with suburban and private schools on equal terms. Why? Because they have low poverty rates. If Cleveland were like those cities, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I wish Toledo Central Catholic and Glenville could've found a way to play during the regular season these past few years and this year. That would be a nice matchup

I'll take you at your word Dex. I have no evidence to the contrary nor am I advocating for an investigation. On the other hand, I can certainly understand the skepticism from others who see a school losing students a rapid pace, receiving no incoming students from out of district (unlike almost every other CMSD school), and yet somehow has returned to the talent-laden days of old.
I don't understand their skepticism. The Glenville football players attend a school that doesn't offer extracurricular activities (Ginn Academy). The school had been around for over 15 years. The students who attend GA live all over Cleveland and surrounding areas. The ones who play sports play for their neighborhood schools, which might be Glenville, John Adams, Rhodes, Collinwood, Lakewood, East Tech, Euclid, or wherever. It's not some magnet school for coach Ginn to poach football players from in order to enrich Glenville.

Glenville High has had declining enrollment for the past 10-15 years. That's true. But there are other schools who have good sports programs in spite of enrollment declines. VASJ, Cardinal Mooney, Canton Central Catholic, Toledo Central Catholic, Lake Catholic, Ursuline, etc, come to mind. Are those schools doing something underhanded? No. Student-athletes want to go there, enrollment decline be damned. Well, it's the same thing for Glenville. Good football players want to play for coach Ginn. They live in the Glenville zone, some for most of or all of their lives and some just moved there. That's why they have a 0 competitive balance,

Glenville is playing by the same rules as every other school. The anti-Glenville crowd just hates that Glenville's winning

I don't understand their skepticism. The Glenville football players attend a school that doesn't offer extracurricular activities (Ginn Academy). The school had been around for over 15 years. The students who attend GA live all over Cleveland and surrounding areas. The ones who play sports play for their neighborhood schools, which might be Glenville, John Adams, Rhodes, Collinwood, Lakewood, East Tech, Euclid, or wherever. It's not some magnet school for coach Ginn to poach football players from in order to enrich Glenville.

Glenville High has had declining enrollment for the past 10-15 years. That's true. But there are other schools who have good sports programs in spite of enrollment declines. VASJ, Cardinal Mooney, Canton Central Catholic, Toledo Central Catholic, Lake Catholic, Ursuline, etc, come to mind. Are those schools doing something underhanded? No. Student-athletes want to go there, enrollment decline be damned. Well, it's the same thing for Glenville. Good football players want to play for coach Ginn. They live in the Glenville zone, some for most of or all of their lives and some just moved there. That's why they have a 0 competitive balance,

Glenville is playing by the same rules as every other school. The anti-Glenville crowd just hates that Glenville's winning
Well I try to tell you to stop saying this! Because it’s blatantly false. You believe the most accomplished
Athletes in Ohio. Year after year just all happen to live in a 10 block area . I should just move into that area and have a kid. I would have a 10% chance he would be a D-1 athlete. Now if your
Done with your fantasy world. I know where many of your so called Glenville kids sleep at night. And it’s not in Glenville district. I have dropped them off at their houses all across the suburbs and cities. Richmond hts, Solon, lyndhurst, south Euclid, shaker , twinsburg, even a Lorain kid believe it or not. And it’s been going on for years.
Years and years I can go back 12 years and give
Homes not in Glenville. So just stop living in fairytale land. If OHSAA doesn’t care , I don’t care!
Not my fight. But when people keep getting on here pretending that 100% of kids year after year live in district! I know your lying or just don’t really know the program like you pretend you do. Yes many kids get addresses as a front, grandparents home ,cousins home. Abandoned home in one case. But they mostly not sleeping at that residence. If at all. So just stop. Glenville is doing great things. And Is back on track to be year after year a top 5/10 team in any and all divisions.
I just hope kids don’t get hurt playing against them because the division 4 and the senate teams are so overly matched. Play after play

Well I try to tell you to stop saying this! Because it’s blatantly false. You believe the most accomplished
Athletes in Ohio. Year after year just all happen to live in a 10 block area . I should just move into that area and have a kid. I would have a 10% chance he would be a D-1 athlete. Now if your
Done with your fantasy world. I know where many of your so called Glenville kids sleep at night. And it’s not in Glenville district. I have dropped them off at their houses all across the suburbs and cities. Richmond hts, Solon, lyndhurst, south Euclid, shaker , twinsburg, even a Lorain kid believe it or not. And it’s been going on for years.
Years and years I can go back 12 years and give
Homes not in Glenville. So just stop living in fairytale land. If OHSAA doesn’t care , I don’t care!
Not my fight. But when people keep getting on here pretending that 100% of kids year after year live in district! I know your lying or just don’t really know the program like you pretend you do. Yes many kids get addresses as a front, grandparents home ,cousins home. Abandoned home in one case. But they mostly not sleeping at that residence. If at all. So just stop. Glenville is doing great things. And Is back on track to be year after year a top 5/10 team in any and all divisions.
I just hope kids don’t get hurt playing against them because the division 4 and the senate teams are so overly matched. Play after play
Seems like half of Benedictine starters transferred to Glenville

Seems like half of Benedictine starters transferred to Glenville
Yes and I’m sure they all live in Glenville school district
The 10 blocks. It’s a joke
As is kid that lives in twinsburg transferring from Walsh to try to quarterback at Glenville this year. Because he got beat out at Walsh. Has lived in twinsburg his whole life. But miraculously now living in the same 10 blocks as the Benedictine transfers. And the rest of the 95 kids on the football team plus the kids that actually go to the glenville school. It’s actually comical.

Yes and I’m sure they all live in Glenville school district
The 10 blocks. It’s a joke
As is kid that lives in twinsburg transferring from Walsh to try to quarterback at Glenville this year. Because he got beat out at Walsh. Has lived in twinsburg his whole life. But miraculously now living in the same 10 blocks as the Benedictine transfers. And the rest of the 95 kids on the football team plus the kids that actually go to the glenville school. It’s actually comical.
Isn't Glenville's district the whole City of Cleveland?

Isn't Glenville's district the whole City of Cleveland?
Technically, yes. All CMSD schools high schools are open-enrollment. Ginn Academy is as well. It just doesn't offer sports. The Glenville football players who attend Ginn Academy have to live in the Glenville neighborhood. They couldn't live in another neighborhood (like the West side), attend GA, and play for Glenville.

It's like a student who attends Akron's STEM school and wants to play football at Buchtel or basketball at East. Well, that student would have to live in West Akron (Buchtel) or Goodyear Heights (East), respectively

Technically, yes. All CMSD schools high schools are open-enrollment. Ginn Academy is as well. It just doesn't offer sports. The Glenville football players who attend Ginn Academy have to live in the Glenville neighborhood. They couldn't live in another neighborhood (like the West side), attend GA, and play for Glenville.

It's like a student who attends Akron's STEM school and wants to play football at Buchtel or basketball at East. Well, that student would have to live in West Akron (Buchtel) or Goodyear Heights (East), respectively
What’s funny is with all Glenville success. You would think glenville would have huge numbers of boys open enrolling into Glenville. But the exact opposite is happening. Their enrollment keeps shrinking. But the football team keeps growing in numbers. Glenville has a zero CB number. Yes that’s right! A ZERO!
But yet every kid is transferring into the Glenville school zone. It’s comical. Maybe someone smarter than me can answer this. If a kid transfers into home school (Glenville) they don’t have to sit.
But if they transfer into Ginn academy they must sit second half of season. Correct? So those Benedictine kids and Walsh qb must be attending Glenville school. Not Ginn academy? Correct

My updated prediction, Glenville goes 15/1 only loss is to IMG. They beat avon, and Hoban.
Hoban only game that is within 10 points!
Glenville top 3 team in state!
Too much speed and firepower!
Might struggle early with quarterback
But as season rolls so does glenville

another note ! Bryce committed to Ohio state today
O-H