Worst Mascots in Ohio

Shenandoah Zeps is a good one, Morgan Raiders....I like ones that have local heritage and cultural ties....even my native Airport Jets in Carleton Michigan

I like the odd/unique ones. Norwalk Truckers comes to mind. Not in Ohio, but Ann Arbor has a couple good/bad ones depending how you look at it. The Pioneer Pioneers and the Huron River Rats. Add in the Dexter Dreadnaughts, Bedford Mules and Lincoln Railsplitters you have lots of unique names in that conference.

I like the odd/unique ones. Norwalk Truckers comes to mind. Not in Ohio, but Ann Arbor has a couple good/bad ones depending how you look at it. The Pioneer Pioneers and the Huron River Rats. Add in the Dexter Dreadnaughts, Bedford Mules and Lincoln Railsplitters you have lots of unique names in that conference.
Bedford Kickin Mules dont forget the kickin part, they get mad. 😂🤣

Thad Matta’s alma mater: The Cornjerkers of Hoopeston, Illinois.
1666636325707.png

Let's Go Berg!
That's actually a great nickname.
Tri Color forever!
Years ago on an ESPN Saturday Game Day show, Heidelberg Student Princes was voted the worst nickname and Bowling Green State University was voted the worst fight song in college sports. I ziggy ziggy zoomba zoomba, I ziggy ziggy zoomba zay! I went to BGSU!

Years ago on an ESPN Saturday Game Day show, Heidelberg Student Princes was voted the worst nickname and Bowling Green State University was voted the worst fight song in college sports. I ziggy ziggy zoomba zoomba, I ziggy ziggy zoomba zay! I went to BGSU!
This can't be the worst fight song:

Secondary, not primary

BG's doesn't outweird Texas A&M , whose fight song is all about the University of Texas, not even their own school:

This can't be the worst fight song:

Secondary, not primary

BG's doesn't outweird Texas A&M , whose fight song is all about the University of Texas, not even their own school:

Good stuff. When we would sing Ziggy Zoomba and end with B-G-S-U the opposing fans would follow with C-K-S! Ha!

Never like when teams have a color in the name, but they aren't that color. Redskins or Yellow jackets but the team is Orange.

Along the lines of no creativity, hate mascots that are just colors. Hamilton Big Blue or Hughes Big Red. Just seems like a lack of effort.
Hamilton used to use a Bulldog as their official mascot, although it’s rarely used anymore.

It gets points for being unique, but I always thought the Hicksville Aces with the playing cards logo was pretty silly.

View attachment 35117

Same with Ayersville and Snoopy for all those years.

Also no offense but....Apaches? It's unique, but a tribe that was never CLOSE to being in Ohio?

But hey, points for uniqueness on all 3. At least it's better than Bulldogs and Rams....

I once had someone mention to me that they didn't understand why any school would name themselves the Trojans when the thing the Trojans are most known for is losing. I then thought about all the schools in my area that were named Trojans and all of them had pretty much had losing records every year recently.

Not worst names, but unique:
Urbana Hillclimbers
Talawanda Brave (not Braves)
Old Fort Stockaders
Oak Hills Highlanders
Jackson Ironmen
Norwalk Truckers
Mansfield Sr. Tygers
Indian Lake Lakers
Indian Lake Clippers…lol
Ayersville Pilots
Washington CH Blue Lions