Worst Mascots in Ohio

Those generic ones with good logos are still great. As others, I like the non-traditional. Toledo Bowsher finally put aside the confederate Rebel (they're the southside school) but there's not been a lot of complaints because they came up with a really cool mascot and logo, the "Blue Racers," a snake local to that area of the city.

Those generic ones with good logos are still great. As others, I like the non-traditional. Toledo Bowsher finally put aside the confederate Rebel (they're the southside school) but there's not been a lot of complaints because they came up with a really cool mascot and logo, the "Blue Racers," a snake local to that area of the city.
Oh yeah. I saw that earlier this season. Great name and they did an awesome job with the logo.

Not the worst, but just a bit unusual: Barberton Magics. The name itself isn't too bad, but when we get to this thing:

whatthehellisthis.png

Did they mean Magic as in "Magic Mike?"

I was teased not too long ago about my high school nickname being the Green Wave. From someone who was a Warrior.

Never like when teams have a color in the name, but they aren't that color. Redskins or Yellow jackets but the team is Orange.

Along the lines of no creativity, hate mascots that are just colors. Hamilton Big Blue or Hughes Big Red. Just seems like a lack of effort.

the generic ones. Panther, Wildcat, Cougar, Jaguar, Lion, Tiger, etc. no creation.

i actually think “Railroader” is a pretty good mascot. especially for a town like Bradford where the railroad may be the most important thing there.
I do as well. That would have been great for Hilliard as well, as its origin was as a train station. Instead we ended up being one of 10,000 Wildcats.

Last edited:
Shelby City Schools in Shelby, OH. "The Whippets" I heard their band likes to play a popular song from Devo...
The Whippet is actually a British Racing Dog similar to the Greyhound. But yeah they've always gravitated towards the Devo song since the 80's.

The Whippet is a British dog breed of medium size. They are a sighthound breed that originated in England, where they descended from the Greyhound. Whippets today still strongly resemble a smaller Greyhound.

126227.jpg