WNBA All-Star Brittney Griner arrested in Russia on drug charges

You never know. When is Rome. Or Amsterdam.
I was in Amsterdam for a work trip once, nice city.

Went to the Ryks museum, that was very good.

Van Gogh museum had a line waiting in the rain several hundred feet long for it to open, never made it.

I was in Amsterdam for a work trip once, nice city.

Went to the Ryks museum, that was very good.

Van Gogh museum had a line waiting in the rain several hundred feet long for it to open, never made it.
Won't do the Van Gogh, either.

Why Isn’t Brittney Griner the Biggest Sports Story in the Country?

The second-best player in every sport is a superstar at a level that 99.999 percent of professional athletes — who are already the elite of the elite of the elite — will never come close to achieving. Joel Embiid finished second in NBA MVP voting last year; in baseball (a sport once actively played in this country), it was Vladimir Guerrero Jr.; and in football, it was Tom Brady.

In the WNBA, the Phoenix Mercury’s Brittney Griner earned this distinction last year. She was second in scoring, sixth in rebounds, first in blocks (she’s on track to become the WNBA’s all-time leader in that category), and, according to most advanced metrics, the best offensive player in the league. Her résumé is glittering: She won an NCAA national championship for Baylor in 2012, the same year she captured college basketball’s Player of the Year Award. She then won a WNBA championship in 2014 and was selected as one of the best 25 players in league history in 2021. She has two Olympic gold medals to her name. In the gold-medal game against Japan in Tokyo last summer, she dominated, scoring 30 points to clinch an easy victory. She is the apex of her sport. She is the best of the best. She is a legend.

Interesting article from this reporter. Not sure how someone can be as clueless as this person writing a whole story that already answered the question that he was posing. Why isn't it a bigger story? Because the WNBA is still a very small league with relatively few fans. If it was someone on the PBA tour or a star Corn Hole player (yes, ESPN televises alot of Corn Hole now), most people wouldn't pay attention to them either. Their names would be almost as unknown as Brittney Griner.

Maybe Dennis Rodman would be willing to offer his services to a fellow basketball player.
He was at Planet Fitness, on a bike, last I saw him.....I think Kim let him too close to the nuke when he was showing off or something. Rodman was glowing, with a purple aura.

Interesting article from this reporter. Not sure how someone can be as clueless as this person writing a whole story that already answered the question that he was posing. Why isn't it a bigger story? Because the WNBA is still a very small league with relatively few fans. If it was someone on the PBA tour or a star Corn Hole player (yes, ESPN televises alot of Corn Hole now), most people wouldn't pay attention to them either. Their names would be almost as unknown as Brittney Griner.
ESPN really believes the WNBA is actually relivent but nothing could be farther from the truth.

Have no fear, Hill Dawg is here!
BBD7A240-5533-42AB-8703-7DAA732C0EE7.jpeg

Actually, if it was a non-descript college athlete or other non-descript pro athlete it would be a bigger story. Griener has NEVER been a favorite. She willingly went to Russia, carried pot in and got popped. What else is there to say? You go to other counties, you play by their rules. And yes, the WNBA is nothing. Unless you a WNBA dork, most people who follow sports can't even name 4 people who play in the league. This continued proliferation of women's sports not being equal is getting old to the masses. Be it US women's soccer, NCAA women's basketball, WNBA player's it really doesn't matter. People are tired of this act. Most reasonable people understand the landscape. Women's team sports do not sell in America. Individual sports, tennis, golf, a little. And yes, it truly matters how the athlete looks like it or not.

If you've ever traveled outside the US it takes about 2 minutes to realize your in a very different place. Act accordingly.

Of course all the racial accusations are going to come out, regards the US's handling. Where were these jokers when vandel boy got caned in Singapore? There was another one caused big arguments on the message boards. I believe that one in China.

My opinion now is my opinion on that. When your self-serving stupity puts your country at a political disadvantage, you are treasonist. Screw you, enjoy the free meals.
Weird Al-Headline News:

Once, there was this kid who
Took a trip to Singapore and brought along his spray paint
And when he finally came back
He had cane marks all over his bottom…

She is an American. I want her home.

She is a whole bunch of other things I don't agree with, including a pot-smoker, and, evidently, very poor at hiding it. Therefore, I am not losing any sleep over her situation.

But, she is an American, being used as a pawn in an international political game. So, I want her home. Say what you want about Bad Orange Man, but I believe she would already be home if he was in the WH.

She is a whole bunch of other things I don't agree with, including a pot-smoker, and, evidently, very poor at hiding it. Therefore, I am not losing any sleep over her situation.

But, she is an American, being used as a pawn in an international political game. So, I want her home. Say what you want about Bad Orange Man, but I believe she would already be home if he was in the WH.
Great post, Iwonder if she'll view the USA differently, when and if she returns(I sure hope so).

I agree.

I agree with IVC, I’d like to see her home. With that being said, I don’t think she’ll change her tune about the USA.

However, I do find this hilarious:

Paige Bueckers-

"Just a message to President Biden, the government and anybody with high enough power to help get Brittney Griner back home. I believe it's way far due for her to come home, and she's an American. She's a hero. She's our sister in the WNBA, and she's just family to the whole United States. So, just whatever it takes to get her home, I think it's definitely time," Bueckers said.

Family? Sorry Paige, not my family, and certainly no hero?.