• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love going to the state championship games - but I have not been to one since it moved to Dayton. The games should be as close to the center of the state as possible. I'm not driving 3+ hours to watch a game - I would drive 2. I'm sure I'm not alone.
Dayton is a way better venue and they actually want these games.

People, well mainly coaches, have a beef because they can't walk to the Varsity Club. The Varsity Club is a place where coaches go to talk to other coaches so they can boost/stroke each others egos.

There are places in Dayton where the basketball people go since this tournament moved here that could easily surpass The Varsity Club.

Question? When DSJ was a power in football, We’re all those kids from Delphos? Heck were they all from 1 county? Kids wanted to go there and be part of a winning program. Now the VanWert, Crestview, Shawnee etc kids stay at their local schools. Back to basketball, Maybe DSJ beats richmond next year as DSJ has a very good young team with a legit stud. However, your sour grapes about kids coming in from other areas to play together is getting old. Richmond kids have been friends and played together at various levels from 3rd grade on. So maybe Richmond should change its name to Richmond St Johns then maybe it is ok?
When they were winning the titles this came.up alot...and dsj folks would post the roster from junior high and the roster from 7th grade to their Sr yr was usually pretty much the same.

We would play DSJ on JH and in HS.
Same kids.

Speed on over to lima and a reason why LCC would always get told to kick rocks when th3y wanted to join the MAC is because their rosters turned over fro FROSH to their Sr urs.

So...as a Mac guy yes....dsj was always a different sort of private achool.....they generally are stacked with Delphos kids.

Question? When DSJ was a power in football, We’re all those kids from Delphos? Heck were they all from 1 county? Kids wanted to go there and be part of a winning program. Now the VanWert, Crestview, Shawnee etc kids stay at their local schools. Back to basketball, Maybe DSJ beats richmond next year as DSJ has a very good young team with a legit stud. However, your sour grapes about kids coming in from other areas to play together is getting old. Richmond kids have been friends and played together at various levels from 3rd grade on. So maybe Richmond should change its name to Richmond St Johns then maybe it is ok?
Yes, they were from Delphos. They started at DSJ in kindergarten. Delphos sits at the intersection of three counties so they were from three counties same as kids in the public school. We didn't have talented kids from multiple school districts transfer to DSJ to play football. I'd be interested to see a list of RH's varsity players with where they attended grade school and where they play jr. high basketball. I'm curious as to how many different school districts they came from.

LCC they all homegrown? doesn’t OG have a Kalida kid or 2? Russia might be the closest to Hoosiers. Many people on here throwing stones from glass houses
Have a funny story RE LCC.
Played them in a frosh Tourny, and as seniors as well

Some.mom.kept the program from the frosh tournament.....not one of those frosh kids were on the varsity roster as seniors....

A good high school coach wins with the talent he has at his high school. A good coach develops his high school's kids and coaches them to win. He doesn't need to bring in talent from all over to win.
Why are you assuming he is bringing these kids in just to win a basketball title. Maybe he's trying to help them have a better chance at life. You can't know the answer, either way, so why not assume that the coach has good intentions?

I love going to the state championship games - but I have not been to one since it moved to Dayton. The games should be as close to the center of the state as possible. I'm not driving 3+ hours to watch a game - I would drive 2. I'm sure I'm not alone.
Well your absence is going to count in the total attendance records that some posters are hung up on instead of the actual game! 😂

Who cares? State championship was still awarded snd lifetime memories were made. How many people showed up when you played in a state championship game and did it have any effect on your game?
Hating and jokes aside, if you don't see a problem with this, you're blind. This is bigger than the teams we're talking about. Continuing to Enable Sports academies will murder the state tournament if it isn't already dead.

Why are you assuming he is bringing these kids in just to win a basketball title. Maybe he's trying to help them have a better chance at life. You can't know the answer, either way, so why not assume that the coach has good intentions?
So if he's bringing in kids just to "help them" is it just a coincidence that they are ALL very talented basketball players?

Yes, they were from Delphos. They started at DSJ in kindergarten. Delphos sits at the intersection of three counties so they were from three counties same as kids in the public school. We didn't have talented kids from multiple school districts transfer to DSJ to play football. I'd be interested to see a list of RH's varsity players with where they attended grade school and where they play jr. high basketball. I'm curious as to how many different school districts they came from.
lol they were not all from Delphos and just because they went there from van wert in 7th grade doesn’t make it better

lol they were not all from Delphos and just because they went there from van wert in 7th grade doesn’t make it better
I have never heard of DSJ recruiting anyone for football and in fact the people in Delphos and area schools would complain if they did.

Hating and jokes aside, if you don't see a problem with this, you're blind. This is bigger than the teams we're talking about. Continuing to Enable Sports academies will murder the state tournament if it isn't already dead.
They literally just added 3 more championships why are you and others being so dramatic? Im sure those state semis in rural Ohio will have great attendance. Most communities in NEO across the board do not have the same support they used to have even 15 or so years ago

Congrats to Heights. The best team won. No one ever bit@$^s when Marion Local destroy's all of DVII in football. To be the best you have to beat the best. And I'm not dragging ML into this, they're just a good example of a team that's dominant in football.
Cause ML are all home grown kids.

Relax, champ no one is “hating” and yes, I had a lot of sarcasm in my joke.

I have never heard of DSJ recruiting anyone for football and in fact the people in Delphos and area schools would complain if they did.
Must be Russian disinformation then. I will call my old neighbor up and ask him how many miles he put on his old Toyota Tercel driving from west VW county to DJS hs for his kid to play football. Maybe they didn’t recruit him, I know he wanted to go there so all is good. Kind of sounds just like the Richmond kids wanting to go to that school. My point is you can sugar coat this all you want but it has been going on forever. Just so happens this group is very talented.

Must be Russian disinformation then. I will call my old neighbor up and ask him how many miles he put on his old Toyota Tercel driving from west VW county to DJS hs for his kid to play football. Maybe they didn’t recruit him, I know he wanted to go there so all is good. Kind of sounds just like the Richmond kids wanting to go to that school. My point is you can sugar coat this all you want but it has been going on forever. Just so happens this group is very talented.
Yea, no clue who it would have been tbh.

Hiland won back to back in 2011 and 2012 with a move in all-Ohio transfer player from Stasburg.. they don't smell either title without him.... Hiland recruited to win 2 titles... nothing different than what you Richmond Heights haters are preaching..

You would be shocked when you see how many kids attended Richmond Heights schools since elementary school. The transfers are far less then you think.

Hiland won back to back in 2011 and 2012 with a move in all-Ohio transfer player from Stasburg.. they don't smell either title without him.... Hiland recruited to win 2 titles... nothing different than what you Richmond Heights haters are preaching..
Aaah there's Bertha. I wondered where you were. Angry Strasburg fan comes out about once a year.

Sports Academy - LOL. Richmond Heights literally stinks in every other sport. They just had a football team this year for the first time in years and prior to that they had to forfeit games. How hard is it to understand that they hired a coach that kids want to play for because they are winning ? Winning is the ultimate recruiting tool. If your an area kid and your school has a bad program and you have the talent to play at Heights - why wouldn't you. They have a lot of positives. They have a new high school and are the 3 time defending champs. That is only going to make them stronger. GET OVER IT. They are not breaking any rules and are only playing where they are assigned to play by the OHSAA. Just because the haters are butt hurt does not take anything away from their sucess. So they don't travel well - name me a urban school that does. Congrats to Heights - make it 4 in a row next year.

Sports Academy - LOL. Richmond Heights literally stinks in every other sport. They just had a football team this year for the first time in years and prior to that they had to forfeit games. How hard is it to understand that they hired a coach that kids want to play for because they are winning ? Winning is the ultimate recruiting tool. If your an area kid and your school has a bad program and you have the talent to play at Heights - why wouldn't you. They have a lot of positives. They have a new high school and are the 3 time defending champs. That is only going to make them stronger. GET OVER IT. They are not breaking any rules and are only playing where they are assigned to play by the OHSAA. Just because the haters are butt hurt does not take anything away from their sucess. So they don't travel well - name me an urban school that does. Congrats to Heights - make it 4 in a row next year.
Lately, the football and basketball state championship games have been overshadowed by attendance figures, lol. You see that a lot with a D2 football fan base.