• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'm sticking with Warren JFK. If they're healthy and keep the well oiled machine together they can win it.

Ok, I don't like the Richmond Heights situation any better than anyone else and really do think it's an absolute joke they are playing inD4......but a serious question to those who voted for Russia. Do you honestly feel that way.....or are you just not willing to vote for RH? Another question......Richmond Heights played arguably the toughest schedule in Ohio in any division. Russia played the #41 schedule in D4. If Russia played RH's regular season schedule.....how many wins do you think they would have had?

Ok, I don't like the Richmond Heights situation any better than anyone else and really do think it's an absolute joke they are playing inD4......but a serious question to those who voted for Russia. Do you honestly feel that way.....or are you just not willing to vote for RH? Another question......Richmond Heights played arguably the toughest schedule in Ohio in any division. Russia played the #41 schedule in D4. If Russia played RH's regular season schedule.....how many wins do you think they would have had?
I’m one of the Russia voters, and I voted them sincerely out of vibes along with a tremendous respect for their athletics — not out of any disdain, judgment or ill feelings toward Richmond Heights.

...whoops. What i started to say was that I've seen several of the top NEO Div 4 teams - including JFK a few times (and Richmond heights quite a bit) and I can't see anyone staying close to Richmond in that division even if Richmond has an off night. I do hope I'm wrong. Would love to see them really tested. I just hope teams don't go to the 4 quarter stall game to do it.

Not sure how much Russia or Richmond Hts lost from last season, but it was a 41-38 after 3 quarters last season. So Russia has seen them before and has been in that environment before, but RH is obviously the favorite.

Not sure how much Russia or Richmond Hts lost from last season, but it was a 41-38 after 3 quarters last season. So Russia has seen them before and has been in that environment before, but RH is obviously the favorite.
There are a couple teams who could challenge them on their best day, but a best of seven series R H would be the nearly unanimous and obvious pick.

This is a year when the other winner of the first round at state between two of the three teams not named Richmond Heights, will get the opportunity to face the arguably best team in the state.

The state championship game should give us a good example of what an all one class tournament would look like. Richmond Heights by 20 would be my guess.

Wouldn't be surprised if Troy Christan beats Russia, TC beat OG on OG's homecourt and I know Russia beat TC early in the season. Saw Russia at the end of the season vs Marion Local, Flyers took them to OT, Raiders lack a true center. I believe Toledo Christan wins NW region and has the best chance of knocking off RH.

Don’t look past Hiland either we were with in three of Lutheran east eventually lost by 10 and luethern east beat Richmond heights rather easily. We lost by 2 at Ottowa glandorf on a last second three we can play with anyone. We did loose two seniors including are big guy 6-7 but we are still playing really good just beat Monroe central by 11 in the district finals. Everyone thought we were going to loose by 15. I think Hiland will make it and I hope Warren jfk beats Richmond heights.

I would say the same about Lima Central Catholic. They have the strongest schedule by far in that region.
I would agree based on the eye test, but based on Martin RPI, LCC and TC's SOS are virtually identical. TC has nobody on their schedule comparable to OG or Lima Senior and LCC beat them both. If LCC shows up I don't think TC can play with them.....

Hiland had the second toughest schedule behind Richmond heights this year. We did not have are best player for the first 7 games that hurt as well. Are defense is the best and we are very deep and quick.

I would agree based on the eye test, but based on Martin RPI, LCC and TC's SOS are virtually identical. TC has nobody on their schedule comparable to OG or Lima Senior and LCC beat them both. If LCC shows up I don't think TC can play with them.....
TC beat OG unless you mean Toledo Christian.

Yes, Toledo Christian. The comment was toward beantown saying LCC schedule was by far stronger than TC
I tell ya LCC only beat Arlington by 4 and I am sure TC would have wiped the floor with Arlington. They have the advantage of getting those Toledo basketball players. LCC is good but not as good at Toledo Christian.

Toledo C beat Emmanuel Christan twice. EC plays OG wed. night in D3 regional semifinal also beat Old Fort who plays LCC in D4 regional semifinal Tuesday night. However, we will find out real soon who the better team is (LCC or Toledo C) if they both make it to the finals.

Wouldn't be surprised if Troy Christan beats Russia, TC beat OG on OG's homecourt and I know Russia beat TC early in the season. Saw Russia at the end of the season vs Marion Local, Flyers took them to OT, Raiders lack a true center. I believe Toledo Christan wins NW region and has the best chance of knocking off RH.
It likely will come down to who is hitting from three point range. Russia shot either 7of 10 or 8 of 10 from three in the first half of their game vs Troy Christian. Troy Christian shot very well and was 10 of 10 from the free throw line plus hit all three final shots of the quarter in the first three quarters vs OG so it just goes to show, defense can carry you just so far, the fickle finger of fate from the offensive production side very often determines these games between comparable opponents.

It doesn't matter who played whos schedule. I get that it gets you ready but it just matters that in 1 game I think Russia can compete. Maybe not. They played them tougher then anyone last year. I'm not from Western Ohio so I may be way off but we will see.

Hiland had the second toughest schedule behind Richmond heights this year. We did not have are best player for the first 7 games that hurt as well. Are defense is the best and we are very deep and quick.
Isn’t Yoder out for the season
And you play Northside tonight should be a good game
They return everyone except 1

Last edited:
Don’t look past Hiland either we were with in three of Lutheran east eventually lost by 10 and luethern east beat Richmond heights rather easily. We lost by 2 at Ottowa glandorf on a last second three we can play with anyone. We did loose two seniors including are big guy 6-7 but we are still playing really good just beat Monroe central by 11 in the district finals. Everyone thought we were going to loose by 15. I think Hiland will make it and I hope Warren jfk beats Richmond heights.
Nobody thought Hiland was going to lose to Monroe Central. Everyone who pays attention in the Eastern District would have had Hiland the favorite going into that game.

Nobody thought Hiland was going to lose to Monroe Central. Everyone who pays attention in the Eastern District would have had Hiland the favorite going into that game.
Agreed.....and most people would have thought Hiland would win by more than 11

Yes Yoder is out for the season tore his acl and are other good senior is out broke his ankle Beachy he was a good defensive player. I figure we would win by at least 10 we beat them master year by 30 at Hiland. I don’t think tonight’s game is going to be that close are defense is to Good Friday’s game will be better if we play south Webster. Northside Christian lost there good player that don’t have much I think it might get ugly fast but I could be wrong I think we win by at least 10 it could be 20. I won’t make the trip tonight but I will on Friday.

Yes Yoder is out for the season tore his acl and are other good senior is out broke his ankle Beachy he was a good defensive player. I figure we would win by at least 10 we beat them master year by 30 at Hiland. I don’t think tonight’s game is going to be that close are defense is to Good Friday’s game will be better if we play south Webster. Northside Christian lost there good player that don’t have much I think it might get ugly fast but I could be wrong I think we win by at least 10 it could be 20. I won’t make the trip tonight but I will on Friday.
Hmm I guess you haven’t seen Northside play this year
Watch what you say
Might be raining threes all night

Last edited: