• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question? What is the required number of years for “home grown”. By next year the core of RH will all have 4 years at same school.
It takes a minimum of 7 years for seniors to be "home grown". Kids have to move through at minimum one primary grade, then middle school and finally high school to get that honorable distinction.

Home grown are kids who actually live in the school district boundaries and have for many years, and who did not open enroll for the primary purpose of playing sports. Someone who open enrolls and never moves into the school district is never considered home grown. I suppose this is a public school comment. For private schools is it hard to define home grown. Probably someone who lives withing a few miles of the school, not someone who drives 5 to 50 miles to get to the school, or enrolls for the primary purpose of playing sports

Home grown are kids who actually live in the school district boundaries and have for many years, and who did not open enroll for the primary purpose of playing sports. Someone who open enrolls and never moves into the school district is never considered home grown. I suppose this is a public school comment. For private schools is it hard to define home grown. Probably someone who lives withing a few miles of the school, not someone who drives 5 to 50 miles to get to the school, or enrolls for the primary purpose of playing sports
I built my qualifications for "home grown" specifically thinking of private or public schools. If a kid is in a private school for their primary years I don't think they are attending just for sports. Middle school years the recruiting begins in ernest, mostly from AAU style teams and friends wanting to play together. My suspicion is most recruiting comes from fellow athletes not from adults.