Week 6: Elder

You saying O’Malley removed himself from the Elder Game?
Being replaced for a couple of offensive series does NOT equate to being replaced for the season-- Ken Anderson was removed from a game (for Turk Schonert) early in the 1981 season-- and Schonert even led the team to a come-from-behind victory in that game-- Anderson then went on to start every game that season, and led the Bungals to their first Super Bowl berth-- and was the NFL's MVP that season...

We don't know yet whether last week's intra-game switch was just a temporary phenomenon or some kind of permanent change... Saying that O'Malley has been "benched" is premature... right now, O'Malley is probably X's MVP for this season (if ANYONE can claim that title, in this benighted season).

Being replaced for a couple of offensive series does NOT equate to being replaced for the season-- Ken Anderson was removed from a game (for Turk Schonert) early in the 1981 season-- and Schonert even led the team to a come-from-behind victory in that game-- Anderson then went on to start every game that season, and led the Bungals to their first Super Bowl berth-- and was the NFL's MVP that season...

We don't know yet whether last week's intra-game switch was just a temporary phenomenon or some kind of permanent change... Saying that O'Malley has been "benched" is premature... right now, O'Malley is probably X's MVP for this season (if ANYONE can claim that title, in this benighted season).
Kudos for introducing the word benighted to the Yappi board. I had to look that one up. Word of the day

I know I am an Elder "Guy" and a little biased. But X got out coached and out played. Benching the QB for a clearly less talented player are coaches trying to deflect blame from themselves. Elder was not better talent wise, but they were better prepared and Elder kids wanted it more.

I know I am an Elder "Guy" and a little biased. But X got out coached and out played. Benching the QB for a clearly less talented player are coaches trying to deflect blame from themselves. Elder was not better talent wise, but they were better prepared and Elder kids wanted it more.
Was Herbstreit clearly less talented? I don't know that I'd say that - I also don't know that I'd say he was obviously better either.

I also don't know about the talent comment. Elder has some very good players. I'd argue that Elder has more talented players, just not as many with D1 offers.

Was Herbstreit clearly less talented? I don't know that I'd say that - I also don't know that I'd say he was obviously better either.

I also don't know about the talent comment. Elder has some very good players. I'd argue that Elder has more talented players, just not as many with D1 offers.
Fair enough, but Herbstreit is not better at QB, it is not close. Just watching them throw before the game tells the story. If X keep the bigger QB in the game. They score on the QB sneak right before the half. Outcome does not change, but at least it is still a ball game.

Fair enough, but Herbstreit is not better at QB, it is not close. Just watching them throw before the game tells the story. If X keep the bigger QB in the game. They score on the QB sneak right before the half. Outcome does not change, but at least it is still a ball game.
The balls definitely came out with more zip and got where they needed to be after the switch. It'll be interesting to see what the move is going forward