Week 4: Elder(3-0) vs. St. Edward(3-0) Away

Last year, we parked and walked from St. Edward HS when Moe made the trip up. It was like a 10 min walk. Of course we were already at St. Edward, watching frosh and JV games so that made it easier.

Safe travels and good luck to Elder and their fans.

I never understood why Elder doesn't send their freshman and jv for a game.

This isn't the most star-studded St. Edward defense in terms of D1 prospects, but it might be one of the most athletic we've had in years. Lots of multi-sport athletes. Aside from Kilbane (Northwestern) and Gedeon (Coastal Carolina), the other players on defense that have D1 FBS offers to date are Troy Regovich (Class of '24 DL with a Kentucky offer) and Kyan Mason ('24 ATH with offers from Pitt, Kentucky, Charlotte, Miami U, Kent St., and UCONN).

The secondary has good speed and athleticism, but many are first year starters. Ed's runs out of a base nickel defense. Seniors Johnny Hutton and Cy Colvin are on the corners, senior Cam Drewery plays the nickel, and there a combination of safeties that see the field depending on down and distance. Junior Cam'rin Boone is also a guy that you will see rep at corner. He has D1 potential. Kyan Mason and Brad Eaton are typically the deep safeties. Mason plays both ways and, while undersized, is lighting fast and aggressive. Eaton is just a sophomore and is playing football for the first time since 7th grade. He is a standout wrestler (placed 5th at 138 as a freshman) and soccer player as well. Gave up soccer to put the pads on this year. The box safeties that will see the field are senior Seamus Kennedy and junior Eddie Andrews. This group has a high ceiling, but are suffering some growing pains at the moment. Slot receivers have been killing us so far and I expect Ramsey to go after this young group.

The two linebackers are junior Jonny Slaper (state placer at 190 in wrestling and baseball starter) and sophomore Nate Gregory (also a very good wrestler). They have been very impressive so far as first-year starters.

Thank you. It sounds like an uphill battle for the Panthers tomorrow.

Has anyone heard info about parking at/near the stadium? I've heard that it's not very plentiful, but didn't know if there was any tips flying around.
Untitled.jpg

Finding street parking isn't difficult - you just need to walk a block or three depending on what time you arrive.

For anyone not making the trip to Lakewood tomorrow, ENN will have a stream of the game on EHSports.com.

Safe travels Elder faithful! Bring sunglasses and a hat. You'll have the sun in your face for most of the game.

E fought hard this game, very impressed even though they lost.

Last edited:
Great effort by Elder today. The fumble in the 1st half was big for Ed's. The defender made a great play knocking it loose. Missed FG must have missed by inches in 2nd half. Winning the turnover battle was key, but it just wasn't enough to get the win. I don't like moral victories, but it was encouraging to see them take Ed's to the wire in Cleveland. Elder has a very good team and needs to keep getting better every week.