Week 10: SVSM @ Walsh Jesuit

Perfectly stated AJM.

Since both teams are locked into the playoffs already - a perfect scenario is a game tonight where both schools play their guts out, the coaches coach as hard as they can, and no player on either side suffers a significant injury.

I would be stunned if either team wins this game by a significant margin. Look through the history of this series and the only time scores like that have happened is when one team is having a decidely better season than the other. The Vrabel teams at Walsh, and the state title teams from SVSM come to mind. Certainly not the case this year. Teams so evenly matched they probably could swap jerseys.

Gonna be a game that is an open advertisement for all that is good about HS football.

Perfectly stated AJM.

Since both teams are locked into the playoffs already - a perfect scenario is a game tonight where both schools play their guts out, the coaches coach as hard as they can, and no player on either side suffers a significant injury.

I would be stunned if either team wins this game by a significant margin. Look through the history of this series and the only time scores like that have happened is when one team is having a decidely better season than the other. The Vrabel teams at Walsh, and the state title teams from SVSM come to mind. Certainly not the case this year. Teams so evenly matched they probably could swap jerseys.

Gonna be a game that is an open advertisement for all that is good about HS football.

Thanks, Brooksie.

btw: WJBN hasn't tweeted out the link for the stream for the game tonight yet.

I will put it in here once they do.

Perfectly stated AJM.

I think this is actually a pretty huge game for Walsh as far as Harbins go. They need to avoid that #8-9 seed range, which would likely land them a daunting 2nd round matchup. A loss would put them squarely in the middle of the playoff pack.

I think this is actually a pretty huge game for Walsh as far as Harbins go. They need to avoid that #8-9 seed range, which would likely land them a daunting 2nd round matchup. A loss would put them squarely in the middle of the playoff pack.

Was thinking about this as well...

It's interesting because at some point, whether it's the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round - you're going to have to beat Hoban (Presuming you continue to advance).

Was thinking about this as well...

It's interesting because at some point, whether it's the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round - you're going to have to beat Hoban (Presuming you continue to advance).
Most likely, and that's exactly what Alexander would say, too. But, I think any HC privately would rather avoid a matchup like that as long as you can, especially if you're good enough to be a week 13 or 14 type team, which they are.

Most likely, and that's exactly what Alexander would say, too. But, I think any HC privately would rather avoid a matchup like that as long as you can, especially if you're good enough to be a week 13 or 14 type team, which they are.
The same could be said about the Irish. A win could get them the #3 seed; which would avoid Hoban until possibly the regional final if that's how it would work out. It would also get them 2 home games; which would be huge. But a thought process like that only sets up a team for failure. The Irish have enough to worry about tonight with the Warriors without adding a potential re-match with Hoban 3 or 4 weeks down the road into the mix! The same holds true for Walsh.

The same could be said about the Irish. A win could get them the #3 seed; which would avoid Hoban until possibly the regional final if that's how it would work out. It would also get them 2 home games; which would be huge. But a thought process like that only sets up a team for failure. The Irish have enough to worry about tonight with the Warriors without adding a potential re-match with Hoban 3 or 4 weeks down the road into the mix! The same holds true for Walsh.
I'm not saying this ever enters the kids' minds, those are scenarios for the coaches to worry about. I'm sure the players just have the game in mind, nothing more. My guess is players on both teams would like to see Hoban again, whenever it might be. STV's in a good spot, they'll likely end up no lower than #5 even with a L. Get yourselves to the regional semis, and take your best shot. I'd say the same for Walsh.

Never in my life have I seen a first half nuclear meltdown like that.

The turning was the Warriors stopping the Irishon 4th and 1 in Irish plus territory. From that point forward, the Warrior defense pressure was suffocating. Two HUGE mistakes by Carter and Walsh flat-out outplaying the Irish - and here we are.

It will take a Joe Woods type collapse by Walsh for the Irish to win.

Never in my life have I seen a first half nuclear meltdown like that.

The turning was the Warriors stopping the Irishon 4th and 1 in Irish plus territory. From that point forward, the Warrior defense pressure was suffocating. Two HUGE mistakes by Carter and Walsh flat-out outplaying the Irish - and here we are.

It will take a Joe Woods type collapse by Walsh for the Irish to win.
Agreed. Walsh was in trouble prior to that huge stop led by Brock Sherman. St V was pounding the rock and getting good yards until Walsh switched to a 3-4 forcing several 3rd and longs. Markell is very athletic and generally throws a nice ball but loses accuracy on the run and sophomore safety Aiden Henry made him pay twice with an interception to the Irish 5 and a 98 yard pick 6.

Irish getting
16DB7962-C375-4FF9-863D-8CE74AA5F842.jpeg

I think the OL has forgotten how to block. How many consecutive snaps have the Warriors been in our backfield?

Walsh clearly better (tonight??). They were playing for a better playoff seed. Were the Irish players or coaches complacent with their seed? Don’t know. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for SVSM going into the post season. Or will it knock the snot out of them?