top ten greater cincinnati? (records)

i already chipped in with the fairfield throwers record coming from the anderson invite.

Lancermania said:
Greater Cincinnati All Time Track & Field Top Ten Guidelines

1. For a school to be eligible to have one or more of its athletes considered for this list, it must meet two of the three criteria established by the Southwest Ohio Track and Cross Country Coaches Association:
1.1 - The school must be in a league composed of primarily Cincinnati area schools.
1.2 - The school must participate in a Cincinnati area district meet.
1.3 - The school must be within thirty miles of downtown Cincinnati.

2. All times in the running events will be fully automatic. Manual times will be converted to FAT by adding 0.24 seconds to the manual time.

3. The 100 meters dash will be an exception to guideline two. Only fully automatic times will be considered for this list. No 100 yard dash times will be converted to 100 meters.

4. Times which were made in the 220 yards dash, 440 yards dash, 880 yards dash, mile run, two mile run, 440 yards relay, 880 yards relay, mile relay, and two mile relay will be converted by multiplying the yards time by 0.9939.

How did we arrive at this number? Take any yards distance and its corresponding metric distance, convert both to inches, then divide the metric distance in inches by the yards distance in inches, and you will get the same for each--0.9939 which represents how much of the yards distance is the metric distance.

5. The 300 meters hurdles is a singular event since the height was changed from 30" to 36" in 1987 when the event ceased to be the low hurdles and became the intermediate hurdles. Therefore no time in this event can be considered prior to 1987.

6. This list is only for outdoor marks. Nothing done indoors will be put on these lists.

7. A athlete will only be listed one time on each list with his career best mark. Relays must have at least one name different to be listed multiple times.

8. Only marks made during the regular high school outdoor season will be considered. The meet must be a meet among two or more OHSAA member schools (dual and triangular meets are acceptable). Post season meets after the Ohio state championship meet must be limited to high school athletes only who are representing their high school teams. Right now there are three meets which meet this requirement: Golden West Invitational, Nike Outdoor Championships, and Midwest Meet of Champions.

these look good to me.

Seek Up said:
I'm still convinced there are a handful of performances we are missing.

Adam Chambers, 58'9½", 2005, Western Brown Invitational, 1st.
Oh, say it isn't so. Another one of moemanxc's men gets bumped off our list in Big Ben.

I went and looked for the 1:53.7 800 meters that Eric Miller allegedly ran in 1986 which is posted on their web site as their school record, and it was nowhere to be found on microfilm. I began my search with April 1, 1986 and ended it at the district where Eric Miller finished 5th in the 800 with a 1:58.7. He did get out in the 1600 meters with a fourth place finish in 4:22.4.

At the Anderson Invitational and also the at the Glen Este Invitational, Eric Miller was beaten by Joe Stegbauer of McNicholas. At the Glen Este Invitational, it appers that Stegbauer and Miller both ran the same time--1:55.8--since they both are on the honor roll the last two weeks of the season with that time. There are absolutely no meet results in the Enquirer which show that Miller went 1:53.7. Hence, we can't put him on our list.

I'm bailing out on this project as of Sunday. I believe we've done all we can for the top ten. I'm going to go through all 18 pages to make sure, evevything has been considered that was posted by a committe member. Also, I'm going to put my file in a standard order for all lists as follows:

#. mark, year, name, school, meet, place.

It's been fun, but it's time to bail. We found the handful of marks Seek Up said were still missing (5), so now it's time to bid adieau to all SLIMS members.

Yeah I actually was gonna mention Chambers to you but I've been on vacation. And I totally forgot about Dixon, but oh well, I digress. I think it looks really good, and thanks for catching my mixup in the vault. I think we can declare this subject officially dead.

Seek Up said:
Based on our experience with Wyoming, I have every right not to solely take the word of an AD - he had the year wrong for Blaine's mark.

I got an email today where Jim Barre, AD at Wyoming, says it was in 1981 where Blaine set the 400 meters mark, so Seek Up was right. Wyoming does have the wrong year in the record books.

I put what we have in a Microsoft Word file and sent a copy to Karl Kauffman, who maintains the records for Greater Cincinnati. Here is his reply:

"That's an impressive piece of work. It must have taken you guys forever. Thanks for sending it, I needed the 4x200 record in particular. I'll see what I can do about confirming Bird's discus mark. Knowing Kurt I'm sure it's legit, but I'll get back to you as soon as I know more."

moemanxc, skins99, impartial observer if you guys want a copy send me your email address in a PM and send you what I have.

I know we claimed we were finished, but I had a quick question and I'm too tired to go through 18 pp of this thread. I also know Princeton doesn't need any more entires on the list, but, in all fairness... What happened to Brian England's 48.7 440 yard dash to win the GMC in 1976 over the great Todd Bell (48.9) of Middletown? This should convert to a 48.64 and put him 8th on the list. Of course, I hate seeing a mark from 1965 get bumped as a result. It's never too late to make changes!!

Seek Up said:
I know we claimed we were finished, but I had a quick question and I'm too tired to go through 18 pp of this thread. I also know Princeton doesn't need any more entires on the list, but, in all fairness... What happened to Brian England's 48.7 440 yard dash to win the GMC in 1976 over the great Todd Bell (48.9) of Middletown? This should convert to a 48.64 and put him 8th on the list. Of course, I hate seeing a mark from 1965 get bumped as a result. It's never too late to make changes!!

Seek Up, our job is never done. You and I are the custodians of this list. Change is constant and forever occurring. You're on this project for life with Lancermania. Thanks for the update.

When I first posted Brian England on the 400 list, I had his regional time on it. I went back through all the pages since that list was put on and can find no post about his GMC time which is why it was never put on.

He has now been added as #8 on the 400 list pushing down Jonathan Mullins-Hall as #9 and Kevin Arthur as #10. Card Davis goes off the list. I have updated the team scores to reflect this.

I got an email from Darrin Braddix, Roger Bacon's head coach. He wants us to put Clinton Davis's freshman time at Roger Bacon down. He ran 37.33 at the state meet, I believe. He rasises an interesting question. Can we have Davis down twice because he was two different schools? What do the Committee members say about this issue. It has never been dealt with.

Lancermania said:
I got an email from Darrin Braddix, Roger Bacon's head coach. He wants us to put Clinton Davis's freshman time at Roger Bacon down. He ran 37.33 at the state meet, I believe. He rasises an interesting question. Can we have Davis down twice because he was two different schools? What do the Committee members say about this issue. It has never been dealt with.

Because of Braddix's email, I was made aware of another error on our lists. Clinton Davis is listed with a bogus time in the 300 hurdles because in 1986 the height of the hurdles was 30" not 36" as in subsequent years. Thus I have reverted his time on the list back to his state championship time in 1988 of 37.35. He stays at second so it does not effect scoring.

Also, that rules out Davis making the list with his 1985 time at Roger Bacon. I sent an email to Braddix notifying him of the error in Bacon's school record.

I got an email from Dan Rosenbaum, head coach at McNicholas. He wanted to know if we knew what Charles Kiser time was at state in the 200 since they didn't have much from the mid-80's at McNick.

I told him Kiser was second with a 22.03.

He also said Kiser was the best track athlete ever at McNick, but unfortunately, he was killed in Irak. I'm just glad we can immortalize his great performance with our list. SLIMS Committee members hereby express their deepest sympathy and condolences to the McNicholas community for its tragic loss.

Lancermania said:
I got an email from Dan Rosenbaum, head coach at McNicholas. He wanted to know if we knew what Charles Kiser time was at state in the 200 since they didn't have much from the mid-80's at McNick.

I told him Kiser was second with a 22.03.

We probably should ask Danny if he has any idea where Kiser ran his 21.55 - it's listed as McNick's school record.

Seek Up said:
We probably should ask Danny if he has any idea where Kiser ran his 21.55 - it's listed as McNick's school record.

We can ask, but remember he wasn't the coach that year; and he's already told us records are very sketchy from the mid-eighties.

I went to their records page. At the bottom, he says all the times listed are hand held. Here is the link:

http://www.mcnhs.org/rosenbaum_d/track/track_records.htm

That means the 21.55 must be rounded up to 21.6, then converted to FAT by adding 0.24 giving him 21.84. We have him listed at 21.82. The final honor roll of 1985 has him at 22.2 which came out before the regional where he ran his 21.82.

Last edited:
Lancermania said:
We can ask, but remember he wasn't the coach that year; and he's already told us records are very sketchy from the mid-eighties.

I went to their records page. At the bottom, he says all the times listed are hand held. Here is the link:

http://www.mcnhs.org/rosenbaum_d/track/track_records.htm

That means the 21.55 must be rounded up to 21.6, then converted to FAT by adding 0.24 giving him 21.84. We have him listed at 21.82. The final honor roll of 1985 has him at 22.2 which came out before the regional where he ran his 21.82.
I am aware he wasn't coach that year - he wasn't even in high school, I believe... My thought was maybe that time was FAT, and the sketchiness of their records could not verify this. It's no big deal, I'm just trying to be thorough.

Seek Up said:
I am aware he wasn't coach that year - he wasn't even in high school, I believe... My thought was maybe that time was FAT, and the sketchiness of their records could not verify this. It's no big deal, I'm just trying to be thorough.

I sent him the email asking where he did those times and if they were FAT.

Seek Up said:

I asked Danny, and here is his answer:

Our records had his 10.99 and 21.80 FAT times. I changed
them to hand times. We had a boy run 10.9 hand timed in
1999. I didn't know if I should count that as a school
record until I found out that Kiser's time were FAT. I
didn't know where he ran those times until you sent me the
all-city marks. I felt that since all of our meets
(except regionals and state) use hand times, that was
better for consistency sake. The boy who ran the 10.9
thought he had the school record, but actually didn't. I
hope that answers your question.
Dan

hs 5k times?

any chance 5k times from junior nationals can make the list????? come on now bobby, show some love. or how about 3000m steeple times??? or is this going to strictly be a list of events run at state. if the list isnt of just state events, then how about relays such as 4x1600, and dmr?

Re: hs 5k times?

lasallechampion said:
any chance 5k times from junior nationals can make the list????? come on now bobby, show some love. or how about 3000m steeple times??? or is this going to strictly be a list of events run at state. if the list isnt of just state events, then how about relays such as 4x1600, and dmr?

for the time being it will strictly be state based events.

Seek Up said:
I know my last list got torched, but that's not stopping me from trying again. Shot put:

Jeff Glos, Amelia, 62' 2 1/2", 1975, Sectional, (1st)
Dave Foley, Roger Bacon, 62' 1 1/2", 1965, GCL (1st)
Harry Woebkenburg, Moeller, 61' 6", 1974, State (1st)
Mike Marksbury, Norwood, 60' 11", 1973, Sectional (1st)
Tom Hassel, Purcell, 60' 4 1/4", 1980, District (1st)
Mike Munoz, Moeller, 59' 4 1/2", 1999, Elder Inv. (1st)
Doug Williams, Moeller, 59' 3/4", 1981, GCL (1st)
Stan Anderson, Fairfield, 58' 11", 1989, Anderson Inv. (1st)
Tim Berwanger, LaSalle, 58' 10 1/2", 1995, GCL (1st)
Ben McGrath, Moeller, 58' 8 1/2", 2003, District (1st)

From What ive seen in the papers Adam Chambers from Glen Este threw a 58'9"1/2 , 2005, Western Brown Inv.

Big_Pappa said:
From What ive seen in the papers Adam Chambers from Glen Este threw a 58'9"1/2 , 2005, Western Brown Inv.

Yes, this is true. Check the web site, also the updated list on this thread. Chambers is 10th.

the list should have some changes in shot by the end of next season.

Big_Pappa said:
Do u think its possible For Adam Chambers to break the record skins99?

possible yes, likely no.

here is how i see it ending up before he is done

Shot Put
1. Jeff Glos, Amelia, 62' 2 ½" 1975, Sectional 1st
2. Dave Foley Roger Bacon, 62' 1½" 1965, GCL 1st
3. Harry Woebkenburg Moeller, 61' 6" 1974, State 1st
4. Mike Marksbury Norwood, 60' 11" 1973, Sectional 1st
5. Tom Hassel Purcell, 60' 4¼" 1980, District 1st
6. Mike Muñoz Moeller, 59' 4½" 1999, Elder Inv. 1st
7. Doug Williams Moeller, 59'¾" 1981, GCL 1st
8. Stan Anderson Fairfield, 58' 11" 1989, Anderson Inv. 1st
9. Tim Berwanger LaSalle, 58' 10½" 1995, GCL 1st
10. Adam Chambers Glen Este, 58'9½" 2005, Western B.Inv.

ill almost guarentee that he will end up arond #5. after that it is a crap shot. very hard to go past the 60 mark. seems like a barrier that has not been broken by some really good throwers.

no one can stop the belliston brothers there solid both from milford i think matt will be better than craig is this year the next two years he will be unstopable