Tallmadge vs. Ursuline

But I thought you could only decline the penality twice. After the second kick, I think the returning team gets the ball at the 40.
Have 3 choices back them up 5 yards, take the ball where it goes out of bounds or get the ball at the 40

Have 3 choices back them up 5 yards, take the ball where it goes out of bounds or get the ball at the 40
Yes, I understand the 3 choices, but I've seen teams refuse the penality, and back the kicker up 5 yards, but after the second kick I believe you can't keep doing it, because I seen the refs then spot the ball at the 40. Because if this wasn't the case, the receiving team would just keep backing up the kicker, each time he kicked it out of bounds. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know

Yes but I think in high school after either the second or third kick out of bounds (can't recall which), you have to either take it so many yards from the location of the kick off or where it went out of bounds. The option to rekick from 5 yards further back is not an option.

Yes but I think in high school after either the second or third kick out of bounds (can't recall which), you have to either take it so many yards from the location of the kick off or where it went out of bounds. The option to rekick from 5 yards further back is not an option.
Yes, I thought I remember seeing this happen. Can't remember the game though

Ursuline is better off onsiding every kickoff. At least they have the chance of getting the ball back that way. Field position doesn't matter because if they kick it deep, chances are the returner takes it to the spot the hands team would recover it had Ursuline elected to onside kick it.

Having the chance of recovering + eliminating returns for TDs > Getting gashed every single kick off.

Tallmadge has had a couple kickoff returns for TD. It will be interesting to see if the Devils can take advantage of it.

Tallmadge has had a couple kickoff returns for TD. It will be interesting to see if the Devils can take advantage of it
Tallmadge has had a couple kickoff returns for TD. It will be interesting to see if the Devils can take advantage of it.
No doubt the THS coaches are well aware of this weakness of Ursuline and will try to exploit it.

Tallmadge has almost 1300 yards rushing this season. They have 3 Senior RBs that share the position. The QB is also a threat to run but is pass first. He leads the team with 400+ yards rushing.
It seems every time you do a Tallmadge scoring update its usually Dixon and Hurst. Do you have any stats on these two?

It seems every time you do a Tallmadge scoring update its usually Dixon and Hurst. Do you have any stats on these two?
I don't have the answer to your question, but I was listening to Dan Reardon's interview on YSN, and he said that Tallmadge throws the ball about 30 times a game, and the QB completes about 70% of his passes

Hurst 176/289, 2847 yards, 32TDs
Dixon 72, 1325 yards, 18TDs
Yeah as soon as I asked you about stats I sent to their Hudl page. Very impressive, especially Hurst. He uses his legs to get out of harms way while looking downfield to find the open man. And he doesnt settle for the safety valve. Dixon runs pretty good routes and is always getting upfield trying to maximize his YAC. Im betting the over/under in this game can get well over 60

This game seems more like a State Semi than a round 2 game but R9 is a different beast. Nobody seems to have a grasp of what Tallmadge is including Tallmadge. Blue Devil Defense is actually better than Blue Devil Offense currently.
Both of these teams would win R10
You definitely have to be a Tallmadge fan. A State Semi? R10? R10 definitely looks like the weekest region. Tallmadge still might only be the 3rd best team over there. Tallmadge has had some really good teams. This yrs version is nowhere near a "State Semi team" Take the homer blinders off

I think Tallmadge is a decent team that could pull an upset if everything fell right. Can they win the Region, I don’t believe so.

I would love to know the QB’s stats in their two loses (Aurora, Highland), and close win against Barberton. I think that would give us a more realistic look as to what his “real” stats should look like. The culmination of including the stats from the rest of their garbage competition could make it deceiving.

I think Tallmadge is a decent team that could pull an upset if everything fell right. Can they win the Region, I don’t believe so.

I would love to know the QB’s stats in their two loses (Aurora, Highland), and close win against Barberton. I think that would give us a more realistic look as to what his “real” stats should look like. The culmination of including the stats from the rest of their garbage competition could make it deceiving.
He put up 27 points against Aurora in the first half with Dixon scoring 3 TDs. Aurora adjusted at halftime and held Tallmadge to 3 second half points. Highland has one of the best defenses in Division II. I don’t believe any team in Region 9 has as good of a defense as Highland this year

He put up 27 points against Aurora in the first half with Dixon scoring 3 TDs. Aurora adjusted at halftime and held Tallmadge to 3 second half points. Highland has one of the best defenses in Division II. I don’t believe any team in Region 9 has as good of a defense as Highland this year
You didn’t remotely come close to answering my question. To be expected……

Couple good local places for the Tallmadge folks making the drive to get a pre game bite. Avalon downtown very good pizza and a big space for families. Golden dawn is an ursuline hang out but good bar food. Other suggestions close to stadium?

40 in high school, 35 is college.
IS THERE A SPECIAL CONSIDERATION I'M MISSING? IF A KICKOFF GOES OUT OF BOUNDS
UNTOUCHED, ANYWHERE BETWEEN THE RECEIVING TEAM'S 34 TO THE 1 INCH LINE
AND THE RECEIVING TEAM DOESN'T WANT THE BALL REKICKED THE BALL IS PLACED
ON THE RECEIVING TEAM'S 35 YARD LINE. I WAS JUST WATCHING URSULINE IN WEEK
1 AND THEIR KICKER PUT ONE OUT OF BOUNDS BEYOND BROOKFIELD'S 35 YARD LINE.
URSULINE DIDN'T REKICK AND THE BALL WAS PLACED ON THE BROOKFIELD 35.

Last edited: