16 THE HEIGHTS SCHOOL HGHTS 17
17 FATHER JUDGE FRJDG 16
18 ST. JOHN'S COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL SJC 14
18 CARDINAL O'HARA COHS 14
20 ROMAN CATHOLIC SWIM TEAM RC 12
21 DEVON PREP SCHOOL DEVON 6
22 BISHOP MCNAMARA HIGH SCHOOL BMHS 2

Very Well Indeed:party:

But you can't compare us with St. X. They are Large School (900+), we are Small School (<900). Two different divisions. Prep has only 420 boys. But we could hold our own with them in a dual meet, maybe even win:D

Last edited:
is there anyone in the state between dave and matt in the 500? or could it be a realistic 1-2-3 at state?

1-2 might even be expected, since Mosko/Ginocchio finished 1-2 at state last year. But it would be short-sighted to think x is only school in the city/state with talented swimmers. Four other underclassmen had 500 times faster than Columbus at the state meet last year. And if you look at the current top 20 on swimmeet.com, you will find the answer to your first question:

1 David Mosko Cincinnati St. Xavier 4:28.29
2 Brent Hitchcock Springfield Catholic Central 4:38.44
3 Bart Ginocchio Cincinnati St. Xavier 4:38.49
4 Ian Stewart-Bates University 4:39.94
5 Mark Bernstein Cincinnati Sycamore 4:41.61
6 Jared Miller Lakota East 4:41.86
7 Matt Columbus Cincinnati St. Xavier 4:42.33

congrats on the victory. thats quite the accomplishment. the dual meet between x and prep would be a fun one. although i do believe the depth and talent of x would allow them to win. next year prep looks really good.

congrats on the victory. thats quite the accomplishment. the dual meet between x and prep would be a fun one. although i do believe the depth and talent of x would allow them to win. next year prep looks really good.

Thanks, stxavier07, for the kudos. I'll pass it on to the team (I'm just a proud dad). BTW, do you guys attend the Viking Invit. every season? I'm going to try to get that meet on next year's schedule as a travel meet if we can work it into the budget. Looks like a fun meet.

BTW, I worked up a mock dual between St. X and Prep, taking the top 3 times
from each. We got you by less than 20!;)

yeah we attend that meet every year. Are you sure about the mock dual meet because when I look at your results it seems to me that you would only win 2 events including the relays. It seems like we could possibly place 1,2,3 in the 200 free and 200 free relay. Where did you get your results?

yeah we attend that meet every year. Are you sure about the mock dual meet because when I look at your results it seems to me that you would only win 2 events including the relays. It seems like we could possibly place 1,2,3 in the 200 free and 200 free relay. Where did you get your results?

stxavier07, check your PM's

PM's?... i might just be looking at the wrong times for you... i just took the times from the national catholic invite.

1-2 might even be expected, since Mosko/Ginocchio finished 1-2 at state last year. But it would be short-sighted to think x is only school in the city/state with talented swimmers. Four other underclassmen had 500 times faster than Columbus at the state meet last year. And if you look at the current top 20 on swimmeet.com, you will find the answer to your first question:

1 David Mosko Cincinnati St. Xavier 4:28.29
2 Brent Hitchcock Springfield Catholic Central 4:38.44
3 Bart Ginocchio Cincinnati St. Xavier 4:38.49
4 Ian Stewart-Bates University 4:39.94
5 Mark Bernstein Cincinnati Sycamore 4:41.61
6 Jared Miller Lakota East 4:41.86
7 Matt Columbus Cincinnati St. Xavier 4:42.33

you know i'm pretty sure you're lying about how 4 other underclassmen had 500 times better than Matt.
In Fact
1 David Mosko JR 4:28.52

2 Bart Ginocchio JR 4:33.32

3 Nathan Williams JR 4:36.89 !1!

4 Tommy Inwood SO 4:38.32 !2!

5 Sean Shannon JR 4:38.67 !3!

6 Nick Saul SR 4:38.83

7 Matt Columbus FR 4:40.37

I'd say this proves there were only three

I would say it proves you are not very observant and too quick to call someone a liar. Look at the consolation finals as well at the state meet and see what time Jon Austin from Mariemont had.

State Finals Meet at C.T. Brannin - Canton, OH

Does anybody at St. X make a big deal about the State Finals being in Canton every year? Or do the Bomber swimmers just say "we don't care where they're at, we'll beat your a** on the moon if we have to"?

Does anybody at St. X make a big deal about the State Finals being in Canton every year? Or do the Bomber swimmers just say "we don't care where they're at, we'll beat your a** on the moon if we have to"?

Why are they not held at McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion at OSU:confused: Good central location, etc. Can anyone answer this?

Why are they not held at McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion at OSU:confused: Good central location, etc. Can anyone answer this?

Maybe because its not a big deal to the swimming community even though its a 2 day event. The football crowd always needs something to complain about.

There are many pluses and minuses of having the Ohio state champs in Canton. The BIG minuses are not enough seating causing the fans to sit MANY hours out in the cold (i.e 4:30 a.m. for a 9 a.m. meet) to even get a seat. Then you have to wait outside all afternoon to get a seat for finals. Tickets are hard to come by. St. X has many people that work for days begging anyone and everyone to sell us tickets for our fans. The last several years, tempers have flared outside the pool in the line waiting to get in. It is very hard to sit outside in subzero temps for 3 hours or more. On the plus side, Canton has the tradition and politics. I personally asked this question of the Ohio State assist. men's coach last year. He said he did not ever see the state meet being held at OSU. He said McCorkle's seating is less than Canton and that too many times there will be conflicts with other meets. It is a really nice facility and would certainly make things alot nicer for the people from SW and Central Ohio. That being said, most people just accept the situation in Canton as what you have to do to see one of the most exciting swim meets in the country.

if seating is question at ohio state tell me why big 10 championships are going to be there this saturday. The womens division 1 national championships will be there next year. and the 2010 division 1 mens championships will be there????

Last edited:
if seating is question at ohio state tell me why big 10 championships are going to be there this saturday. The womens division 1 national championships will be there next year. and the 2010 division 1 mens championships will be there????

Good point:thumb:

Spectator seating for 1,750
On-deck seating for 1,300
Additional seating available

looks like that would be plenty of room for a state meet
they also have a balcony which people can see from too.

I don't know. Just telling you what I was told by John Klinge,assist. coach for OSU last year during a recriuting visit. He said he doubted if the State meet would ever be held there. Maybe there are other reasons........... but he said that seating and conflicts with other meets were the reason.

This is THE weekend!
Anyone figure out the mythical points yet?

Anyone got anything for StX?
Will the fact that Charlie Hessler was sick and din't qualify for any individual events hurt them at all?
They can still use him in the relays.

This is THE weekend!
Anyone figure out the mythical points yet?

Anyone got anything for StX?
Will the fact that Charlie Hessler was sick and din't qualify for any individual events hurt them at all?
They can still use him in the relays.

Hook, check your PM,s