STX state champs??

State Champs , no problem.
They are going to be National Champs!

Don't crown them National Champs when they don't attend the National Catholic Championships at Villanova the end of January.

There is a little known team in Bethesda, Md, Georgetown Prep, that my son swims for that will be up there too. One current Olyimpic Trials qualifier, three more possible by the end of this year, six HS All-Americans, Washington, DC Metro Area (which includes Maryland, Virgina and the DC area) 4 out of the last 5 years with 3 in a row and runner-up last year at the above mentioned National Meet.

So don't crown them so soon.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:
Don't crown them National Champs when they don't attend the National Catholic Championships at Villanova the end of January.

There is a little known team in Bethesda, Md, Georgetown Prep, that my son swims for that will be up there too. One current Olyimpic Trials qualifier, three more possible by the end of this year, six HS All-Americans, Washington, DC Metro Area (which includes Maryland, Virgina and the DC area) 4 out of the last 5 years with 3 in a row and runner-up last year at the above mentioned National Meet.

So don't crown them so soon.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Saint X has 6 all-americans.......

On their "B" team :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Give me a break:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Believe it or not, there many people that could qualified timewise on the B team for an all-american bid. ---- I remember like the B or C medley relay that swam in the league meet that would have placed second at state if they had the same time as they did at the league meet, not to mention the three or four guys on the C "team" (G3 represent!) last year at their championship meet would have placed at districts...the depth at X is disgusting

PS, X will more than likely never attend the Catholic national championships...so the best ya can do is compare times

Believe it or not, there many people that could qualified timewise on the B team for an all-american bid. ---- I remember like the B or C medley relay that swam in the league meet that would have placed second at state if they had the same time as they did at the league meet, not to mention the three or four guys on the C "team" (G3 represent!) last year at their championship meet would have placed at districts...the depth at X is disgusting

PS, X will more than likely never attend the Catholic national championships...so the best ya can do is compare times
Uhmmm.... leaving out someone?? Don't count out Steubenville HAHAHA... joking... would be nice to have half the determination our football team does though...

StX going for National title

Thanks for the info Hoban70.
I'm not crowning them National Champs yet, but I do think they will make a run for it!

Cincinnati St Xavier -State Champs 2007!
Take that to the bank.

Thanks for the info Hoban70.
I'm not crowning them National Champs yet, but I do think they will make a run for it!

Cincinnati St Xavier -State Champs 2007!
Take that to the bank.

You're right, Hook. They will be there at the end but so will my son's school. It all depends on NISCA Power Points. FYI, St. X is in a different class than my son's school. X is in Class 10 - Boys Independent (over 900) while Georgetown Prep is Class 9 - Boys Independent (1-900). Apples vs Oranges, I guess. Good luck at States.

WOW, they are serious about their swimming at Cincinnati St.X!

Hoban70- I wish you the best this year! Keep us up to speed on your son's team.

They have 4 swimmers in the 100 back under 53 flat. Hard to set a lineup for dual meets for that event:D BTW, how many swimmers on X's team:confused: Georgetown Prep has only 39 swimmers with all but 5 year around swimmers.

how good is the team in other events?

I thought about making a joke about St. X being good at swimming but then I realized it could be worse. It could be volleyball...

Yes and I believe they are poised to three-peat in pillow fighting.

ams eds fan, please return to whereever you came from. Not necessary to diss sports other people care about and are dedicated to. Especially if you are not up at 4:30 am and are practicing 4-5 hours per day.

ams eds fan, please return to whereever you came from. Not necessary to diss sports other people care about and are dedicated to. Especially if you are not up at 4:30 am and are practicing 4-5 hours per day.

Well put, Bomb1:party:

Thanks. I just don't understand the need for that. When is the big Catholic Invit that Georgetown Prep goes to? Let us know how they do.

Thanks. I just don't understand the need for that. When is the big Catholic Invit that Georgetown Prep goes to? Let us know how they do.

72nd ANNUAL
NATIONAL CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY
VILLANOVA, PENNSYLVANIA
JANUARY 27 & 28, 2007

bomb1, send me a PM

It's actually going to be a run of five straight AEF. 2007 brings in a rodeo team and a fishing squad since so many kids are now pulled from KY and IN. We love ALL sports. :D

Doesn't get much better than that!

P.S. Good to see someone who doesn't cry when a jab is taken at there sport/school.:thumb: :)