Struthers Football 2021

The JV team lost 8 tds to 1 today against Hawken.Hawken has a good qb

I stand corrected. lol
Was it our JV against their Varsity? I knew they could put up points. But they couldn’t stop anyone last year either.
I’m just a little surprised that the JV only scored once, and allowed 8 scores. Situational scrimmages favor the team that has a better quarterback. At least the secondary got a workout.

I stand corrected. lol
Was it our JV against their Varsity? I knew they could put up points. But they couldn’t stop anyone last year either.
I’m just a little surprised that the JV only scored once, and allowed 8 scores. Situational scrimmages favor the team that has a better quarterback. At least the secondary got a workout.
Yes it was our jv vs their varsity. That’s fine with me. Kids needed that

Cats moved the ball well today not bad for the young Jv kids to play against varsity kids. Their Qb was solid. Struthers freshmen running back ran about 2 kids over each carry which was good to see. He’s gonna be a very good one

Those are not game jerseys anymore, they don’t have red as a game jersey anymore. Get your facts correct before you say something stupid.
Fine, they wore Red “Non-Game” Jerseys…in a 7 on 7…with all their starters “”resting””. Must have been the JV team they did the preview on

Fine, they wore Red “Non-Game” Jerseys…in a 7 on 7…with all their starters “”resting””. Must have been the JV team they did the preview on
I watched the preview that they had that scrimmage in the background of, didn’t they just interview coach bayuk? I didn’t see any high lights or anything. But to what Buckeye is saying, they did have a scrimmage with Steubenville the night before. But again what do seven on seven‘s matter?

They didn’t completely rest. They ran a couple plays then started to use the Jv kids to get work there’s nothing wrong with doing that, that’s what happens when you’re trying to develop kids and get them better instead of trying to win a passing scrimmage

Interesting to watch JFK vs Struthers this year on Friday. Our lines are suppose to be our strength so we will find out rather quickly. WE need punched in the mouth for sure. I want to see this LB from Struthers I heard hes a thumper. We shall see how long the starters play. JFK definitely needs the work.

Interesting to watch JFK vs Struthers this year on Friday. Our lines are suppose to be our strength so we will find out rather quickly. WE need punched in the mouth for sure. I want to see this LB from Struthers I heard hes a thumper. We shall see how long the starters play. JFK definitely needs the work.
I would think both sides play a quarter with starters then give some reserves some reps.

Kirtland is a very well coached hard nosed team. They arent very big but you can tell they hit the weights. They just dont make mistakes. Poland started off well defensively but couldnt get anything going offensively. I think that is what you could expect with a new HC and new offense. Especially since Poland did not have a scrimmage last week. Plenty to build on though.

Poland and Kirtland are scrimmaging tonight. Any info on this one fellas
Kirtland scored twice, Poland didn't score. Second TD was against second team D. Unsure if Kirtland was playing second team as well. Good news for Poland QB didn't run. He will be running. During the season. At least I hope so since he is the biggest weapon. Bad news is a lack of breakaway speed. Looking forward to hear Kirtland''s point of view.

Kirtland scored twice, Poland didn't score. Second TD was against second team D. Unsure if Kirtland was playing second team as well. Good news for Poland QB didn't run. He will be running. During the season. At least I hope so since he is the biggest weapon. Bad news is a lack of breakaway speed. Looking forward to hear Kirtland''s point of view.
I think if you’re Poland you really wanted to see a team that could throw the ball considering Canfield can throw it around a little bit with that kid.

Poland lost a lot of their skill. If the Qb goes down from taking too many hits that would be the worst thing for them. I wouldn’t imagine them running the Qb as much as many may think, pav never liked to at lakeview

If I’m Poland, I’m basically running the same offense that Struthers did in 2016.
And I can’t remember the last time that Poland had speed.