Struthers Football 2021

I didn’t know that.
Wasn’t there a game between Struthers and Campbell where the losing team had to change its school colors from red and black to pink and black?

I know my Great Uncle George wore a black jersey his Senior year in 1963.
Im not a huge fan of the black jerseys. The red were really good. I still like the white on white look the best

I didn’t know that.
Wasn’t there a game between Struthers and Campbell where the losing team had to change its school colors from red and black to pink and black?

I know my Great Uncle George wore a black jersey his Senior year in 1963.
I don’t know anything about that particular game but I’m sure I can find some thing about it if you give me a rough estimate of what year it was. I’m looking for the article mentioning what I told you ill
Post it when I find it.

Yeah personally not a fan of the black jerseys, don't understand that one. The red jerseys are under armour and stitched, contrary to the black. Wouldn't have minded that money spent on a helmet stripe or paw stickers. But what do I know ahaha

Im not a huge fan of the black jerseys. The red were really good. I still like the white on white look the best

Me neither. Like I said on the previous page. But they’re ok for something different like once or twice a year. Or every now and then to honor and commemorate historic teams of the past that wore black.

My favorite was the all red. Red jerseys and red pants, with the black trim. From the Zetts era in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. They usually wore white pants with the red jerseys or red pants with the white jerseys. But every now and then they would go with the all red or all white look. The all white look was sharp, too.
I remember the jersys in ‘96 and ‘97 were really bad. And no one cared because everyone was happy to just have football back.
You know what Pat McAfee says, though. lol

Last edited:
I don’t know anything about that particular game but I’m sure I can find some thing about it if you give me a rough estimate of what year it was. I’m looking for the article mentioning what I told you ill
Post it when I find it.
I want to say it may have been in the 1930s? But I’m not sure. I remember some the Campbell guys talking about it on one of the forums years ago. Probably the OC. Dean might know.
Probably wasn’t in the Vindicator. Also, it may have been one of the years that the game was declared a no contest because of rioting. lol
Didn’t that happen once or twice?

I want to say it may have been in the 1930s? But I’m not sure. I remember some the Campbell guys talking about it on one of the forums years ago. Probably the OC. Dean might know.
Probably wasn’t in the Vindicator. Also, it may have been one of the years that the game was declared a no contest because of rioting. lol
Didn’t that happen once or twice?
At least once lol

Cats had a passing scrimmage with jfk this morning, the cats have more athletes then they have had in a long long time. Looked good even tho I don’t put stock into passing scrimmages it’s a good sign. Qb and recievers looked to be in sync

Scrimmages from Arbiter:

Fri Aug 6- 10:00 AM Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School At Struthers High School

Fri Aug 13- 7:00 PM John F. Kennedy Catholic School At Struthers High School

Also, Streetsboro was never really canceled.

Attachments

• Struthers 2021 Football updated 072821.png
    Struthers 2021 Football updated 072821.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 21
Ndcl is a solid scrimmage, jfk has a good line that should be good for the young guys up front as well

NDCL is a much better scrimmage than Hawken. I really like those scrimmages.
JFK has almost their entire O and D lines back from last year. Their lines should be by far their biggest strength.

JFK has almost their entire O and D lines back from last year. Their lines should be by far their biggest strength.
Absolutely tough to replace the talent they had last year. I kinda hope ndcl takes it to the young cats. Wake them up a little bit

The lines will definitely be the strength but the skill, especially at RB could be pretty decent. Should be a good scrimmage.

Word is the cats got a kid playing line from the hoops team that will be a big asset. Linebacker kid from Ursuline looks good too.
What about that freshman that left for Ursuline . I haven’t seen his name on there roster or anything yet. Did he stay at Struthers. Dukes

The lines will definitely be the strength but the skill, especially at RB could be pretty decent. Should be a good scrimmage.

Anyone in particular impressing at RB for JFK? The WKBN preview named a group of guys. A RB by committee approach.
What position does the Freshman transfer from Lakeview play?

Anyone in particular impressing at RB for JFK? The WKBN preview named a group of guys. A RB by committee approach.
What position does the Freshman transfer from Lakeview play?
The transfer from Liberty has a chance to be really good. He'll also play in the slot so a couple others will be at RB then. The freshman is a RB bit He'll probably contribute on defense first. He'll be a really good one before he's done.

Shaffer? I don’t think there’s anyone else on the basketball team that has the size to play on the OL.
I'd be real concerned if I was relying on a basketball player to help with oline unless he has played before. Has the kid ever played football before?

Shaffer coming back out for football should be a good boost to the OL. 6’6” and athletic. He Hasn’t worn pads in a few years, but he can shore up the LT spot once he knocks off any rust.

Last edited: