Struthers Football 2021

I think Ursuline played 1 or 2 games at Ridge about 11-12 years ago. But whoever they were playing was out of state and only had a handful of people in the stands.

That just seems crazy to me Mooney would play at Mineral Ridge. That isn't even anywhere near their own base of students!
Are there any Mooney posters left that might be able to answer your question? The only one I can think of is YTOWN and I don't even know if he has the answer.

That just seems crazy to me Mooney would play at Mineral Ridge. That isn't even anywhere near their own base of students!
Perhaps they "made them an offer they couldn't refuse"

More than likely just a fraction of what YSU is charging nowadays.
Couldn't pass it up.
Was initially thinking Rayen, but that might be a scheduling nightmare ?

Perhaps they "made them an offer they couldn't refuse"

More than likely just a fraction of what YSU is charging nowadays.
Couldn't pass it up.
Was initially thinking Rayen, but that might be a scheduling nightmare ?
What about Liberty?
3000 seats and pretty new artificial turf.

At one time I thought Ursuline was looking at that stadium. Pretty logical being right up the street on the Northside.

Yeah I think most of the stadiums that make “sense” for Mooney are out of the question for the various reasons already mentioned here. I do see that Mooney is hosting the holy war this year, I wonder if that too will be at Ridge?

Wasn't he an old JJ Huddle poster, about 20 years ago?
You are absolutely correct!

"RadCard" was not only a poster, but they made him a monitor as well later on. I think Panama Jack (Poland) got him that job. He was definitely the #1 Mooney fan during that period of time.

That's correct, back when they played Chaney in the playoffs at YSU that was the most fans at that stadium since Steve McNair visited that field.

In 1997, Harding played half of their home games at YSU. Canton McKinley was #1 in the country and sold out the away side.

I have teh game on tape, but can't find it for the life of me.

In 1997, Harding played half of their home games at YSU. Canton McKinley was #1 in the country and sold out the away side.

I have teh game on tape, but can't find it for the life of me.
I see you’ve had to defend the raiders against the Medina faithful lately talking about a 30 point blowout. I don’t see that game being more then a touchdown either way

I see you’ve had to defend the raiders against the Medina faithful lately talking about a 30 point blowout. I don’t see that game being more then a touchdown either way
HA! That was the D1-Region 1 fan page that originally suggested 30. He actually tried to delete it, but I saw the notification. We had a nice back & forth about it. I know something that he (and most of the state) doesn’t though, so everyone will find out soon enough.

One of Medina’s players quoted one of my tweets and said ,”Chill out ???” I don’t think that he liked my response ?

Yes, I forgot about that old Youngstown Holy War thing. Lol
I’d say same thing for Boardman-Mooney. Boardman fans “travel” very well for that game. I’d say it’s considered the biggest rival for Boardman.

Definitely biggest home crowd game as well for Boardman. Usually close to full home side of 4,200.

3,200 will be tight in future for that game.

I’d say same thing for Boardman-Mooney. Boardman fans “travel” very well for that game. I’d say it’s considered the biggest rival for Boardman.

Definitely biggest home crowd game as well for Boardman. Usually close to full home side of 4,200.

One thing for ridge is while there might only be 3200 seating capacity, there is plenty of standing room around the entire facility. Also the 3200 is heavily weighted to the home side. The away side is only 8 or so rows

Last edited:
Boardmans band would have to play from the street lol

I really enjoy reading about the various topics about the mooney stadium situation, players transfering etc, but isnt this a Struthers thread? I'm ready to finally get back to laddie fedor!

I think Ridge stadium has a band shell. I'll be in that area tomorrow morning so I'll drive by it to make sure.
I went past Ridge's stadium this morning on my way to my buddies house, it's really a nice stadium with a very small band shell. The field turf looks really good and the press box is actually on the away side of the stadium. I can definitely see that it seats 3200.

I just don't know how the Mooney alum must feel about playing over there. It seems like all Mooney posters have gone away for some reason.

I went past Ridge's stadium this morning on my way to my buddies house, it's really a nice stadium with a very small band shell. The field turf looks really good and the press box is actually on the away side of the stadium. I can definitely see that it seats 3200.

I just don't know how the Mooney alum must feel about playing over there. It seems like all Mooney posters have gone away for some reason.
Cause they stink. Fair weather fans