Struthers Football 2021

Aj Musolino ain’t suiting up for them though haha but I agree

That crossed my mind. lol
Musolino > Fulton. AJ is a special talent. And a great young man.

Fulton is no scrub, though. I think he was really handcuffed last year in Williams’s offense. I probably would have let him run a lot more. But they really didn’t need him to, to be honest. Colosimo is the only RB they have with any experience, and he’s more of a bruiser. I wouldn’t be surprised if the younger Fulton played some RB this year, to get more depth in the backfield. Barringer is a big loss for them.

Who are Poland’s running backs this year? The only ones I can think of are Colosimo and Smith.

That crossed my mind. lol
Musolino > Fulton. AJ is a special talent. And a great young man.

Fulton is no scrub, though. I think he was really handcuffed last year in Williams’s offense. I probably would have let him run a lot more. But they really didn’t need him to, to be honest. Colosimo is the only RB they have with any experience, and he’s more of a bruiser. I wouldn’t be surprised if the younger Fulton played some RB this year, to get more depth in the backfield. Barringer is a big loss for them.

Who are Poland’s running backs this year? The only ones I can think of are Colosimo and Smith.
Poland is going to be fine. You have to play a perfect game to beat Kirtland. It probably didn't help that this was Poland's only scrimmage either. Losing Barringer is a huge loss for them. But, Pavlansky's offense will use the QB in the run game with QB counters and whatnot. I'm sure he will have a good enough passing game to do some damage with Fulton or Colisimo at QB.

Poland is going to be fine. You have to play a perfect game to beat Kirtland. It probably didn't help that this was Poland's only scrimmage either. Losing Barringer is a huge loss for them. But, Pavlansky's offense will use the QB in the run game with QB counters and whatnot. I'm sure he will have a good enough passing game to do some damage with Fulton or Colisimo at QB.

I never said they wouldn’t be. Nor did I say anything about Kirtland. Poland doesn’t even play Kirtland this year.
My point was… the more Fulton runs and the less he has to throw, the better Poland will be. And Poland having more depth at RB also contributes to Fulton having to throw less.

Poland will still be good. Just not as dominant as they’ve been in recent years. I think 6-4 is a safe guess.

Watched some stuff online… appears sta had some trouble with waterloo during their scrimmage. I know Napoleon had trouble at Waterloo… but I don’t think it’s the same one. Cats should roll.

STA preview
HEAD COACH: Troy Burick, first year
LAST YEAR: 5-3
POSTSEASON: Division VI, Region 21
RETURNING LETTERMEN (5)
Cole Bautista - OL/DL - 5-11 - 230 - sr.
Dom DiMarzio - OL/DL - 6-3 - 225 - sr.
Will Gordon – WR/LB - 5-9 - 160 - jr.
Cose Smith - OL/DL - n/a - n/a - soph.
Kesston Wanchick - OL/DL - 6-0 - 230 - sr.

IMPACT PLAYERS: Lineman Kesston Wanchick is St. Thomas Aquinas’ top returning player. The honorable mention Division VI All-Ohioan helped the Knights reach the third round of the playoffs in 2020. He will be a four-year starter. ... Most of Aquinas’ experience is found on the offensive and defensive lines. Cole Bautista and DomDiMarzio are two-way players who will be counted on heavily this season.

WHAT'S NEW: The Knights will have a new head coach and many new players. Former Central Catholic and Massillon assistant Troy Burick takes over a program that suffered huge losses through graduation. ... Sophomore Owen Burick has shown leadership as a first-year starting quarterback. "He is a pretty special quarterback who can run it and throw all the routes," Troy Burick said. "He is a true leader who is an extension of the coaching staff. He literally coaches up the other players. ... Owen Burick's older brother Luke, a senior, will start at receiver and defensive back and also be the backup quarterback. ... Lineman James Barnes and receiver-defensive backs Logan Kinzler and Avixer Tarver are other sophomores who can emerge as key players.

OUTLOOK: Aquinas has been able to overcome low roster numbers. This year may be a little more challenging. The Knights should have 25 to 30 players on their opening day roster. The low numbers and inexperience at skill positions could result in early growing pains. Troy Burick is not discouraged. “I feel we have made great strides in our program," he said. "Our standard is excellence in all we do, period. "Our seniors have done a nice job with their work ethic and attitudes. I expect them to lead us and set the tone for the future."

STA preview
HEAD COACH: Troy Burick, first year
LAST YEAR: 5-3
POSTSEASON: Division VI, Region 21
RETURNING LETTERMEN (5)
Cole Bautista - OL/DL - 5-11 - 230 - sr.
Dom DiMarzio - OL/DL - 6-3 - 225 - sr.
Will Gordon – WR/LB - 5-9 - 160 - jr.
Cose Smith - OL/DL - n/a - n/a - soph.
Kesston Wanchick - OL/DL - 6-0 - 230 - sr.

IMPACT PLAYERS: Lineman Kesston Wanchick is St. Thomas Aquinas’ top returning player. The honorable mention Division VI All-Ohioan helped the Knights reach the third round of the playoffs in 2020. He will be a four-year starter. ... Most of Aquinas’ experience is found on the offensive and defensive lines. Cole Bautista and DomDiMarzio are two-way players who will be counted on heavily this season.

WHAT'S NEW: The Knights will have a new head coach and many new players. Former Central Catholic and Massillon assistant Troy Burick takes over a program that suffered huge losses through graduation. ... Sophomore Owen Burick has shown leadership as a first-year starting quarterback. "He is a pretty special quarterback who can run it and throw all the routes," Troy Burick said. "He is a true leader who is an extension of the coaching staff. He literally coaches up the other players. ... Owen Burick's older brother Luke, a senior, will start at receiver and defensive back and also be the backup quarterback. ... Lineman James Barnes and receiver-defensive backs Logan Kinzler and Avixer Tarver are other sophomores who can emerge as key players.

OUTLOOK: Aquinas has been able to overcome low roster numbers. This year may be a little more challenging. The Knights should have 25 to 30 players on their opening day roster. The low numbers and inexperience at skill positions could result in early growing pains. Troy Burick is not discouraged. “I feel we have made great strides in our program," he said. "Our standard is excellence in all we do, period. "Our seniors have done a nice job with their work ethic and attitudes. I expect them to lead us and set the tone for the fu
When the bus driver is driving to STA game tell them to get off on 44 and drive south 1 mile and go to Leopard stadium and play a real football game. Why are you wasting the kids time playing D7 football? Louisville vs. Struthers is worth the drive.?

When the bus driver is driving to STA game tell them to get off on 44 and drive south 1 mile and go to Leopard stadium and play a real football game. Why are you wasting the kids time playing D7 football? Louisville vs. Struthers is worth the drive.?
D6 thank you very much. I don’t know. This is Nancy knight at work. We do have streetsboro week 3 at least

Hubbard also plays a D6 school, when you have an incompetent AD they tend to schedule whatever makes their life easier so they don’t have to do their job. I’m fine with playing one up and down in terms of ooc schedule.

Hubbard also plays a D6 school, when you have an incompetent AD they tend to schedule whatever makes their life easier so they don’t have to do their job. I’m fine with playing one up and down in terms of ooc schedule.
Coaches should sign-off any any OOC game. If you have a quality stadium and good fan base, you should never play an away game at a stadium with 100 seats like STA.

Coaches should sign-off any any OOC game. If you have a quality stadium and good fan base, you should never play an away game at a stadium with 100 seats like STA.
Unfortunately when you take forever to find a week one game this is what happens. We had a series with liberty going, but they didn’t want to play anymore after three straight beat downs. Lakeside did not want to play anymore. It sucks trying to find a long-term dancing mate for week 1. But hopefully eventually we find a team like Marlington or Louisville for a long term series.

Niles isn’t going to leave for a league that they would have no shot to win, especially since they never came close in the conference they’re in. No shot they let Canfield back in regardless of how good they are. Too much happened they did it to themselves

I'll be back for Crestwood/Streetsboro games.

Anyone making the trek to Louisville?
Would appreciate updates from the game from anyone going there.
Thanks!

I'll be back for Crestwood/Streetsboro games.

Anyone making the trek to Louisville?
Would appreciate updates from the game from anyone going there.
Thanks!
Not sure if I’m going yet, but I’ll have updates sent to me regardless so I’ll post some. STA may be streaming it somewhere, have to look out for it

Hey Buckeye Elite,

2 things:
1) Think you’re too hard on the Struthers AD. It’’s a hard job to meet everyones’ desires in one sport, let alone all the others, too. COVID may a tough job even tougher this past year.
2) I think Canfield never did anything to themselves other than beat the teams that comprise the ”Easy 8” a little too frequently.

Canfield people will believe what they want. They were a year removed from losing to struthers when the aac was thought up. Whatever lol the reasons for them being excluded were brought on this forum years ago time and time ago. Anyways, I am interested to see who gets the bulk of the carries this week for the cats

Hey Buckeye Elite,

2 things:
1) Think you’re too hard on the Struthers AD. It’’s a hard job to meet everyones’ desires in one sport, let alone all the others, too. COVID may a tough job even tougher this past year.
2) I think Canfield never did anything to themselves other than beat the teams that comprise the ”Easy 8” a little too frequently.
Watch it. Hubbard and I'm sure most of the NE8 would have loved Canfield in the new conference. Enrollment maybe played a factor. But to my knowledge the top of the league never had issue playing the Cardinals.

Watch it. Hubbard and I'm sure most of the NE8 would have loved Canfield in the new conference. Enrollment maybe played a factor. But to my knowledge the top of the league never had issue playing the Cardinals.
It had a lot to do with a lot of schools close to D5 and other schools already D5. Would Canfield want to be known playing down always? I know Hubbard Poland Struthers wanted them in the rest didn’t including Niles

You have 4 schools in the league that have no business playing Canfield. Lakeview, Girard, Jefferson and (then) south range. Canfield would have probably won the league the last few years but would they forever? No.

You have 4 schools in the league that have no business playing Canfield. Lakeview, Girard, Jefferson and (then) south range. Canfield would have probably won the league the last few years but would they forever? No.

If Canfield and Howland were in the NE8 from the start, I’m guessing that Jefferson and South Range wouldn’t have been included.
That would’ve been… Howland, Canfield, Niles, Hubbard, Poland, Lakeview, Girard, Struthers. That’s an order from biggest to smallest.
The top 4 would have all been D3, with Hubbard being on the border between D3 and D4. The rest are all D4 and heading towards D5.
Jefferson is D5. And South Range is basically a D6 playing in D5 due to CB.

I don’t know for sure whether or not any backroom deals happened to keep Howland and Canfield out of the NE8. But it wouldn’t surprise me. I doubt Struthers wants to be the smallest school in the league. And I know for sure that Poland is very concerned about staying competitive with their shrinking enrollment. So I wouldn’t put it past anyone.

However, do I think that Niles wants to leave the NE8 to join up with Canfield and Howland and some EBC schools? Absolutely not!

If Canfield and Howland were in the NE8 from the start, I’m guessing that Jefferson and South Range wouldn’t have been included.
That would’ve been… Howland, Canfield, Niles, Hubbard, Poland, Lakeview, Girard, Struthers. That’s an order from biggest to smallest.
The top 4 would have all been D3, with Hubbard being on the border between D3 and D4. The rest are all D4 and heading towards D5.
Jefferson is D5. And South Range is basically a D6 playing in D5 due to CB.

I don’t know for sure whether or not any backroom deals happened to keep Howland and Canfield out of the NE8. But it wouldn’t surprise me. I doubt Struthers wants to be the smallest school in the league. And I know for sure that Poland is very concerned about staying competitive with their shrinking enrollment. So I wouldn’t put it past anyone.

However, do I think that Niles wants to leave the NE8 to join up with Canfield and Howland and some EBC schools? Absolutely not!
It’s simple the schools who would play Canfield OOC were fine with it and the schools who wouldn’t were not fine with it. Only takes 5 of 8 to say no thanks

It’s simple the schools who would play Canfield OOC were fine with it and the schools who wouldn’t were not fine with it. Only takes 5 of 8 to say no thanks

I don’t think Struthers ever played Canfield OOC though. That was always crossover between the AAC Red and the AAC White.
Isn’t that why everyone broke away from the AAC? No one wanted to play crossover games anymore.

I don’t know about Howland. I don’t think there was anything personal there. They may have just been collateral damage because of their enrollment. But I have a strong hunch that Canfield wasn’t welcome because of politics.
for now, it looks like it was the right move. The NE8 in its current configuration is a lot more stable than it would’ve been with Howland and Canfield. It’s built for the long term. Before too long, 5 of the 8 schools should be in D5 and 1 should be in D6. I’d prefer that to half the schools being D3 and the other half being D5 and smaller.

But Jefferson might bail soon. Then who knows what will happen.

I don’t think Struthers ever played Canfield OOC though. That was always crossover between the AAC Red and the AAC White.
Isn’t that why everyone broke away from the AAC? No one wanted to play crossover games anymore.

I don’t know about Howland. I don’t think there was anything personal there. They may have just been collateral damage because of their enrollment. But I have a strong hunch that Canfield wasn’t welcome because of politics.
for now, it looks like it was the right move. The NE8 in its current configuration is a lot more stable than it would’ve been with Howland and Canfield. It’s built for the long term. Before too long, 5 of the 8 schools should be in D5 and 1 should be in D6. I’d prefer that to half the schools being D3 and the other half being D5 and smaller.

But Jefferson might bail soon. Then who knows what will happen.
You’re right it was a crossover I totally forgot how backwards the AAC.

I think what it boiled down to was every school getting smaller and Canfield staying the same and actually growing a little. The fact people say people are scared to play Canfield tho is beyond laughable