springfield v miamisburg

E
Centerville would disagree with you about that. So would Olentangy Liberty last year. That's when they received their 2d consecutive regional championship trophy. But I understand you wouldn't know about those things.
Elder and X would agree

Seriously. I’m biased. Have you ever read one of your posts.
what poll doesn’t lean towards proven winners in a close race
Explain Centerville getting a 1st place vote? Also, even I acknowledge St X destroyed Moeller this year. How can Moeller get 2 1st place votes? And why am I criticized over my alleged bias for my team but no one else is? How can anyone possibly rank Centerville #11 with a 1st place vote? Why am I being criticized for doing exactly what everyone else does? At least when I came up with my poll for this week, I dropped SHS a few spots and was fair minded.

Springfield loss might be the worst of any contender. X lost to a 0-5 team but we all know Trinity has some dudes and it is a big time program. I don't think Miamisburg would ever be confused for a program that has ever done anything. terrible terrible loss.

I watched the game and basically Springfield QB once again looked one dimensional. He can't throw a lick. A running QB is not going to win a State title in this day and age of Ohio D1 High School Football.
Springfield shutout Trinity in the preseason in a more game like setup with the 1s going 3 quarters, something like 17-0. I assume Trinity has improved some. Maybe. Beat Iggy as well.

Miamisburg did an excellent job of taking away the big play and forcing the short passing game while limiting yardage after short catches, and I don't think it can be understated that they executed their somewhat unorthodox offense extremely well with the 2-3 dudes that they have. They did just about everything right including playing for the win at the end and squeaked one out. Folks can read what they want out of this, which judging by reactions is mostly people trying to get a reaction out of a specific poster.

The one concern I have about Springfield is scoring offense...they seem to move the ball fairly well but struggle with both finishing drives and penalties killing drives at times. They are overly dependent on the big play IMO and don't run the ball nearly enough with the backs, putting the QB at risk with unnecessary hits. The "can't throw a lick" QB is completing roughly 65% of his passes this year, btw.

Not as impressive as Miamisburg's win over Springfield.
Oh gee. Thanks for enlightening me. Now I see the light because you opened your big ugly gateway to hell you call a mouth. My whole life and existence are different now that you said this. I'm so changed...

Lakota West does, Princeton has beaten 1 team with a winning record, a D2 school, Lakota West beat Princeton.
Since when does that matter? Today's poll proves these people don't care about team records, wins or losses. Centerville has 2 losses - 1 was a near 40 point loss with a running clock - and they get voted #11 in the state with a 1st place vote.

ORB won’t tell you what he saw and thinks this is his way of blaming the refs for the loss by not blaming the refs himself. He will say again I was not there I am just saying what witnesses told me.
Actually, I'm not saying anything. I referred to my prior posts. If you want to discuss the officiating at last Friday's game, you should take that up with the other Yappi posters who were either at the game or watched it on video and who commented on that in detail. I must defer to them. Also, that bit you said that this is my backdoor way of blaming the refs without blaming the refs sounds very clever. I wish I had thought of that myself! Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Calling all other SHS posters that were there and are willing to step up and stand behind their word. What did you see that hasn’t been disputed by post video evidence?

Looks like the ball went over and possibly hit the pylon. The official had a great look at it and looks like he got it right.

Calling all other SHS posters that were there and are willing to step up and stand behind their word. What did you see that hasn’t been disputed by post video evidence?

I think Springfield fans are saying the RB pitched it forward. I think it's too close to call from that angle

Looks like the ball went over and possibly hit the pylon. The official had a great look at it and looks like he got it right.
Actually, the official has a bad look..... He's too close. Should be outside the white belt at the goal line.

He got it right, but is very lucky that he didn't suffer a serious injury.

Explain Centerville getting a 1st place vote? Also, even I acknowledge St X destroyed Moeller this year. How can Moeller get 2 1st place votes? And why am I criticized over my alleged bias for my team but no one else is? How can anyone possibly rank Centerville #11 with a 1st place vote? Why am I being criticized for doing exactly what everyone else does? At least when I came up with my poll for this week, I dropped SHS a few spots and was fair minded.
Simple. Pollsters lean towards proven winners

Hard to argue it, though. X lost to Trinity and Ignatius. Ed lost to Moeller. Miamisburg has never been at that lever.
What does past seasons have to do with the current this is a silly statement. Springfield played Trinity in the preseason jamboree and after 3 quarters was up 17-0. Beat Ignatius week 1 ??‍♂️. Teams lose regular season games you either fix it and get better or spiral downhill we will see this week if they bounce back then playoffs

Better angle than from the opposite side of the field as shown on Spectrum. It's very close, but from this angle I think he got it directly angled over the pylon as he got knocked out of bounds.

The official has great position...probably too close, as he should have been a couple steps further back and is probably fortunate he didn't have multiple kids roll through his legs. I'll defer to his judgement as he seems to be pretty intently staring down the pylon and the plain to break from his spot.

What does past seasons have to do with the current this is a silly statement. Springfield played Trinity in the preseason jamboree and after 3 quarters was up 17-0. Beat Ignatius week 1 ??‍♂️. Teams lose regular season games you either fix it and get better or spiral downhill we will see this week if they bounce back then playoffs
So true. Go Wildcats!

Hopefully they have a nice bounce back response like last year after the Northmont loss. Last year other than the Whitmer game (which I'd chalk up to being like this game; some issues with personnel and an opponent having phenomenal execution) they were lights out defensively after that loss. Hopefully this is a good spark.

Time will tell. Looks like there's a good chance they'll be seeing Northmont in back-to-back weeks.

Better angle than from the opposite side of the field as shown on Spectrum. It's very close, but from this angle I think he got it directly angled over the pylon as he got knocked out of bounds.

The official has great position...probably too close, as he should have been a couple steps further back and is probably fortunate he didn't have multiple kids roll through his legs. I'll defer to his judgement as he seems to be pretty intently staring down the pylon and the plain to break from his spot.
Good!