springfield v miamisburg

What BS? I have confidence my team will go far in this year's playoffs. And the stats and facts support that.
Whining why their not ranked higher, whining and excuses when they lost. Ive never seen so many posts on a team that hasnt won anything. Im sure they are good...let them show it in the playoffs

Whining why their not ranked higher, whining and excuses when they lost. Ive never seen so many posts on a team that hasnt won anything. Im sure they are good...let them show it in the playoffs
Havent won anything? SHS just won the league championship Friday night. But that doesn't count in your eyes? I'm not saying anything about the rankings or any losses. I've been talking about how it's the playoffs and the 2d season where everyone is 0-0. Again, these are facts. I still don't fully understand why people like you are so threatened by SHS's success, game stats and chance to go far in the playoffs again. Although, I do have my suspicions about why...

Havent won anything? SHS just won the league championship Friday night. But that doesn't count in your eyes? I'm not saying anything about the rankings or any losses. I've been talking about how it's the playoffs and the 2d season where everyone is 0-0. Again, these are facts. I still don't fully understand why people like you are so threatened by SHS's success, game stats and chance to go far in the playoffs again. Although, I do have my suspicions about why...
Love to know your suspicion? Entertain me. Also...i have no issue with SHS at all. I wouldnt care if they won it all!....Its the way constantly complain. Let their play on the field talk.

Also...league championship is nice...congrats. im talking state championships...the same thing youve been talking about. But you tend to talk in circles

Love to know your suspicion? Entertain me. Also...i have no issue with SHS at all. I wouldnt care if they won it all!....Its the way constantly complain. Let their play on the field talk.
The game stats I keep citing are their play on the field. Why can't you understand that? And, I prefer to keep my suspicions to myself until I have hard facts and proof. But until then, I'll remain on the lookout for that proof.

Also...league championship is nice...congrats. im talking state championships...the same thing youve been talking about. But you tend to talk in circles
As I've previously stated, the new SHS has not been around very long. They are working their way towards the state championship. In addition to league championships, they've also won regional championships. Those are hard to get, especially since they moved the entire greater Dayton area and NW Columbus suburbs into Region 2. Many schools have never been to State. How long did it take St Xavier, Elder, St Eds, Ignatius, Colerain, Pickerington to get there during the playoff era? Decades I believe. So, stop ragging on a new up n coming program.

Last edited:
As I've previously stated, the new SHS has not been around very long. They are working their way towards the state championship. How long did it take St Xavier, Elder, St Eds, Ignatius to get there during the playoff era? Decades I believe. So, stop ragging on a new up n coming program.
Im done...like I said. You talk in circles and have an axe to grind with someone. Regardless of your reply, this is my last post. Good luck

As I've previously stated, the new SHS has not been around very long. They are working their way towards the state championship. In addition to league championships, they've also won regional championships. Those are hard to get, especially since they moved the entire greater Dayton area and NW Columbus suburbs into Region 2. Many schools have never been to State. How long did it take St Xavier, Elder, St Eds, Ignatius, Colerain, Pickerington to get there during the playoff era? Decades I believe. So, stop ragging on a new up n coming program.
The playoffs began in 1972. St. Edward was state runner-up in 1975.

Your question was how long did it take them to get there (i.e., to state). Thus, my response.
No, not to a State tournament. To a state championship. Other posters have suggested nothing a team or program does counts for anything until they have won a state championship. That's what I'm going by. I believe Lakewood St Edward got their first one in the 2010s somewhere.

Basically the same thing. There was no Springfield North prior to 1960. So SHS was SHS until 1960 and is now once again SHS. Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. There were no playoffs then. And, the old SHS and the current SHS are completely different schools, communities and athletic programs in completely different times fifty years apart from each other. They are the same in name only. People from Springfield don't view them as the same school. Springfield South was intended to be a continuation of the original SHS. But, the new combined SHS was not. It is seen as a clean slate, fresh start and a new beginning for Springfield City Schools.

Last edited:
Yes, you are wrong. There were no playoffs then. And, the old SHS and the current SHS are completely different schools, communities and athletic programs in completely different times fifty years apart from each other. They are the same in name only. People from Springfield don't view them as the same school. The new combined SHS is seen as a clean slate and a new beginning for Springfield City Schools.
Yes you are correct no playoffs, Polls awarded State Championships at that time. The Old SHS and Current SHS are now different in location only, due to a combing of the North and South sides of town. Same as it it was pre 1960. This is primarily due to Population fluctuations from Economic booms and declines (IH/ Navistar playing a big part) thus the cause for the Opening and the closing of Springfield North. History has a habit of repeating itself but it is now once again SHS. The Browns left Cleveland but they were and are still the Browns. SHS was founded in 1911 and Never ceased to exist in it's 110 year history. The reunification with Springfield North in 2009 was after a 49 year split. Still Plenty of Springfield folks and their children around that know of only one SHS. That is why they are Cats and not Panthers.

Yes you are correct no playoffs, Polls awarded State Championships at that time. The Old SHS and Current SHS are now different in location only, due to a combing of the North and South sides of town. Same as it it was pre 1960. This is primarily due to Population fluctuations from Economic booms and declines (IH/ Navistar playing a big part) thus the cause for the Opening and the closing of Springfield North. History has a habit of repeating itself but it is now once again SHS. The Browns left Cleveland but they were and are still the Browns. SHS was founded in 1911 and Never ceased to exist in it's 110 year history. The reunification with Springfield North in 2009 was after a 49 year split. Still Plenty of Springfield folks and their children around that know of only one SHS. That is why they are Cats and not Panthers.
That's not how it is perceived though. You had to grow up here and go through SCS to understand. The North-South divide was a pretty bitter rivalry that really affected people's identity. The new SHS is considered a clean slate. They acknowledge and honor the athletic accomplishments of all 3 former schools. But it's not considered or felt that this new combined SHS is the owners of that history or those past sports championships from long ago. I'm not completely sure about this but, I think as far as official record keeping is concerned, the new combined SHS is considered to be a brand new school that just opened in 2008. For example, North girls bball won state in the 1970s but that's the old North High, not the current SHS. I think the gym has a banner to commemorate that but it's in red white n blue to acknowledge that was a completely different school. That's how the ancient athletic championships of the original SHS are viewed - a totally different school that no longer exists. The archived history of Springfield High actually predates the dome's opening in 1911 and goes way back into the 1800s. But again, that's considered ancient history and not part of today's schools. Also, I disagree with your example about the Browns. The old Browns owned by Art Modell are the Baltimore Ravens today. It was negotiated the Browns name and colors would belong to Cleveland if and when they got another team. But I believe Art Modell took the athletic accomplishments and trophies of the old Browns to Baltimore. The current Browns franchise actually is a brand new expansion team that started with a clean slate. They are not the old Browns from before 1995. That's the Ravens. Same with the Ravens and the Baltimore Colts. Different teams and franchises. Indianapolis now has the Baltimore Colts' history and championships.

Last edited: