Scholarships and Commitments

ReLoad, I think Byron Larkin is all-time leading scorer at XU, not Steve Wolf. Steve only played at XU a couple years after transferring from NC State. Maybe Steve is leading scorer at St. X.?

ReLoad, I think Byron Larkin is all-time leading scorer at XU, not Steve Wolf. Steve only played at XU a couple years after transferring from NC State. Maybe Steve is leading scorer at St. X.?
LOL, you're right.
I was thinking of Steve Thomas, not Steve Wolf
My mind is gone
I attended X a long, long time ago and Steve Thomas was the Musketeer leading scorer while I was there until the early 1980's when Anthony Hicks passed him. The record was broken multiple times until Larkin did it in the late 80's and he has it ever since
And all those times I watched Steve Wolf doing commentary on XU games I thought he was Steve Thomas lol

It's a dark day when a graduate of the Evil Empire gets mention in the StX forum

I beg the Board's forgiveness, Your Holiness ReLoad !
Absolved
It's my fault, I set you up.
Now back to all things Bombers

With the college bball transfer portals and early exit to the NBA for prolific players Larkin's all time scoring record at XU will likely never be broken

If you're not familiar with the ratings system here is detailed information

In March (now) they will release ratings for the Class of 2026
Will be interesting to see what ratings are given Clapper and Vollmer.
Then in May they do a spring update and in October a mid season update.
Both Clapper and Vollmer rated as 3 star prospects
Big junior years and possible upgrades in October
GO X!

Both Clapper and Vollmer rated as 3 star prospects
Big junior years and possible upgrades in October
GO X!

Updates
Kobe Clapper:

So either I misread or ON3 changed Clapper's rating overnight
He has a 4 star rating and is primed for a huge season
Specht likely to use him as his favorite chess piece with unlimited roles in a defense where both corners (Reilly and Strayhorn) can hang 1 on 1 with the best

Gordy Sulfsted:
If he has a stellar season as both a DE and a receiving TE it might boost his rating from 3 to 4.

Daniel Vollmer:
Just posted on X that he's been invited to the Under Armour All American Camp on Sunday April 28th
Can he attend in the middle of the LAX season?

Updates
Kobe Clapper:

So either I misread or ON3 changed Clapper's rating overnight
He has a 4 star rating and is primed for a huge season
Specht likely to use him as a chess piece with unlimited roles in a defense where both corners (Reilly and Strayhorn) can hang 1 on 1 with he best

Gordy Sulfsted:
If he has a stellar season as both a DE and a receiving TE it might boost his rating from 3 to 4.

Daniel Vollmer:
Just posted on X that he's been invited to the Under Armour All American Camp on Sunday April 28th
He can since it’s on a Sunday. The kid is a machine.

Tucker Kattus commits to UK
Some say it was a foregone conclusion with his brothers already there.
Others say he was seriously considering Michigan, where his dad played.
How often do you see 3 brothers on a Division 1 college football roster?
I'm sure the parents are happy about it

Most recent list (updated 4/23/24)

Class of 2024 (11 players)
DE Ted Hammond commit to Michigan

LB Noah Beck commit to Navy

TE Luke Klare commit to Purdue (preferred walk-on)

OL Andrew Jennings commit to Amherst College

FS Jack O'Malley offers from Butler and Valparaiso

FS Macen Hall commit to Georgetown KY

DL Nathan Brice commit to Georgetown KY

DB Cole Harris commit to Dennison

OL Justin Kattus commit to Kentucky (preferred walk-on)

RB Gage Patrick commit to DePauw

SS Andrew Weber commit to Kentucky (preferred walk-on)

Class of 2025
OL 3 star Tucker Kattus commit to Kentucky

DE 3 star Gordy Sulfsted 24 offers: Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, Marshall, Miami FL, Miami OH, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Princeton, Purdue, Rutgers, Stanford, Toledo, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington, Wisconsin

CB Shane Strayhorn

Class of 2026
LB Kobe Clapper 17 offers: Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Notre Dame, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, Tennessee, Toledo, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

Ath Daniel Vollmer 7 offers: Akron, Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana, Massachusetts, Miami OH, Toledo

S Aden Reeder

RB Jake Britt

CB Brayden Reilly

WR Cam Taylor

OL Grant Hester

Last edited:
Daniel Vollmer:
Apparently he can participate in these QB camps during LAX season
Yesterday he was at the Elite 11 regional camp in Columbus OH where over 60 QB prospects competed
He finished 9th, behind 5 star Ohio State commit Tavien St. Clair

1713848114378.png
1713848185333.png

The LAX team has won their last 10 games, are undefeated in the GCL and poised for a run at the state title
The Volleyball and Tennis teams both won GCL so the Bombers are likely to take the GCL All Sports Trophy for 9 of the last 10 years

Is Vollmer then leading the pack to be starting QB in '24?
That's great news on X likely winning the GCL All Sports Trophy. I haven't followed baseball or track. Any ideas on how those teams are doing?

Is Vollmer then leading the pack to be starting QB in '24?
It's a wide open competition with 5 guys vying for snaps.....seniors Herbstreit and Soloria and juniors DVollmer, McDonald and Britt
That's great news on X likely winning the GCL All Sports Trophy. I haven't followed baseball or track. Any ideas on how those teams are doing?
Track not sure. Baseball is like basketball.....football players playing another sport.
Specht encourages players to play other sports but are the baseball and basketball programs poisonous?

It's a wide open competition with 5 guys vying for snaps.....seniors Herbstreit and Soloria and juniors DVollmer, McDonald and Britt

Track not sure. Baseball is like basketball.....football players playing another sport.
Specht encourages players to play other sports but are the baseball and basketball programs poisonous?
Britt at QB? RB and Slot WR for sure.

Basketball made some positive strides under Fleming, plus the Frosh (2 L's) and JV (1 L) squads were good (both won the GCL). They both pressed and got up-n-down the court, unlike varsity. Probably based on personnel, but I'd expect St. X varsity to play a lil faster and press next year based on the group on the floor.

Baseball looks to be struggling on the varsity level based on record, which sounds like no surprise from a few convos I've had. Lost a decent group of seniors last year (holes to fill) and had some season ending injuries to starting SS and pitcher heading to Ball St. Checking box scores, rosters, and watching on ESPX, looks like 3 or 4 sophomores are seeing significant playing time on varsity, which I guess favors the future. JV has a current record of 10-2 and four 9gers on roster, so must have some younger talent in the pipeline.

Just looking at basketball, football, and baseball the Class of 2026 (sophomores) seems to have some athletes, so should be a couple strong years ahead.

Britt at QB? RB and Slot WR for sure.
He took snaps.....all in the wildcat formation, but am told he can sling it.
Basketball made some positive strides under Fleming, plus the Frosh (2 L's) and JV (1 L) squads were good (both won the GCL). They both pressed and got up-n-down the court, unlike varsity. Probably based on personnel, but I'd expect St. X varsity to play a lil faster and press next year based on the group on the floor.
Incidents were mishandled and adversely affected the team as a whole and players individually. May have been the final straw for the AD
Baseball looks to be struggling on the varsity level based on record, which sounds like no surprise from a few convos I've had. Lost a decent group of seniors last year (holes to fill) and had some season ending injuries to starting SS and pitcher heading to Ball St. Checking box scores, rosters, and watching on ESPX, looks like 3 or 4 sophomores are seeing significant playing time on varsity, which I guess favors the future. JV has a current record of 10-2 and four 9gers on roster, so must have some younger talent in the pipeline.
Specht encourages football players to represent StX in other sports year round. Would be nice if coaches in those sports reciprocated