Scholarships and Commitments

Will there be a deep threat this season? Cam Taylor? Brayden Reilly? Simeon Betts? Alex Walker? August Betz? Logan Von Holle?
And if so can at least one of the QB candidates consistently get it to them?
Last season X's longest pass play was 49 yards.
Reilly seems to have the best speed, but Hage not watched the latter 3 much. Taylor seems to get good separation, but not sure if he has that other gear.. reminds me a lot of #8 from the class of '22 (name escapes me). Betts seems to have all the tools. From what I remember about his pre X days, he was the QB in the Colerain Jr. High. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the football season off to focus on baseball.

Reilly seems to have the best speed, but Hage not watched the latter 3 much. Taylor seems to get good separation, but not sure if he has that other gear.. reminds me a lot of #8 from the class of '22 (name escapes me). Betts seems to have all the tools. From what I remember about his pre X days, he was the QB in the Colerain Jr. High. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the football season off to focus on baseball.
I think a lot of this production hinges on new OC and what offense they run and of course who QB is. Taylor was open often last year but didn't get many balls thrown his way. Betts has some speed but seems like consistency was an issue and why he never really broke out. Shamsi let LAX go to focus on football, he depending on his size he could get work at TE (however that depends on what type of O they run). There are a few JV guys that were moved to D last year in secondary (because the twins and Reder were working with varsity and there was uncertainty around their availability) that are moving back to WR, so that should add some competition to the mix as well.

In the past week, Clapper picks up offers from 2 Big Ten schools Minnesota and Michigan State to increase his D1 offer list to 21
Also endorsement from Tom Lemming as a member of his 2026 All American team, comparison to Luke Kuechly and projection as eventual 5 star HS prospect

Michigan State Offers Class of 2026 4-Star OLB Jakobe Clapper​

Sulfsted commits to Notre Dame
Interesting info in a few of the articles on his commitment.

He was prepared to choose between Wisconsin and Duke and received an offer today from ND and accepted on the spot.
ND coaches are expecting him to add at least 30lbs and move inside to defensive tackle.
Ohio State was considering him as a tight end.
Currently ND has the top ranked recruiting class for next year

Great news on Sulfsted committing to ND. His high GPA has to be icing on the cake for the ND staff.
It'd be something if Clapper ended up in South Bend too, a year hence.
Interesting interview today of Rocky Boiman (former Bomber and Notre Dame standout) with the Inside ND Sports podcast.
In the first 8 minutes of the podcast he discusses the last minute signing of Sulfsted, what position he'll play and weight gain, concerns of his only having a 3 star rating, the rating system, Freeman's recruitment of StX, talks about both Clapper and Brayden Reilly and RBs and WRs but not by name (likely referring to Britt, Vollmer and possibly Cam Taylor.
The last 42 minutes are just about ND football, not StX

Updated 8/7/2024

Class of 2025
OL 3 star Tucker Kattus commit to Kentucky

DE 3 star Gordy Sulfsted 24 commit to Notre Dame

CB Shane Strayhorn

Class of 2026
LB Kobe Clapper 20 offers: Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Massachusetts, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, Tennessee, Toledo, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

Ath Daniel Vollmer 9 offers: Akron, Cincinnati, Duke, Eastern Michigan, Harvard, Indiana, Massachusetts, Miami OH, Toledo

LB Aden Reeder 2 offers: Toledo and UMass

RB Jake Britt

CB Brayden Reilly

WR Cam Taylor

OL Grant Hester